Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Selakah Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
So I went into Luccula Mines before finding the white witch. I blew up the necromancer's bone totem with a fireball and it went down in a single shot. Unfortunately, my characters did not react to the totem going down at all and the miners are still enthralled. Problem is, this happened a while ago and I did not think much of it at the time. Fifteen or so hours later, I free the witch and she wants me to investigate the mines. Except I can't get the password for the door now because the miners are still enthralled despite no totem. Am I screwed, or is there another way to get past that door?

Last edited by Selakah; 05/07/14 05:12 PM.
E
stranger
stranger
E
*Bump* I'm also having this issue. Really bummed at the prospect of having to ditch 15 hours of gameplay.

Has anyone got a solution?

D
stranger
stranger
D
unlock it

A
stranger
stranger
A
Fairly sure there's another way to get past that door. Look at the table to the left of the door.

Sanity is for the weak
A
apprentice
apprentice
A
You definitly need the code word for the door afaik. The miners, the conduit :> and the foreman i think know the word. I didnt found a paper or book which tells you the word, i got it from the miners.

SO yeah, MAYBE if you totem got bugged and the miners are still thralled you might be screwed. I didnt found another way yet.

old hand
old hand
We have a fix for this one and it'll be included in one of the upcoming patches - there is an alternative solution which involves killing all the skeletons.

E
stranger
stranger
E
Thank you for the pointers on killing the skeletons.

After killing the skeletons, there was a note that spawned in the small area north of the bone totem with a table (between the two cave-ins at approximately x33 y99, but from other contextual clues it could spawn in more than one location.)

B
stranger
stranger
B
So how do I recover now from an already broken savegame with the newest GOG version?

edit: Skeletons still don't talk. In one of my oldest quicksaves, the group near the gate is still alive, but they have no dialogue option to give me the password smirk
edit: Talking to the second group changes some stuff in the journal and get me to the "found totem" branch, but the totem is already destroyed smirk

Last edited by BugMeNot; 20/07/14 07:05 PM.
B
stranger
stranger
B
still stuck frown

old hand
old hand
hah, i just got there but i talked to the cultists and made them friendly.

didnt destroy the totem, until i snoop more.
wisely done heh.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Selakah
So I went into Luccula Mines before finding the white witch. I blew up the necromancer's bone totem with a fireball and it went down in a single shot. Unfortunately, my characters did not react to the totem going down at all and the miners are still enthralled. Problem is, this happened a while ago and I did not think much of it at the time. Fifteen or so hours later, I free the witch and she wants me to investigate the mines. Except I can't get the password for the door now because the miners are still enthralled despite no totem. Am I screwed, or is there another way to get past that door?

Lockpick!!.....I tried it because f*** it, why the f*** not and it worked. I later reloaded an older save because I didn't feel like dealing with that bit right then but that works. Put some lockpick boosting accessories(which are quite common, by lvl 10 I had lie six of them) and boom....progress ongoing!!

Link Copied to Clipboard