Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
stranger
stranger
After I managed to make the Cup of Oil I found out that this list is not accurate

Originally Posted by Apok.pt

- Fire Arrowhead + Barrel of Oil = Smokecloud Arrowhead.
- Stunning Arrowhead + Barrel of Oil = Smokecloud Arrowhead?

Fire Arrowhead + Cup of Oil = Explosive Arrow
Stunning Arrowhead + Cup of Oil = nothing

Does anyone know the recipe for Smokescreen Arrow? This is the only arrow I need for my ranger, best arrow in-game.

A
addict
addict
A
Hey, op, I don't see Bow\Crossbow + Sextant combination in the list. It boosts perception and dexterity(?).

R
stranger
stranger
R
Originally Posted by LordCrash
Originally Posted by rionbk
Originally Posted by LordCrash
Anyone knows how to craft anything with Mysterious Fabric Dye?

It's a black dye flask which you can buy in Silverglen later in the game for 4000 gold with the following description:

"A magical, mysterious dye that can turn mere cloth scrapes into something...out of this world."

I've tried to combine it with cloth scrapes, leather armor, robes, sarons but nothing worked (with crafting on level 5 of course).

Any ideas or is this a bug?

I've been able to dye plate/scale armor black with it so far

Cool, thanks!

Does it give any effect/bonus besides dyeing black?

Nope, just seems to be a dye only, I would have thought as well it might have magical properties due to the description given for it.

stranger
stranger
After I managed to make the Cup of Oil I found out that this list is not accurate

- Fire Arrowhead + Barrel of Oil = Smokecloud Arrowhead.
- Stunning Arrowhead + Barrel of Oil = Smokecloud Arrowhead?

Fire Arrowhead + Cup of Oil = Explosive Arrow
Stunning Arrowhead + Cup of Oil = nothing

Does anyone know the recipe for Smokescreen Arrow? This is the only arrow I need for my ranger, best arrow in-game.

Barrel works too.

veteran
veteran
I think from level 16/17 onwards you get 2+ STR and 2+ DEX on weapon stats from Tormented Souls. I'm at level 17 now and it gives me that much. IIRC I've crafted my last weapons before this on level 15 and then I only got +1/+1.

WOOS
F
stranger
stranger
F
Originally Posted by Furyz
So did anyone figure purpose of Joshua's spice? I saw some food like dwarwen stew maybe it used to create it or another "rare" food. But i hardly can imagine one time consumable with ingridient that cost 800.

I read this can be used with gear (weapons / armor) for a big boost, not sure what it does as I have not found it.

I've tried to combine spice with weapons and armors, not possible for me... probably missing something.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I have now updated all recipes into a new thread which I can again modify, I have added all new recipes mentions (I think) and added several more I have found, also corrected several spelling errors and changes some formatting.

I will not be updating this thread anymore, You can view the new thread Here

V
stranger
stranger
V
What is the skill requirements for adding a tormented soul to an item ? the requirements would be a good addition to this list.

H
stranger
stranger
H
How do you use Mysterious Fabric Dye..? ive tryed moveing it to every piece of armor and nothing happen.

F
stranger
stranger
F
Originally Posted by Vainfall
What is the skill requirements for adding a tormented soul to an item ? the requirements would be a good addition to this list.

5 craft minimum i think.

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
Originally Posted by Aramintai
Hey, op, I don't see Bow\Crossbow + Sextant combination in the list. It boosts perception and dexterity(?).

COOL!

journeyman
journeyman
I have several questions.
Joshua's spice - any idea what for?

Combine it with a weapon.

Originally Posted by JTWibble
Is there anything you can do with intestines? Would be great to get sinew out of them.

I'm using ItemCombos.txt and ItemComboPreviews.lsx as raw references and there isn't anything for intestines in there at all. Unless the code is something totally different; I tried looking for 'guts' and 'stomach' and such, but no dice.

journeyman
journeyman
So did anyone figure purpose of Joshua's spice? I saw some food like dwarwen stew maybe it used to create it or another "rare" food. But i hardly can imagine one time consumable with ingridient that cost 800.

I read this can be used with gear (weapons / armor) for a big boost, not sure what it does as I have not found it.

I've tried to combine spice with weapons and armors, not possible for me... probably missing something.

Whoops, missed that there was already some replies here. smile

ItemComboPreviews.lsx shows 10 possible combinations with Joshua Spice, for the 10 weapon categories. You may need to drag the Josh onto the weapon (not the other way around), some of these recipes seem to be reversible while others are not - the syntax in the script doesn't make it clear.

Here's an example of one of the recipes in raw format:

Code
            <node id="Combo">
                <attribute id="Object1" value="LOOT_Pouch_JoshuaSpice" type="22" />
                <attribute id="Category2" value="Axe" type="22" />
                <attribute id="RequiredSkillLevel" value="2" type="4" />
                <attribute id="Icon" value="Object2" type="22" />
                <attribute id="Tooltip" value="Boosted [1]" type="28" />
                <attribute id="CraftAmount" value="7" type="4" />
            </node>

F
stranger
stranger
F
Originally Posted by unuroboros
I have several questions.
Joshua's spice - any idea what for?

Combine it with a weapon.

Doesn't work. Simply no result or craft messages while doing it.

journeyman
journeyman
Sorry if this was listed in the preceding pages. I scanned through quickly to find an answer but to no avail so I am forced to ask: I'm in Hiberheim and my chars are clearly freezing. On the Steam forum someone mentioned crafting snow boots but did not give a recipe. Is there one? Are their recipes for other gear that will keep out the cold too?

Again sorry if this has been asked or listed before. I did go through the pages before asking but I may have missed the answer.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by Tombeatster
Sorry if this was listed in the preceding pages. I scanned through quickly to find an answer but to no avail so I am forced to ask: I'm in Hiberheim and my chars are clearly freezing. On the Steam forum someone mentioned crafting snow boots but did not give a recipe. Is there one? Are their recipes for other gear that will keep out the cold too?

Again sorry if this has been asked or listed before. I did go through the pages before asking but I may have missed the answer.

You will probably be better off viewing and checking in the new thread, its far more up to date than this one now.

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=511613#Post511613

To prevent the freezing you would be best buffing your gear with cold reset and using spells such as immunity to freezing, check out the >>>>> Enchanting Equipment <<<<< section of refer thread for various recipes for this.

Also a neat recipe which will help your chars from falling over on ice
[CR X] + Immunity to Falling/Slippery | Any Footwear + Nine Inch Nails

Also in the refer thread under same section.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Angry Dave

You will probably be better off viewing and checking in the new thread, its far more up to date than this one now.

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=511613#Post511613

To prevent the freezing you would be best buffing your gear with cold reset, check out the >>>>> Enchanting Equipment <<<<< section of refer thread for various recipes for this.

Also a neat recipe which will help your chars from falling over on ice
[CR X] + Immunity to Falling/Slippery | Any Footwear + Nine Inch Nails

Also in the refer thread under same section.

Thanks! I'll try that!

C
stranger
stranger
C
Is there any point in leveling crafting or blacksmithing past 5 (with items)? It looks like everything is tied to your character's level and not the ability.

P
P
No need to go past 5.

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
where can I farm augmentor herb?

Or is there another way to craft high level potions than making the small ones first?

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard