stranger
stranger
I'm on a 64 bit Win 7 with direct x version 11 and its doing the same thing

B
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
B
This is a great game. Amazing old school Baldurs Gate quality. I'll be honest...I turned off autos ave just to play knowing I'd lose all progress just to play until I died or got tired. Looking forward to the save bug fix ASAP. Please keep us posted!

Thank you! Haven't had this much fun since Skyrim

stranger
stranger
So... Last night, my crash on load problem suddenly stopped.

I'm not sure what happened. The only thing I did differently was create a new save (up until then I just overwrote the saves I already made).

I didn't load that new save - I overwrote another some minutes later and loaded that, whereupon the game crashed as usual. After that I overwrote another, loaded it after a while and... It... I don't know, it just... it actually *loaded*.

I had to take a deep breath at that point.

After that everything seems to work normally again; saving, loading, gnashing my teeth at Jahan instead of the umpteenth crash.

Strange though, I didn't do anything different except creating a new save, and I don't see how that might have influenced anything (seeing as to I didn't even touched it since).
I wondered if Larian had send some ninja patch, but that would be hard to do since I was playing the whole time (except for that one crash before it stopped).
Maybe it had something to do with the point in the campaign I've progressed to? The area?

8/

Homo homini lupus est
B
stranger
stranger
B
I had been having the "infinite save" bug happening, and found a solution over on the Steam forum's that worked, and may for you if you're using a 32-bit system.

My System:
Windows 7 32-bit
AMD Phenom II X2 955 3.2GHz
8GB Ram (2.92GB usable)
AMD Radeon HD 6800

Steps 1 and 2 below worked for me. I didn't try them separately, but my feeling is this is a memory issue. I set memory at what the instructions say, not 3008.

I found that increasing the maximum allocated memory windows allows for applications drastically reduced the number of crashes I'm having and helps speed up the save and loading although it still slow compared to 64bit machines.

NOTE: ONLY FOR 32bit Windows versions with 4GB+ Ram installed on the machine.

STEP 1: Allocate more memory

Follow the instructions here:
http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=477192&an=
(I set mine to 3008, DO NOT set any higher than 3096)

To RESET the windows to default values here is the command:
bcdedit /deletevalue IncreaseUserVa
(http://windows7themes.net/en-us/32-...increase-ram-used-by-single-application/)

STEP 2: Create a shortcut with administrator privileges

In Steam go to Library, right click Divinity original Sin -> Properties -> Local Files -> Browse Local Files -> Go to "Shipping" -> Right Click EoCApp.exe and create a desktop shortcut.

Then right click the new shortcut -> properties -> Compatibility -> TICK "Run this program as an administrator".

Run the game from this shortcut instead of the one steam created for you.

STEP 3: If your game is still slow or crashes:
From the game settings, remove shadows, put Antialiasing to trilinear and lower any other settings until your game runs smoothly.

THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND:
Make sure you are running a command prompt AS AN ADMINISTRATOR when assigning or reseting the memory value.
For the change to take effect you need to restart your machine.
Before playing the game each time, close as many programs as possible.
Make sure to reset the values once you will no longer play the game or if you are having problems with other programs crashing. (Just note it somewhere to remember to change it in the future)

Last edited by Boston; 07/07/14 01:30 AM.
X
stranger
stranger
X
The game is still crashing. Is this problem going to be addressed soon?! :0

R
RtM Offline
R
Although the frequency is less its still such a huge bug. Just now I finished a fantastic battle that took about 15 mins. Went to quick save it and it just froze on the saving screen. Crashed. Tried continue in hopes it still saved. NOPE. Have to do it all over again. I love the game but even I dont want to play the same parts over and over.

PLEASE FIX

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Boston
I had been having the "infinite save" bug happening, and found a solution over on the Steam forum's that worked, and may for you if you're using a 32-bit system.

My System:
Windows 7 32-bit
AMD Phenom II X2 955 3.2GHz
8GB Ram (2.92GB usable)
AMD Radeon HD 6800

Steps 1 and 2 below worked for me. I didn't try them separately, but my feeling is this is a memory issue. I set memory at what the instructions say, not 3008.

I found that increasing the maximum allocated memory windows allows for applications drastically reduced the number of crashes I'm having and helps speed up the save and loading although it still slow compared to 64bit machines.

NOTE: ONLY FOR 32bit Windows versions with 4GB+ Ram installed on the machine.

STEP 1: Allocate more memory

Follow the instructions here:
http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=477192&an=
(I set mine to 3008, DO NOT set any higher than 3096)

To RESET the windows to default values here is the command:
bcdedit /deletevalue IncreaseUserVa
(http://windows7themes.net/en-us/32-...increase-ram-used-by-single-application/)

STEP 2: Create a shortcut with administrator privileges

In Steam go to Library, right click Divinity original Sin -> Properties -> Local Files -> Browse Local Files -> Go to "Shipping" -> Right Click EoCApp.exe and create a desktop shortcut.

Then right click the new shortcut -> properties -> Compatibility -> TICK "Run this program as an administrator".

Run the game from this shortcut instead of the one steam created for you.

STEP 3: If your game is still slow or crashes:
From the game settings, remove shadows, put Antialiasing to trilinear and lower any other settings until your game runs smoothly.

THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND:
Make sure you are running a command prompt AS AN ADMINISTRATOR when assigning or reseting the memory value.
For the change to take effect you need to restart your machine.
Before playing the game each time, close as many programs as possible.
Make sure to reset the values once you will no longer play the game or if you are having problems with other programs crashing. (Just note it somewhere to remember to change it in the future)

Thank you! It really helped.

B
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
B
this didn't work for me. Not sure if its because i'm running a 64 bit system.

any ideas?

Hi,

Could you send us a report.zip from our support tool?
It can be found here: http://www.larian.com/OriginalSinAlpha/AnalysisTool_DOS.exe
Simply run the tool and click generate report, then send this to supportdos@larian.com with a small description.

Thank you

B
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
B
I did that already. Sent it on Thursday. Does it matter if it was for an older version? I have also been emailing with a Octaaf Fieremans, I emailed him the "Windows Log" of my eocapp error log.

old hand
old hand
This is my first time noticing this issue. Unfortunately there are no debug reports going in like there was on the beta to help with this problem.

My first crash was when trying to save in the Black Cove cave just past the Orcs outside of Cyseal.

Last edited by LightningLockey; 07/07/14 04:38 PM.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
R
RtM Offline
R
Originally Posted by Issh
Hi,

Could you send us a report.zip from our support tool?
It can be found here: http://www.larian.com/OriginalSinAlpha/AnalysisTool_DOS.exe
Simply run the tool and click generate report, then send this to supportdos@larian.com with a small description.

Thank you

Do I do this AFTER a crash or at any time?

S
stranger
stranger
S
Same issue. I can enter game save data (save name) but after clicking on save, the save process crashes the game back to Steam sceen. Running i5 2.5ghz duo. w 4GB memory.

Can't seem to find any Larian local files under My Docs???

B
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
B
newest Steam update doesn't fix the crash at save still. Are you still working on that issue? Is it an issue with Steam?

stranger
stranger
Sent a report and some comments to support.

On starting new game (after this Monday's patch) and immediately saving the game - worked, but after a few minutes of looting shells on the beach and trying to save again - ended in an infinite loop. I think they still work on the fix (obviously), cause newest patch does not list this issue as fixed.

B
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
B
is everyone who has this issue using Steam? just curious if saving to the "cloud" has something to do with it?

stranger
stranger
I'm using steam. But I doubt it, cause if issue was with that, then saves would never work. But they work sometimes - at start of a new game, as an example.

R
RtM Offline
R
I'm not sure I've had a crash on a save since the update today. Still I find myself celebrating every time the game doesn't crash on a save lol

R
RtM Offline
R
Never mind. It just did a never ending quick save screen. Wheel turning, music going... frown

S
stranger
stranger
S
yes, using steam.

interestingly, as opposed to other Steam games I have installed, I cannot find a local game folder on My Docs....?

Last edited by Sir Weenald; 07/07/14 09:51 PM.
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard