Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#507924 04/07/14 08:10 AM
T
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
T
Hi,

When they will launch the linux version? (or it was canceled?). Wine works, but not as fast as my comp. can run it. =(

thx

Tomohare #508021 04/07/14 10:10 AM
stranger
stranger
Yeah... I'd like to ask the same question.
I got the Steam key and everything, but I can't do much playing without it being released on Linux.

Is there any date, timeline... anything?

Tomohare #508615 04/07/14 08:19 PM
journeyman
journeyman
It's not cancel (till now, or at least there is no information about it) and the only Timeline given was "after the mac-version" Hopefully we will get some information about that soon ...

i love to play with my wife and here windows is broken (and i don't wona fix it...)

Tomohare #509719 05/07/14 09:45 PM
I
apprentice
apprentice
I
Gog version in wine still doesn't work (it hangs 98% of the time when starting the game, only the cursor changes and nothing else). (and i had to patch wine just to install it since this bug http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=32451 and it's 'easy' workaround don't work for this gog installer). If it's patched it's 100% of the time as far as i can tell. Also the gog 'version' is obviously just the steam version repacked with a rush install shield job, what with the steamapi.dll being imported and all.
In fact, i'm just going to try that, dummy that dll.

edit: which didn't work, along with the many workarounds i tried.

Last edited by i30817; 05/07/14 10:28 PM.
Tomohare #509758 05/07/14 10:26 PM
P
stranger
stranger
P
Linux should be priority over mac, because Linux has much better graphic drivers. I can imagine porting a game to mac to be real mess.

Tomohare #510428 06/07/14 02:37 PM
U
stranger
stranger
U
can someone please write a tutorial how to get it running in wine. I was able to make run till after character chreation but than it hangs frown

export WINEARCH=win32
export WINEPREFIX=....somepathto install
winetricks dotnet35sp1
winetricks --no-isolate steam
install game
cd $WINEPREFIX/drive_c/Program\ Files/Steam/SteamApps/common/Divinity\ -\ Original\ Sin/
mv _CommonRedist _CommonRedist_Backup
run the game

Once i'm after character creation basically the game uses 1 core @ 100% for a very very long time.
Not sure if i should wait even longer but i don't think it will help, if you checkout all the 32bit issues they have.

Tried to get a 64Bit wine running with dotnet 3.5 but i wasn't successfull.

[Edited]
I kinda get to the same result if i do the following
WINEPREFIX=....
winetricks corefonts msxml3 d3dx9 vcrun2008
winetricks --no-isolate steam
install game
winetricks --force d3dx9_43 d3dcompiler_43
cd $WINEPREFIX/drive_c/Program\ Files/Steam/SteamApps/common/Divinity\ -\ Original\ Sin/
cd $WINEPREFIX/drive_c/Program\ Files/Steam/SteamApps/common/Divinity\ -\ Original\ Sin/Shipping
wine ./EoCApp.exe

not sure if msxml3 d3dx9 vcrun2008 corefonts is need but it seems like d3dx9_43 and d3dcompiler_43 is needed

Last edited by unknown78; 06/07/14 03:11 PM.
Tomohare #515863 10/07/14 10:03 PM
U
stranger
stranger
U
Ok i think i found out where it hangs and what is needed to install it in wine

You only need d3dx9_43 and d3dcompiler_43 and the Game doesn't depend on steam so once downloaded you can move it to another wineprefix.

1.) export WINEPREFIX=somedir
2.) winetricks d3dx9_43 d3dcompiler_43
2.) winetricks --no-isolate steam
3.) download the game
4.) cd $WINEPREFIX/drive_c/Program\ Files/Steam/SteamApps/common/Divinity\ -\ Original\ Sin/

^^ the last step stops steam trying to install additional files (not needed and might end up in a looop)

Once this is done you should be able to start the game / create a profile / change gfx settings and so on. Also you should be able to start New Game.
After a while you will be able to create your char's and you should be able to see the intro movie. But when loading Cyseal the game basically stops with using 100%.

But i was able load a stored save from windows after copying all the profile data and cache data from the windows game to the linux folder.

Last edited by unknown78; 10/07/14 10:06 PM.
Tomohare #515887 10/07/14 10:25 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Hope it relases on Linux/Mac Soon- I dont have those, but still the more players that can play this game the better smile

M
stranger
stranger
M
This WORKS!!! Thanks...I have been looking for a way to play until the LINUX version is released. Thanks smile

Tomohare #542067 11/08/14 02:32 PM
T
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
T
Anything about the linux version or they just forget it?

Tomohare #542087 11/08/14 03:44 PM
Originally, this game worked for me in Linux, and in fact I played it for about 30 hours without a single crash, and the only minor issues i had, I'm finding, occur in the Windows version as well. However, at some point my sound drivers decided they hated Wine even more than usual. I've since reinstalled Windows (which hurt) and haven't had too much trouble.

But yeah, I'm looking forward to playing this game natively.

Personally, I doubt it will be anytime this year frown

CPU: i7-4930k, Gfx: EVGA 950, RAM: 16GB DDR3-2133 (quad channel), OS: Arch Linux
Tomohare #542112 11/08/14 07:04 PM
journeyman
journeyman
The questioning would end if there there would be some schedule like "this year" or "till winter" but larian keep silent...

Tomohare #544588 17/08/14 12:02 AM
N
apprentice
apprentice
N
seems like no linux release frown

Tomohare #544589 17/08/14 12:25 AM
T
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
T
I still have some hope. They said that the GOG version would have the Galaxy stuff and still nothing, maybe they are trying to make it work before pushing foward with the linux version. It would be nice to have even in the early state to at least test it ...

sleep

Tomohare #544598 17/08/14 03:07 AM
Support
Support

It is kind of hard to support Galaxy before it is available. When Larian first confirmed Galaxy support they said the end of August; I have not been following GOG news to see if it is still on track.

Larian has confirmed there will be a Linux release, they just have not announced an ETA. After the PC and Mac releases is that terribly surprising? In response to a tweet asking if it would be released this year, Larian responded "We certainly hope so!", which, unless you are a pessimist, implies a release well before the end of the year.

Tomohare #544881 17/08/14 03:54 PM
D
stranger
stranger
D
Well I certainly hope the Linux version is announced soon, as my collectors edition box is sitting in a corner unopened with lots of dust on it.

For us Linux users with no windows machines, this wait is excruciating.

Daz23 #544920 17/08/14 06:28 PM
R
apprentice
apprentice
R
Originally Posted by Daz23
Well I certainly hope the Linux version is announced soon, as my collectors edition box is sitting in a corner unopened with lots of dust on it.

For us Linux users with no windows machines, this wait is excruciating.

+1

While I still have a Windows installation in a triple boot config (Linux Mint, PC-BSD and Windows), I would much prefer to play D:OS on Linux.

recluce #544995 17/08/14 10:13 PM
U
stranger
stranger
U
Originally Posted by recluce
While I still have a Windows installation in a triple boot config (Linux Mint, PC-BSD and Windows), I would much prefer to play D:OS on Linux.

Same here, I have dual boot but I rarely use it because it feels like visiting that weird uncle that nobody really likes.
The only reason I kickstarted was for the linux release and I simply won't play until it arrives.

Meanwhile my brother whom I gifted my second kickstarter key is enjoying the hell out of D:OS on windows which makes the wait even more painful...

Tomohare #545713 19/08/14 03:37 PM
N
apprentice
apprentice
N
Any news?

Raze #546514 21/08/14 12:58 PM
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Raze
Larian has confirmed there will be a Linux release, they just have not announced an ETA. After the PC and Mac releases is that terribly surprising? In response to a tweet asking if it would be released this year, Larian responded "We certainly hope so!", which, unless you are a pessimist, implies a release well before the end of the year.

It actually implies they haven't bothered at all. Which is a shame because the windows and the linux build could almost be made together. The mac build is of course a little bit weird.

If they hope it will be this year, it will be next year, and that is a realistic stance. This game was planned for november 2013. It became juni 2014. I don't hold that against them because the original release dates were absurd. It's just how a developers mind works.
But if I compare it to another kickstarter project: wasteland 2. They really are a year late (even though they had a more realistic time table), but every engine bug is being worked out. The beta testing is on multiple platforms. Even though they use a standard unity engine, there are still platform and engine bugs to work out.
I am guessing that with an in-house made engine, these problems are way bigger to handle, especially if you adapt the engine for another platform as an afterthought.
So for my feeling, I think we can expect the first beta end 2014, start 2015. And the release will probably be Q2 2015.
That's fine with me, because I know the game will be wort the waiting. I hope the engine is too. And I do not have any time this year to play games.
If it appears sooner, I do have a major problem, because I still do not have the time :-(.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard