apprentice
apprentice
R
It works!

I was able to:

1.) Destroy my Steam Key at larianvault.com
2.) Generate a GOG Code
3.) Redeem Code at gog.com
4.) Download game at gog.com (even though you cannot buy the game at GOG yet). Now waiting for the download to finish...

Thanks to the Larian team.

J
stranger
stranger
J
It worked for me too. Thanks Larian. I know it's been mentioned that the Steam version is DRM free, but I still prefer to keep my DRM free games on the DRM free store. Plus D:OS looks great on my game shelf next to my other Divinity games.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Still no key for GOG.

J
stranger
stranger
J
If you have a Steam key, you have to destroy it first.

I logged into the Larian Vault.
Clicked on D:OS Kickstarter.
Scrolled down to Your Rewards In Detail.
Under "Divinity: Original Sin Digital", I had the option to destroy my Steam key.
Then I was able to click an -> to generate a new key.
The option for GOG was in a drop down box.

Support
Support
[Linked Image]

T
stranger
stranger
T
Thank you for the simplified version. I am not the sharpest pencil in the box but I finally got the GOG version that I wanted.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Hey guys, hope this is the right thread for my question:

I got a key for the beta of this from a friend. Yesterday he revoked the key in his Vault and already got a new key. But the game is still in my Steam library.
How long till it gets removed from/by Steam?
I ask, because i have a gift copy of this game in my inventory which i want to use.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by bobitsch
Hey guys, hope this is the right thread for my question:

I got a key for the beta of this from a friend. Yesterday he revoked the key in his Vault and already got a new key. But the game is still in my Steam library.
How long till it gets removed from/by Steam?
I ask, because i have a gift copy of this game in my inventory which i want to use.

I'm not sure if this would work as I've never tried it with two copies of a game, but you could delete the local content from the beta version (should be an option if you right click on the game in your games library in Steam) which will uninstall it from your computer. Then you can install the gifted version of D:OS. Sounds simple in theory, and hopefully will work! wink

Edit: Although there may be a way to find the key from the gifted version and just activate the D:OS you already have installed. I'm not sure about that either....just throwing out ideas! laugh

Last edited by Eronel; 04/07/14 01:40 PM. Reason: Added more information.
A
veteran
veteran
A
Originally Posted by EinTroll
Not much point in trying to educate the younger half of the population of patience these days. Most other sources just say "faster,faster,faster,fasterer".

And Action-RPGs meet their demand. No "stop for a while and listen" ...

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
B
stranger
stranger
B
Sorry, seems i explained it wrong smile

The beta key as you know transformed to the full version, which i now have in my library and can play.
But i already have a gift copy in my inventory, which i planned to use. As it was said back then, that the beta keys stop working after release

Support
Support

I understood what you meant, but I am not sure what is suppose to happen with revoked keys. Did you try redeeming the gift? Maybe it is still listed in your library because it is installed, but Steam will recognize that it isn't in your account? Alternately, see if the website will let you buy a copy, or if it disables that and just leaves buying as a gift.

veteran
veteran
If it's the same as me... nope, it's still completely owned, playable etc.

C
stranger
stranger
C
One question I've had that I've yet to see is I kickstarted this game, forgot I had kickstarted it, got my code for the kickstarter rewards after I had purchased the game on Steam, used the Kickstarter reward code from the Larian Vault on my Steam version and used the Divinity copy I got from the Larian Vault to give to a friend who wanted the game but couldn't afford it. Never got the kickstarter rewards but a few of my other friends who also kickstarted had. Contacted the Larian support directly and they said I should still get the rewards due to having the code (and my game saying I have the kickstarter version) but experience has said otherwise. I don't know if giving the copy from the Larian Vault invalidates me from getting the rewards or not but if it does I find that to be kinda bollocks given I've basically got two versions of the game.

Also my name still isn't in the "Thank You" kickstarter list and this makes me sad.

Support
Support

Do you get the 'Kickstarter Edition' message on the main menu (bottom centre of screen, above the copyright notice) after creating a profile and entering the kickstarter backer code?

The credits and kickstarter list are a work in progress.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by Raze

Do you get the 'Kickstarter Edition' message on the main menu (bottom centre of screen, above the copyright notice) after creating a profile and entering the kickstarter backer code?

The credits and kickstarter list are a work in progress.

Yes, Kickstarter edition is at the bottom of my main menu whenever I create a new profile and use my Kickstarter code.

Support
Support

Then there should be Zandalor's Trunks and the Golden Grail in the inventory of one character in the game. The engraving tool isn't available yet, if you backed at a level to get it. If there was a pet in your tier, check the special section of the skill window for the spell to summon it (otherwise there would just be Staff of Magus there).

C
stranger
stranger
C
And yet there is not and I had donated enough for the talking pants, at least. This is the point where Larian support stopped talking to me because for all intents and purposes I should receive the rewards and yet I am not.

Last edited by Captain_Judaism; 06/07/14 04:47 PM.
When is the video part of the developer notes being released or are there no videos?

R
stranger
stranger
R
Hello there! I haven't got my key. Is it because I wasn't registered to this forum?

Support
Support

No, you don't need a forum account, just one on the Larian Vault. Log in there, or create a new account, link it to your kickstarter/paypal email if you have not done so yet (click on the kickstarter logo), and select where you want the digital version(s) of the game, etc.

The kickstarter backer code should be in a red box on the Summary page (shown by default after clicking on 'D:OS Kickstarter').

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard