Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
First off, I have a 770gtx and an i7 950 and 8gb ram.

I've been running the game on ultra (auto detect) since two days ago and it was running very smoothly without any problems.

Just now on my way to the lighthouse (early in the game) my framerates dropped drastically to 2fps during combat in the area where it's raining. Restarted the game and the PC and nothing changed. I switched to low settings and still the same. Teleported back to the city, restarted, and it's still bad.

Decided to load an older save file and the problem went away, the game ran smoothly again at 60fps. However, once I got to the same areas just north of Cyseal the FPS gradually dropping until it hit around 2fps again.

Here's a video comparing a laggy save file and an older save file where everything is fine.

http://youtu.be/PFhkhr17ix4

E
stranger
stranger
E
helo mformule,and everything those who will read this topic.
This game is realy great but ,since i have him to buy the problem is the frame per second.Whatever the parameters that i put in the game , the frame per second stil low.

I have a : AMD Radeon Hd 7670M
My display is on 1600*900 (32 bit) (60hz)
i7-3630QM
Windows 8.1 64bits
The memory is 8 Gb RAM
i hope to find some help here, because the game is very awesome.

Thank you.

Support
Support

Please email supportdos@larian.com, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the D:OS support tool (for the PC version). The report contains your saves, which may not be directly related, so if file size is an issue most can be deleted from the zip.

C
stranger
stranger
C
mformule, what is your processor? I have the same exact issue, and it is not GPU based at all. When this happens to me, GPU is at maybe 30% load, but CPU0 is pegged (or CPU1 if I disable CPU0, etc.). I have a Phenom II X4 955 BE.

M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Originally Posted by crafty35a
mformule, what is your processor? I have the same exact issue, and it is not GPU based at all. When this happens to me, GPU is at maybe 30% load, but CPU0 is pegged (or CPU1 if I disable CPU0, etc.). I have a Phenom II X4 955 BE.

It's an i7 950
[Linked Image]

M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Originally Posted by Raze

Please email supportdos@larian.com, with a description of the problem and the report.zip file generated by the D:OS support tool (for the PC version). The report contains your saves, which may not be directly related, so if file size is an issue most can be deleted from the zip.

Thank you, I sent the email including 2 save files, one laggy and one is fine.

Last edited by mformule; 07/07/14 12:45 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S

I'm having the same issue on an i5 2500k and GTX 680. Was running fine for ~20 hours at a steady 60fps.

After saving Wulfram I went back to explore the house I found him in and noticed the framerate was dropping. I saved, quit, started Fraps and reloaded. Fraps reported the fps as 25 which was lower than I'd ever seen. As I continued to play that file, the fps dropped to 12, and then to 8.

And that framerate 'sticks' in the save, meaning wherever you go it persists, in small underground areas, in the city, in the pocket plane - everywhere. Flipping graphics options on and off doesn't fix anything. I'd been running the game V-Synced and Triple Buffered through D3D Overrider and I shut that down and loaded without it, didn't see any difference, just screen tearing with sub 15 fps.

Backing up to earlier saves restores the fps to 60, and I'm going to try and continue from an earlier point to see if the problem reoccurs.

I've emailed support with a .zip containing two saves, one with an afflicted fps and the other without, just like mformule.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Update: backing up to a file before the fps drops occurred allowed me to progress to the point where the fps started dropping without issue.

I'm now in the area where my fps had previously tanked to 12, but am at a full stable 60.

So for the moment I'll be saving even more frequently so I can reload if the fps problem resurfaces.

M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Originally Posted by Szoreny

I'm having the same issue on an i5 2500k and GTX 680. Was running fine for ~20 hours at a steady 60fps.

After saving Wulfram I went back to explore the house I found him in and noticed the framerate was dropping. I saved, quit, started Fraps and reloaded. Fraps reported the fps as 25 which was lower than I'd ever seen. As I continued to play that file, the fps dropped to 12, and then to 8.

And that framerate 'sticks' in the save, meaning wherever you go it persists, in small underground areas, in the city, in the pocket plane - everywhere. Flipping graphics options on and off doesn't fix anything. I'd been running the game V-Synced and Triple Buffered through D3D Overrider and I shut that down and loaded without it, didn't see any difference, just screen tearing with sub 15 fps.

Backing up to earlier saves restores the fps to 60, and I'm going to try and continue from an earlier point to see if the problem reoccurs.

I've emailed support with a .zip containing two saves, one with an afflicted fps and the other without, just like mformule.

That is the exact problem I'm facing, except the problem reoccurred at the same location.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Update: backing up to a file before the fps drops occurred allowed me to progress to the point where the fps started dropping without issue.

That worked for me in the past, but now I'm hitting a particular fight that seems to slow me down every time.

S
stranger
stranger
S

That worked for me in the past, but now I'm hitting a particular fight that seems to slow me down every time.

Ah great, - something for me to look forward to then.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Has anyone who submitted bugged savegames received a response from Larian? It would be good to know they are at least aware of this issue.

stranger
stranger
Strangely enough, I only saw major framerate drops during combat even when nothing was happening (I only started noticing them in the Dark Forest, but it may have started happening earlier). It's like exploration is at 60 fps (with v-sync) but the moment combat starts the framerate drops.

M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Has anyone who submitted bugged savegames received a response from Larian? It would be good to know they are at least aware of this issue.

Sent save files two days ago, no response yet.

The person at the other end might not have responded but rest assured we are looking into this.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Poganin
Strangely enough, I only saw major framerate drops during combat even when nothing was happening (I only started noticing them in the Dark Forest, but it may have started happening earlier). It's like exploration is at 60 fps (with v-sync) but the moment combat starts the framerate drops.

Yeah combat mode does seem more demanding, I'll go from 60 into the 50's when combat starts up.

But our problem is that we've experienced that lower rate persisting after combat and actually getting progressively lower afterwards and getting tied into the save somehow, almost as if there's some errant loop jamming up the cpu or gpu.

I'm happy to report I've yet to see the issue reoccur several hours after backing up to a clean save but I'm ever watchful, - the issue is out there.

Last edited by Szoreny; 08/07/14 04:49 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S

Tool doesn't let me generate a report. ("Can't find AocApp.exe")

S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by SinnerTo

Tool doesn't let me generate a report. ("Can't find AocApp.exe")

Even after you point it toward your install directoy?

B
stranger
stranger
B
I have the same problem just staring at the character creation screen.

Support
Support

If the support tool doesn't detect the install path you need to point it at the '..\SteamApps\common\Divinity - Original Sin' install folder (similarly for the GOG version). It automatically adds the '\Shipping\EoCApp.exe' part of the path to the program file, even if you browse to the shipping folder.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard