D
dot Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
D
Work in Progress (WIP).

Hey there,

I have been fooling around with the editor creating a larger quest. Here is one very important place:

[Linked Image]

Tell me what you like, don't like etc.

Regards,

Chris

Edit:

Do you think the level of detail will suffice to enjoy playing it?

Last edited by dot; 06/07/14 08:39 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Well it looks like two waterfalls, with a wooden bridge closing a drop from the cliff.
You'd have to tell me more for me to say whether i like or dislike..

Anyhow, Kudos for effort. wink

D
dot Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
D
I do not know if you heard about the game "Secret of Mana". Before you become a hero and save the world with the mana sword you will drop from a tree bridge, because you and 2 buddies did not listen to the adults. This coincidence will lead to the discovery of the sword which has lost its power and therefore cannot protect the world anymore. It calls out for us.

The scene:
[Linked Image]

Secret of Mana (SNES)

I know the scene from the original game is more detailed, but ... c'mon!

Last edited by dot; 06/07/14 08:32 PM.
old hand
old hand
What you posted looks very good to me.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
veteran
veteran
I like your scene, good work.

Only thing I think could be improved: the tree/bridge looks a bit too unnatural, too symmetric.

WOOS
veteran
veteran
Holy crap. that's the beginning of secret of mana! add original snes music and... nostalgia love laugh

D
dot Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
D
Yes, the tree bridge is a little too perfect. I will work on it. Thanks for the input!

I'm currently creating the *.bnk files from the orchestral version of the secret of mana OST. You will love it wink

You can check it out here:
http://grooveshark.com/#!/s/FANTASY+II+SECRET+OF+MANA/4e5cRU?src=5

Last edited by dot; 07/07/14 07:48 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
I like this little area, well done smile Nothing bad to say except the bridge which was already mentioned.

D
dot Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
D
Due to more and more crashes, not working functions (import of soundbank files, music files not working, ...), bad controlls (movement and editing of objects), bad database management (dependencies, main protection vs broken main ... ) and the lack of any documentation of any function I will not continue using the editor.

Maybe in a few months when they released a documentation (not tutorial videos) and fixed the faulty paths of many files (linking to their file servers).

I'm just not willing to trial and error everything (did that when I had no clue about programming) or to use so many different programs to get to some files. It just shows an unfinished product.

Regards,

Chris

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by dot
Due to more and more crashes, not working functions (import of soundbank files, music files not working, ...), bad controlls (movement and editing of objects), bad database management (dependencies, main protection vs broken main ... ) and the lack of any documentation of any function I will not continue using the editor.

Maybe in a few months when they released a documentation (not tutorial videos) and fixed the faulty paths of many files (linking to their file servers).

I'm just not willing to trial and error everything (did that when I had no clue about programming) or to use so many different programs to get to some files. It just shows an unfinished product.

Regards,

Chris

I agree, the editor is currently in quite a bad shape. It gave me most grieving when it constantly crashed during browsing sound assets in resource manager.

But yeah, there's still error exceptions happening, UI is slow, error console starts shouting everytime i change into Game mode... It's a fantastic editor don't get me wrong, but needs some work from Larian before it can be even safely used for serious projects.

Last edited by SuZaKu; 07/07/14 10:31 PM.
stranger
stranger
I worked with the NWN2 toolset for the better part of three years. I think I'm immune to random crashes and odd slowdowns, by this point.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
So was I the only one who thought 'Why is that S floating there?' rather than having a nostalgia trip? Mind you I had a Commodore Amiga, rather than a SNES so that might have been it.

apprentice
apprentice
Are you going to remake SoM in DOS?

D
dot Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
D
Originally Posted by Steerpike
So was I the only one who thought 'Why is that S floating there?' rather than having a nostalgia trip? Mind you I had a Commodore Amiga, rather than a SNES so that might have been it.

The "floating S" is a sound trigger that let's you hear a waterfall in the near background. The "P"s are effects (splashing water). Ingame it will look like this:

[Linked Image]

About the mod:
Sorry, I'm not continuing as of now because there is no way I can inform myself about any function. There is no documentation for the editor and trial and error (testing every function until it works) takes way too much time.

Last edited by dot; 08/07/14 06:18 AM.
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Hey did you get the Character creation screen working on your mod? i haven't had any luck getting it to work. When i hit New Game it just says "Singleplayer (Mod)" and "Multiplayer (Mod)" But they are both un-clickable and greyed.

D
dot Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
D
I have not yet included the Character creation screen. However I can load and play my mod without problems.

If you are missing a story folder try this:

1.) Open Story Editor
2.) file -> generate definitions + build

[Linked Image]

It should fix some problems.
Also look for your module settings so that the correct levels areasigned as starting levels + the level is in the level folder of your mod (which actually is not an issue, because in order to select is must be in the right folder).

Link Copied to Clipboard