Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
kain30 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
hi!, what the title said, iï½´ve been stuck in the door puzzle of the source temple (almost end of the game, i think) for 4 hours, and itï½´s starting to be frustrating. can someone help me?

stranger
stranger
I assume you managed to enter the central room with the three statues of self-awareness?

Anyway, I was stuck on it last night for 2 hours. Here goes:

1) stand on the floor button in front of the huge head. As you step off it the door on the right should open. Go there and stand on the next floor button to open the door on the left and enter the next chamber. Don't stand on the floor button here because it releases a cloud of gas (if you do, use the dragon head to disable it). Instead, look for a wall button to open the next door (at least I think there was a button there). From there go on the broken bridge and toss a pyramid over the gap. Teleport to it and open the wooden door behind some rubble, which should unlock a teleport point. Teleport there (Source temple vault) and destroy the correct statue. If you destroy the wrong one, you will be teleported back to the beginning of the temple.

2) Toss a pyramid into the treasury on the left and teleport to it. Go through the mirror and pick up the Earth key. Teleport to central room and go up the stairs a bit until you're between two doors. There will be a wall button to the left of the door on the right. Press it and go down the left corridor (Perception test may be needed; if you don't discover it, you can probably toss a pyramid into the room on the right from the north and use a floor switch to open the doors; this will require you to leave a character standing on the switch until you open the Earth door - more pyramid teleporting). Open the Earth door with a key and proceed down the gauntlet to the next room with statues. Destroy the correct statue and pick the Air key. Teleport back to the central room.

3) Stand on the floor switch in front of the huge head again, go right, leave a pyramid here. Stand on the floor switch there, go left to the room with poison trap. Stand on the floor switch in the poison room, then teleport to the pyramid. The door leading to the Air door should be open. Proceed forward through the Air door and a corridor to reach the hatch maze. Go through the hatches until you end up in the centre of the maze with a room behind a portcullis on the left. Toss a pyramid through, teleport, discover a switch on the wall (need Perception test). Press the switch to reveal a passage south. Go through the hatch there and destroy the correct statue. Teleport to the central room and all three statues of self awareness should be lit up with books in front of them. The books tell you how to do the candle puzzle.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Poganin; 07/07/14 01:32 PM.
F
stranger
stranger
F
I can't find hide nor hair of this floor button in front of the head. We're talking about the same head, right? Just before the stone bridge, with the wolves?

K
kain30 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
thank you!! it helped a lot!! smile

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by FalsePrism
I can't find hide nor hair of this floor button in front of the head. We're talking about the same head, right? Just before the stone bridge, with the wolves?

That's Temple of the Dead, a different dungeon.

F
stranger
stranger
F
Oh yeah, duuuh. Jumped to conclusion, didn't check the title.

Still, while I'm here.. Any tips on that?

stranger
stranger
Not sure what exactly your problem in the Temple of the Dead is. The stone bridge there is raised by clicking a skull on top of a pile to the left of it. If you speak to the people imprisoned in trees in Phantom Forest, they will give you some hints regarding the Temple.

F
stranger
stranger
F
Well, at the stone bridge, there's this big head. And beyond that, the rest of the map. the only other offshoots are a small area with lab notes regarding how to raise perception, and the other leads to a big alchemy room with an ingredients vendor. And of course the end of the level with the blood stone.

I assume the whole thing involves having high perception, but my crafting is at 3 and isn't high enough to make the perception potion (eye+flask+augmentor). Perception is at 11 though so I don't see how it should be such a big problem. Anyway, tl;dr dunno how to get past the skull.

Last edited by FalsePrism; 07/07/14 02:07 PM.
A
apprentice
apprentice
A
Lava traps are so ridiculous with + 100% fire resistance laugh

edit: ok thx to this thread i was able to beat the riddle. The only step i totally stuck was the part with the wodden door behind the crushed rocks... the rest was normal doable...but srsly, in the whole game you never had to open a door through stuff to get a waypoint...and now this, sometimes they overdrive with their riddlepassoin smile

Last edited by Actionhanz; 07/07/14 10:22 PM.
D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Originally Posted by Poganin
Open the Earth door with a key and proceed down the gauntlet to the next room with statues. Destroy the correct statue and pick the Air key.

Great post, thanks a lot. For the quoted part, there's a door blocking me before I get to those statues (right after the two sentry statues). How do I open that door? There's a pressure plate in front of it but when I step and and off it it clicks but the door remains closed.

Thanks

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Poganin
I assume you managed to enter the central room with the three statues of self-awareness?

Anyway, I was stuck on it last night for 2 hours. Here goes:

1) stand on the floor button in front of the huge head. As you step off it the door on the right should open. Go there and stand on the next floor button to open the door on the left and enter the next chamber. Don't stand on the floor button here because it releases a cloud of gas (if you do, use the dragon head to disable it). Instead, look for a wall button to open the next door (at least I think there was a button there). From there go on the broken bridge and toss a pyramid over the gap. Teleport to it and open the wooden door behind some rubble, which should unlock a teleport point. Teleport there (Source temple vault) and destroy the correct statue. If you destroy the wrong one, you will be teleported back to the beginning of the temple.

2) Toss a pyramid into the treasury on the left and teleport to it. Go through the mirror and pick up the Earth key. Teleport to central room and go up the stairs a bit until you're between two doors. There will be a wall button to the left of the door on the right. Press it and go down the left corridor (Perception test may be needed; if you don't discover it, you can probably toss a pyramid into the room on the right from the north and use a floor switch to open the doors; this will require you to leave a character standing on the switch until you open the Earth door - more pyramid teleporting). Open the Earth door with a key and proceed down the gauntlet to the next room with statues. Destroy the correct statue and pick the Air key. Teleport back to the central room.

3) Stand on the floor switch in front of the huge head again, go right, leave a pyramid here. Stand on the floor switch there, go left to the room with poison trap. Stand on the floor switch in the poison room, then teleport to the pyramid. The door leading to the Air door should be open. Proceed forward through the Air door and a corridor to reach the hatch maze. Go through the hatches until you end up in the centre of the maze with a room behind a portcullis on the left. Toss a pyramid through, teleport, discover a switch on the wall (need Perception test). Press the switch to reveal a passage south. Go through the hatch there and destroy the correct statue. Teleport to the central room and all three statues of self awareness should be lit up with books in front of them. The books tell you how to do the candle puzzle.

Hope this helps.

Hm, how do you know which is the correct statue? They are both identical. I can also destroy both without being teleported back to the entrance. No matter what I do there appears no book at the tables in the central room...

I begin to think that this is bugged. frown

Edit: It works now after I reloaded the whole level from a previous savegame. But the statues were definitely bugged with the other savegame...

Last edited by LordCrash; 13/07/14 02:14 PM.

WOOS
J
stranger
stranger
J
How the devil do you "toss" a pyramid through a wall/gates?

Whoops, done it but now can't find the button between the 2 heads up the stairs, lol.

Last edited by johnrxx99; 16/07/14 02:55 AM.
J
stranger
stranger
J
Several hours on I realise it's all about perception.

Mine is 12 and with a large potion 15 but still can't reveal the switch in the central room, through the grill, the third Self-awareness statute puzzle. It had a chest in it which I couldn't lockpick so I bashed it and nothing was inside. Was that a bad move?

Last edited by johnrxx99; 16/07/14 05:25 AM.
V
apprentice
apprentice
V
One way to easily get through the hatch maze is by tossing a pyramid up on the highground right next to the middle chamber on the far right side.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
What is up with the candles riddle. I have the two first phases but the last with 3 candles only does not work. I destroyed all the right statues and collected all books so I am confused.

Edit:

Found it, I was doing the sequence in the wrong order.

First all but the one in the middle
Then the one in the middle only
FInally 3 only

Last edited by Deste; 17/07/14 02:50 PM.
A
apprentice
apprentice
A
Ok how do you open the door to the air key statues? Can't get past.

There's a 'pit' between two sentinels, it says there must be a way to disarm it, if that's related. No idea.

No one ever mentions the door blocking the path to those statues past the 2 sentinels, so I'm not sure if my game is borked or what.

Last edited by Adam_Nox; 18/07/14 05:48 AM.
V
apprentice
apprentice
V
Use invisibility and run past them and stand on the pressure plate to open the door. Simple as that.

L
L
Cast Dead Knight Ban (or something) and just destroy them. Simple as that.

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
Originally Posted by ViruZz
Use invisibility and run past them and stand on the pressure plate to open the door. Simple as that.

My door wouldn't open when standing on the pressure plate.

I got lucky and was able to glitch throw a pyramid on the left side of the door.

It seems weird that they'd just put 1 pressure plate to open a door right in front of you, I wonder if we are all missing a piece to that, like if other plates need to be pressed too.

Oh well, I'm done now.

V
apprentice
apprentice
V
did u use a companion or one of your main characters? Somehow the door would t open for me when i used a companion but once one of my main characters stepped on the pressure plate it opened just fine

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard