Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
old hand
old hand
Thanks for the guide, well written!

Also don't forget to include the following:

Boosted Armor (removes movement penalty, AC remains the same)
Metal Plate + Anvil
Chain Armor + Anvil
Metal Shields + Anvil (bugged now, no bonus applied)

Boosted Weapons (adds +10 melee and elemental damage)
Swords + Wetstone
Axes + Wetstone
Spears/Pole-arms + Wetstone
Daggers + Anvil

I haven't found a way to enhance following:
Hammers
Clubs
Helmets (metal/leather/cloth)
Leather Armor
Robes
Jewlery

Last edited by LightningLockey; 08/07/14 04:38 AM.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
A
apprentice
apprentice
A
Adding elemental dmg with Essences only requires 4 Crafting not 5. Tenebrium however needs 5. Im pretty sure, just realized it because i only have crafting on 4 and use bracers with +1 if i need it. I made the elemental dmg without bracers.

gamelanguage is updating, gonna check it then

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Apok.pt
Some one find out how to craft Smokescreen Arrowhead please! I have tried so many combos.

I see the recipe for the arrowhead + shaft in ItemCombos.txt, but nothing that yields the arrowhead itself. Maybe oversight, maybe not meant to be crafted. :\

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Ok done updating for now until some new recipes are found.

Please let me know if you spot any mistakes as most of this was updated when sleep deprived and could easily be a few!

journeyman
journeyman
water, fire, arrowheads?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Great work!
Most iron weapons can be forged back into (large) iron bars when combined with the forge.

Could you maybe add some kind of Crafting FAQ to the first post?

How do I craft stuff?
There are no "crafting stations", so if the recipe doesn't require something like an anvil/forge you can just combine the components in your inventory by dragging them together.
The first forge can be found in Cyseal near the Abandoned House.

How do I craft recipes involving 2 stackable items?
If you want to make a large iron bar out of 2 iron bars, but only have a big stack of them instead of multiple individual items, you have to split the pile first. To do so hold the SHIFT key and drag the pile to an empty slot in your inventory. When you combine the piles again, you can select whether you want to craft or stack the items and how many of them you want to create.

How do I unlock recipes?
It is not necessary to unlock the recipes, but some of them require a certain level of crafting / blacksmithing.

What do the books with recipes do?
The recipes are typically described there with some kind of back story. After one of your chars has read the book the text of the whole book will be permanently listed in the recipe tab (click on the note symbol next to the minimap) and stay there even if you sell the book afterwards.

Help! It doesn't work!!!
The inventory management can be a bit annoying, so make sure that you have actually selected your crafter after moving components around from inventory to inventory.
If your crafting/blacksmithing level is not high enough, a message is going to appear over the head of the crafter, so make sure that this isn't being blocked by something like the inventory screen.
If everything seems to fail try one of the simple recipes like the food stuff (Pizza Sauce = Tomato + Hammer) to make sure that you are doing it right.

Which kind of items can boost my crafting / blacksmithing skills?
So far the boni tend to exclusively show up on bracers and belts. Maybe some high level items or uniques can improve these skills as well, but I wouldn't count on it.

Does my level or skill level affect the items?
The quality of some items seems to scale with your level and how many skillpoints you have in crafting / blacksmithing. The crafted items that are not consumable have the same level as your crafter. This does not affect the attribute / skill / resistance boni of crated items, but only their damage + defense rating as well as their price. Blacksmithing gives you a notable boni to the damage and defense rating of the forged items as well.

Do I have to make one of my main chars a crafter or are there any companions that can craft well?
Nope, unless both of your characters are using Lone Wolf. You will find a good crafter very early in the game.
His name is Jahan - he is located on the first floor of the major's house in Cyseal.

Is it worth it?
Absolutely! Even if you want to save the rare crafting materials just upgrading your weapons and armor through anvil, whetstone and the mobile kitchen gives you a significant boost. Your forged strength based melee weapons are better than most of the non-unique weapons that you can find.
You will always have gear that is your level and can't get screwed by the random loot.
Upgrading the items that you don't need or just crafted iron weapons in order to sell them is also quite profitable.
Blacksmithing allows you to repair your gear, although that is not that important as it might sound.

Through crafting you can equip your party with decent rings, amulets and belts until you find a permanent replacement for them. The attribute boni from rings, amulets and belts stay relevant till the midgame, because they can help you wear high level items, equip self-bearing items (like giving your int 5 warrior a Sarong with +1 int +15% resistance that requires 6 int). These attribute boni are especially important for chars with the Glass Cannon talent, since getting your speed to an odd number will give you +2 additional AP per turn, but at the same time you need to increase you maximum AP through constitution.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by unuroboros
Some one find out how to craft Smokescreen Arrowhead please! I have tried so many combos.

I see the recipe for the arrowhead + shaft in ItemCombos.txt, but nothing that yields the arrowhead itself. Maybe oversight, maybe not meant to be crafted. :\

I am starting to think it cannot be crafted either, same goes for the Water Arrow. Add them to the list with a red message saying: Can't be Crafted (yet)

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by unuroboros

I am starting to think it cannot be crafted either, same goes for the Water Arrow. Add them to the list with a red message saying: Can't be Crafted (yet)

Agreed, I have been trying to find out these recipes but so far have had no luck, Have added Fire, Water and Smokescreen to list but with a message no know recipe at this time.

Originally Posted by eidolon

Great work!
Most iron weapons can be forged back into (large) iron bars when combined with the forge.

Could you maybe add some kind of Crafting FAQ to the first post?

Awesome idea, In fact I like your FAQ so much that I added that to the top post!

stranger
stranger
What about updating this nice Wiki? smile

http://divinity.gamepedia.com/Crafting#Special

Note: I am not affiliated with that website in anyway, just thought it's a nice way to browse through the recipes.

F
stranger
stranger
F
Originally Posted by LightningLockey

I haven't found a way to enhance following:
Hammers
Clubs
Helmets (metal/leather/cloth)
Leather Armor
Robes
Jewlery

Blunt weapons are enhancing with Moonstone.

Leather armor with mobile kitchen and leather armor scraps i think.

Last edited by Furyz; 08/07/14 01:05 PM.
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Updated by adding the stats you get from the various food recipes, corrected a few more formatting issues and spelling errors.

What about updating this nice Wiki? smile

http://divinity.gamepedia.com/Crafting#Special

Note: I am not affiliated with that website in anyway, just thought it's a nice way to browse through the recipes.

It might be the next step, I think we are getting close to all recipes that are current in game now and their effects. There are still a few more things to flesh out and confirm however.

F
stranger
stranger
F
One of the crafting books mention improved iron ore, anyone know how to make it? The description kinda weird.

veteran
veteran
Elemental essence armour boosting:

Magical/rare/legendary metal armour: +25% resistancy
Magical/rare/legendary leather armour: +25% resistancy
Magical/rare/legendary metal helmet: +25% resistancy
Magical/rare/legendary leather cap: +15% resistancy
Magical/rare/legendary robes: +20% resistancy
Magical/rare/legendary belt: +25% resistancy
Magical/rare/legendary sarong: +15/25% resistancy (varies)

If a magical/rare/legendy already features an elemental resistancy it can be further boosted with a value based on the numbers above -5%.

Example:
A legendary metal armour that already features +15% fire resistancy can be boosted with a fire essence up to +35% (+20% = +25% usual increase per essence -5% reduction of already existing resistancy).

Last edited by LordCrash; 08/07/14 02:32 PM.

WOOS
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by LordCrash

The boosts from the essences (and all boosts) are based of a combination of level and skill, this is why I have not put in raw numbers for them

But yes its great that you can stuck further resistances on items that already have them for a massive boost, good way to max them out!

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Angry Dave
Originally Posted by LordCrash

The boosts from the essences (and all boosts) are based of a combination of level and skill, this is why I have not put in raw numbers for them

Hm, I'm not so sure about that...

Boosting a metal armour gave me the same results on level 17 as on level 15. Boosting the same armour with [CR 4] gave me the same results as with [CR 5] as well...

Last edited by LordCrash; 08/07/14 02:56 PM.

WOOS
P
P
Skill doesn't actually apply as far as I can determine. Instead you have 2 recipes for the same thing, but for different CR/BR. Perhaps the recipe gives a different boost.

However, once you begin crafting the level of the player may be taken into account. I've yet to determine how/when the shift between boost levels occurs (10% vs. 20%).

T
stranger
stranger
T
Originally Posted by Furyz
One of the crafting books mention improved iron ore, anyone know how to make it? The description kinda weird.

Yep, it's the Steel Bar, Iron Bar plus Furnace? Pretty sure it's referring to that recipe.

Last edited by Tracat; 08/07/14 04:37 PM.
F
stranger
stranger
F
Originally Posted by Tracat
Originally Posted by Furyz

Yep, it's the Steel Bar, Iron Bar plus Furnace? Pretty sure it's referring to that recipe.

Probably, but recipe says about ore, not bar. and that tome after one with steel. I think it's about steel too now.

Thanks for maintaining these lists! Very useful.

I found some mistakes while creating potions.

[CR 0 -> 1] Empty Potion Bottles | Fire Resistance Potion + Water Resistance Potion
[CR 0 -> 1] Empty Potion Bottles | Air Resistance Potion + Earth Resistance Potion

I needed CR 1 to craft these potions. Also, both potions had to be of the same strength. At least I verified that mixing a 30% strength potion with a 15% strength potion did not work. 2 15% strength potions worked just fine. Basically, it worked with two minor potions. I have not tested if it works with two medium or strong potions.

[CR 1 -> 2] Potion (Small Healing) | Empty Potion Bottle + Penny Bun Mushroom

I needed CR 2 to create the Medium Healing Potion (and CR 3 to create the Large Healing Potion).

Here is a new one that is not in the list. It is specified in Fun With Fluids VI. It gives Constitution: +1.

[CR 2] Minor Constitution Potion | Farhangite + Empty Potion Bottle

[CR 2] Potion (Debuff STR -> CON) | Poison Potion + Bone Dust
[CR 2] Potion (Debuff CON -> STR) | Poison Potion + Tooth

These two are mixed up. Bone Dust gives Debuff Constitution Potion and Tooth gives Debuff Strength Potion.

[CR 4 -> 3] Potion (Telekinesis) | Minor Resist All + Drudanae Plant

I needed only CR 3 to craft this one.

[CR 5 -> 3+] Potion level up | Augmentor + Any Potion (Small to Medium to Large)

I needed only CR 3 to upgrade most of the minor potions. I could upgrade some medium potions at CR 4.

[CR X -> 0] Filter of the Fearless Imp | Apple + Pumpkin

I could create this potion with a PC with CR 0.

Lastly, I think you need a recipe for these potions:

[CR X] Potion (Reason) | Small Healing + Stardust plant
[CR X] Potion (Intimidation) | Farhangite + Minor healing potion
[CR X] Potion (Losing) | Fly Agaric Mushroom + Minor healing potion
[CR 5] Potion (STR) | Empty Potion Bottle + Bone Dust
[CR 5] Potion (DEX) | Empty Potion Bottle + Sinew
[CR 5] Potion (INT) | Empty Potion Bottle + Tormented Soul
[CR 5] Potion (CON) | Empty Potion Bottle + Tooth
[CR 5] Potion (SPD) | Empty Potion Bottle + Void Essence
[CR 5] Potion (PER) | Empty Potion Bottle + Eye

The reason is that when I tried these I got no message that my crafting level was too low (I am currently at Crafting Level 4), except when I tried to put an Eye into an empty potion bottle. In that case I got the message that my crafting level was too low. I have the recipe " Fun With Fluids VII" that describes this potion, but none of the other recipes.

veteran
veteran
[CR X] Arrowhead (Freezing) | No recipe found or unable to craft at this time

Is missing in the list.

WOOS
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard