Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Areason Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
I really do enjoy this game but this is one of the biggest flaws for me right now - it seems stupid but this really kills immersion for me (besides the awful female armors).

Am i really the only person that dislikes running arround like a clown?

The problem seems to be that:
- Armors are way too clourfull (wouldnt be a problem with more dyes)
- Dyes seem to be the rarest items in this game?

Sorry but dyes should be way more common - it is a SP RPG afterall Customization is important and shouldnt be nearly impossible. Especialyl since i now know how rare dyes are i dont want to waste them ...

(Or am i completely wrong and there are better ways to obtain many colours later on?)
(I have played about 30 hours and am still in the first city - trying to do everything there is)

Are there any solutions like adding dyes with the editor or cheating them into the game or changing colours of items with the editor?

[Linked Image]

addict
addict
Wait, you've played 30 hours in the first city and already have your characters leveled up enough to wear that kind of armor. Not sure I'm buying that. There isn't that much experience in the first town.

But, I do agree there should be a 'Seller of Dyes' in the market and they shouldn't be so expensive either.

I never bothered with dyes yet because I'm still updating my armor after every other encounter.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Awwww so pretty laugh

What's wrong with a little colour in your life?

Anyways for the armour if you upgrade them through crafting it will remove the dye. Doesn't help for bracers, boots and sarong tho. I do wish dyes were sold more readily

A
Areason Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Originally Posted by LeBurns
Wait, you've played 30 hours in the first city and already have your characters leveled up enough to wear that kind of armor. Not sure I'm buying that. There isn't that much experience in the first town.

But, I do agree there should be a 'Seller of Dyes' in the market and they shouldn't be so expensive either.

I never bothered with dyes yet because I'm still updating my armor after every other encounter.

Well i am Level 7 right now and just did the pirate-cave.

I simply ty to do everything talk with pretty much anyone look for secrets etc.
Not to mention the time i lost when i found the secret grave near the sheep ...

But i have to admit the game probably isnt made for that since most encounters at the moment feel way to easy while it was really hard in the beginning. (2 2-Hand warriors (Until i can respec the female companion) and 2 Mages)

Originally Posted by Songbird
Awwww so pretty laugh

What's wrong with a little colour in your life?

Anyways for the armour if you upgrade them through crafting it will remove the dye. Doesn't help for bracers, boots and sarong tho. I do wish dyes were sold more readily

Thanks for the tip but i will try that - yet i think my armor upgrading is broken?

I can upgrade swords - but when i try to upgrade armor everythign is just like when upgrading swords - no error messages etc. - yet the stats stay the same? Maybe at leas the colour changes - i will try it later.

Also i acutally like colourfull games - i even used a graphic enhancement to make it more colorful and ad more contrast - yet that doesnt mean that i want every single colour visible on my char at any given time. smile

Last edited by Areason; 07/07/14 05:35 PM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Areason

Oh, so you have left town. I'm level six now and in that cave.

I would love to be able to buy some dyes though. Having my guys in all Red armor or something would be very cool. Course again with armor being upgraded or changed all the time still kind of pointless.

A
Areason Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Originally Posted by LeBurns

Oh, so you have left town. I'm level six now and in that cave.

I would love to be able to buy some dyes though. Having my guys in all Red armor or something would be very cool. Course again with armor being upgraded or changed all the time still kind of pointless.

Yeah which is why dyes should just be cheap so you can use them whenever you want. Would really enjoy to have a somewhat good-looking armor while playing trough the game.

Ah ok i was wondering why the other guy was so baffled. Should have wrote "first map".

Last edited by Areason; 07/07/14 05:42 PM.
L
L
Want to know what's worse? Every mage robe so far till the Immaculate Village looks the same, just with different colours.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
If merchants don't restock, how are we supposed to keep our armor looking nice though?

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
I don't mind how the armor looks (though I'll certainly agree that it's a bit garish), but I do think that there should be some kind of readily accessible "tailor" or something. Someone who sells the more common dyes, and possibly some other tailoring supplies as well (cloth scraps, leather scraps, needle and thread, etc.).

It would make sense, and go a good way toward pleasing the "customization crowd".

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
I support having a dedicated dye merchant,

Or maybe add some low crafting level dye recipes.

FYI Armour upgrading doesn't necessarily mean armour rating increase . Depending on the armour type and which upgrade method you are using you could be improving durability, removing movement penalty, etc.

A
Areason Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
So it looks a bit better now - still i actually dont like white that much.

Anyhow can helmets, shoes, plate-shoes etc. even be improved - if so how?

And since i still havent found dyes - some ppl argued that vendors get new loot when the player levels up - just did level up - went back to town - nothing changed ... - so is it time-based?

Last edited by Areason; 07/07/14 09:20 PM.
M
apprentice
apprentice
M
So it looks a bit better now - still i actually dont like white that much.

Anyhow can helmets, shoes, plate-shoes etc. even be improved - if so how?

And since i still havent found dyes - some ppl argued that vendors get new loot when the player levels up - just did level up - went back to town - nothing changed ... - so is it time-based?

I have no idea. Sometimes it happens when I go somewhere else and come back, sometimes it's when I level. I'd really like a definitive answer.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
i actually dont like white that much.

no white and no colors...

Are you one of those people that only work in black and sometimes very, very dark gray? wink

A
Areason Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Well i like colours - but in moderation. (Maybe i was planning to make my Warriors dark ... smile )

Anyhow white is kind of strange looking - not to mentin strange in terms of gameplay - not exactly the perfect colour for a warrior rushing into hordes of enemies - probably stained beyond repair within minutes wink

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Just hit Level 5ish with my latest party (third and counting!), and I figured its worth mentioning that I've only found three dyes so far (four counting the Mysterious Dye I found at the End of Time). They're definitely a little TOO rare for a cosmetic vanity item, although then again they're also 375gp apiece for some reason. At the moment I'm rocking a bottle of Red Dye and two bottles of White Dye, though I'm loathe to use any of them since I know I'll be upgrading armor a lot faster than I'll be finding more dye.

H
stranger
stranger
H
I agree that it does give a clownish look somewhat .. but ironically, in a fantasy game, this is quite accurate to real life medieval warfare. Knights often wore an ensemble of colours in battle on their tabard and such to show they were important and of high standing (since dye was expensive and valuable).

Prior to the engagement of forces where blood would fly, I imagine to modern people they would look quite comical in their clownish colours smile

I
stranger
stranger
I
Maybe they will do a Kickstarter for this. You know try and scrounge an extra $50,000 out of us to add an NPC who sells dyes for like 50g.

Hell they should just do Kickstarters for everything else that should already be in the game. Maybe if we pay them another $100,000 they will add in the Dungeon under the forest that is already supposed to be there?

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Originally Posted by IMRavnos
Maybe they will do a Kickstarter for this. You know try and scrounge an extra $50,000 out of us to add an NPC who sells dyes for like 50g.

Hell they should just do Kickstarters for everything else that should already be in the game. Maybe if we pay them another $100,000 they will add in the Dungeon under the forest that is already supposed to be there?

Since Larian hasn't yet initiated asking for more funds for another kickstarter project, your insinuation that they would seems odd

Anyways, I've been finding more dyes
with Silverglen merchants such as Ellary and Mikhail

A
A
I really do enjoy this game but this is one of the biggest flaws for me right now - it seems stupid but this really kills immersion for me (besides the awful female armors).

Am i really the only person that dislikes running arround like a clown?

The problem seems to be that:
- Armors are way too clourfull (wouldnt be a problem with more dyes)
- Dyes seem to be the rarest items in this game?

Sorry but dyes should be way more common - it is a SP RPG afterall Customization is important and shouldnt be nearly impossible. Especialyl since i now know how rare dyes are i dont want to waste them ...

(Or am i completely wrong and there are better ways to obtain many colours later on?)
(I have played about 30 hours and am still in the first city - trying to do everything there is)

Are there any solutions like adding dyes with the editor or cheating them into the game or changing colours of items with the editor?

[Linked Image]

Looking good to me, I like the more real look of the game.

veteran
veteran
I don't see a problem because I don't see a "red nose" :hihi:

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard