Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hello,
Running the latest version via steam and the game repeatedly crashes to windows when entering the first tutorial dungeon. Anyone else experiencing this or have a work around? I've checked the game cache, re-installed it even and its still the same. Cant save a game either. It will crash to desktop or freeze the whole system.

Windows 7
current Nvidia drivers

Thanks!

B
stranger
stranger
B
I have the same problem, same Windows & drivers, but no solution yet, sorry. I've only had the game for 3 days

Support
Support

You can disable auto saves in the options to get into the tutorial dungeon.

Do you have a 32 bit version of Windows? If so, and you have 4GB of RAM, increasing the memory available may help; see here.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Thanks, will give that a try.

B
stranger
stranger
B
That looks like it did the trick, cheers!

K
stranger
stranger
K
Game crashes when entering the tutorial dungeon. Man this is why I like consoles, none of the headaches. This is a serious bug!!!!!!!!!! Can't play for more than 3 minutes. I want my $40 back!!!!! FIX THIS BUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't understand how they can release a product with a serious error like this.

A disgruntled PC gamer

K
stranger
stranger
K
Fact is we shouldn't have to do all these tweaks to our system. We paid for the game to run out of the box.

Support
Support

Unfortunately, Larian doesn't have thousands of test systems, let alone hundreds of thousands. There is no 'the' box for PCs.

Please email supportdos@larian.com, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the D:OS support tool (for the PC version). The report will contain system and game information, any crash dumps, and your saved games (if any were at least partially written). This should help Larian determine the cause of the problem.

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard