Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
It's not a big deal for base attributes since you can offset the values, but losing 10% Crit is pretty huge. It's been reported before, hopefully they're aware of it.

I found this guide very nicely done!

My only issue is, is there a way to do this which works with the mod system and as such, works like a normal mod? [edit: by actually making it into its own mod, which causes it to struggle to be tested.]

Going to have a mess around to see if I am explore/experiment.

Last edited by Tiaexz; 16/07/14 02:07 AM.
Z
stranger
stranger
Z
@Pestilence

First off, thanks for the great tutorial and resources! Really nice work.

I just finished testing out all of the spells & skills and I wanted to suggest a couple of revisions to your chart. Here goes:

- Smokescreen is listed on the chart as "Path_CreateSmokeScreen" but I was only able to get it to work as "Path_CreateSmokescreen".

- Explode is listed on the chart as "Shoud_ExplodeSelf" but it worked when I changed it to "Shout_ExplodeSelf".

That's all, the rest seemed to work fine. Thanks again!

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
Two more fixes I found after digging into this a bit more:

- Phoenix Dive is listed on the guide as a Pyrokinetic spell, but in my game it falls under Man-at-Arms.

- Rain of Arrows is listed on the guide as a Man-at-Arms skill, but appears to be under Expert Marksman in my game.

Thanks!

D
stranger
stranger
D
So, just did everything you said / wrote, and get an error message

[Linked Image]

Thanks in advance for any advice on how to fix this.

I
stranger
stranger
I
I was wondering if anyone had tried to get this to work in multiplayer. If so what are the steps?

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
I had a strange problem while trying to add a henchman and thought I would share my solution.

What was happening: The custom henchman appeared in the list of henchmen as level 1537. Obviously, not being level 1536, I couldn't hire them.

What was wrong: Under the node HenchManData the following line was incorrect:

<attribute id="Level" value="1" type="1" />

..what it needed to be was:

<attribute id="Level" value="1" type="4" />

I got the type=4 from checking the .lsx of the henchman I was able to get added which displayed as a level 1 character as expected. Since the rogue was displaying as the improper level I made its level line look like the wizards, and poof.

Something that might have been related but I changed at the same time so I can't be certain: The rogue had the spell Projectile_UnlockMagic with 0 in witchcraft, character level 1, and 5 intellect. Since I removed that spell from the rogue's .lsx before it was showing at the proper level, I can't be certain it whether was a part of the problem or not.

R
addict
addict
R
Alright, so according to the properties.lsx, Male Henchman use the following RootTemplate-
23f3af72-437c-4aff-91ca-914ef6e6ebb7

While Female Henchman use this-
3ec36a84-93a1-409f-83d6-4b7b17745df6

Which RootTemplates (and consequently, what Stats) do those correspond to?

Females
RootTemplate- Companion_F_Kickstarter
RootTemplate GUID- 3ec36a84-93a1-409f-83d6-4b7b17745df6
Stats- Henchman_Madoc_Paladin

Males
RootTemplate- Companion_M_Kickstarter
RootTemplate GUID- 23f3af72-437c-4aff-91ca-914ef6e6ebb7
Stats- Henchman_Jahan_Mage

This makes changing their default stats (including "CriticalChance") quite simple; you just need to overwrite the two Stat entries with a mod. And maybe change Madoc/Jahan to point to a copy of their original stats, if you're wanting to preserve them.

At some point I might try to figure out how to get custom henchman via a mod rather than making a Main folder directly.

stranger
stranger
This guide is fantastic !! Good job my friend wink

...but the visual preset are so creepy and limited, IMO, is there a way to use the same two main characters presets? è»…

Last edited by Aquarius; 26/07/14 06:50 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
@Aquarius, Yes you can but you need to edit a template. I am using that method in my own mod Legion Zero. Shall I write a quick tutorial for that?

stranger
stranger
It would be great FromHolland wink Without hurry thankyou

V
stranger
stranger
V
Works like a charm! Thanks for the guide.
I hope that in the future they let us build our henchman ingame.

journeyman
journeyman
@Aquarius

Sure will do that today/tomorrow

youll learn how to do this:
[Linked Image]

meanwhile you can try editing the properties.lsx

search for:
<node id="HenchManFemaleRootTemplateIDs">
<children>
<attribute id="Object" value="3ec36a84-93a1-409f-83d6-4b7b17745df6" type="22" />
</node>
</children>

and change the value to another character in game (try looking for map key for that).
Try this one:
7993a815-d277-460d-9a33-f88a6ff86fba

your new code will change to this:
<children>
<attribute id="Object" value="7993a815-d277-460d-9a33-f88a6ff86fba" type="22" />
</node>
</children>

When done all your female henchman will look like your chosen character. Can be enemies etc

Fun thing to figure out is how to make a new race in the properties.lsx. Then we'll have complete freedom over what visuals/animation etc we want to use with henchmen

Last edited by FromHolland; 26/07/14 02:48 PM.
stranger
stranger
Greeeaaat !!! You rock guys (FromHolland and Pestilence). I can now set the henchman as other main characters wink Thank you so much: I can play now with some other friends of mine without mod wink

P.S. when i create and saved the henchman i can delete .lsx and my henchman continue to working i see, do you confirm that too?

Just another thing.. I notice when level 1 henchman gain the same level of the party he/she not gain the correct stats point and talents but only one, movement 1.50 instead 1.60 ...is it a bug?

EDIT: I think henchman don't get correct stat/talent points when he gain 2 or more levels at once (from level 1 for example). Someone wrote "If you use mechanic number 2 ...ttribute points from the level up." what does it mean?

Last edited by Aquarius; 28/07/14 08:03 PM.
U
stranger
stranger
U
Are there any templates for level 3 or lower characters?

M
stranger
stranger
M
The first time I tried this I copied the Battlemage template and although it appeared in the list, none of the changes I made to it seemed to have any effect. So I tried with the wayfarer, just copying it into the previous file and it didn't even appear in the list. What did I do wrong? My file is a text document but I can't see what kind of file you created.

Last edited by marius; 10/08/14 03:22 PM.
G
stranger
stranger
G
Hi there,

just a short question. I`m tinkering around with the tutorial and my own henchmen but it seem to be no way to get it working in a existing multiplayer game. Have anyone found a way for that?

cu Gantu

Last edited by Gantu; 10/08/14 09:52 PM.
stranger
stranger
Awesome guide. Thank you for sharing it! smile

W
stranger
stranger
W
Originally Posted by Gantu
just a short question. I`m tinkering around with the tutorial and my own henchmen but it seem to be no way to get it working in a existing multiplayer game. Have anyone found a way for that?

I found a method that seems to work for integrating the custom henchman into a mod, vs overriding the main game. Although I haven't tested it in multi (solo player), it should work the same as any other mod. This also gets rid of the "corrupt" alert message that pops up when loading the game.

First, either use an existing mod or make a new one to hold the files (I used the "Modified Main" files located on [Tutorial] Main Campaign Mods). Place that into the correct folder (%D:OS install dir%\Data\Mods & \Data\Public). Then put the custom henchmen files inside of %D:OS install dir%\Data\Mods so that your directory tree looks like this:

Code
D:\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Data>tree
[...]
+---Mods
|   +---Modified_Main_9b125d2b-c4a0-4107-bd38-d0d6bdbcbb4b
|   |   meta.lsx
|   |   +---CharacterCreation
|   |       +---HenchManPresets
|   |           HenchMan_custom1.lsx
+---Public
    +---Main
    |   +---Assets
    |       +---Sound
    +---Modified_Main_9b125d2b-c4a0-4107-bd38-d0d6bdbcbb4b

Basically it's just like any other mod, but the files go inside the Mods dir instead of the Public dir. After that, just do the save game meta.lsb dance to get your mod activated on your previous save game.

Also, thanks so much to Pestilence for getting this all started! thankyou

Last edited by w_turner; 01/09/14 06:47 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by FromHolland
youll learn how to do this:

Can you customize 4 Players instead of just two ?

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard