Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
So basically, after re-specing I lost two unique spells that I haven't found anywhere else.

How can I add a chest with items into the game?

I tried loading a level and clicked on items, but whem I selected chests, all it did was highlight chests already placed on the map, if that makes sense.

I can't figure out how to place new ones. A guide would be much appreciated smile

stranger
stranger
Heh... Welcome to the party.

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=509920#Post509920

So from what I can gather. When you place a chest, it's SideBar inventory properties will have a random drop loot tied to a chest. These can differ depending on the chest.

So far My question is unanswered and I yet don't know how to place items into chests. All we would need is a library with this type of info or even better is a drop down to select all items. I bet it would have something to do with scripts or something more advanced than I.

As an example for chest "FUR_Chest_A" its inventory will be filled with random vendor junk, as its Inventory is set to RewardSmall;

Last edited by ToadStoned; 07/07/14 11:42 PM.
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
I don't believe you can add new items into the main campaign, without the developer rights. But i could be wrong haven't tried it.

stranger
stranger
And if you did, then what would we be looking for?

S
stranger
stranger
S
If you unpack the Main.pak you will find TreasureTable.xslm (under .../Main/Public/Stats was it if I remember correctly) where every possible loottables are defined for chests etc.
But atm I don't know how to repack the Main.pak after changing this file >.<

stranger
stranger
Ah this is excellent info, thank you.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
I made a post about this in a similar thread but just incase.

Ok after playing around giving a character clothes is just sidebar - visual (to change appearance within presets).

Giving them equipment you would need to learn the names and keywords of specific items like if you want him to have the axe that braccus uses you would change Equipment to 'Undead_Braccus'.

If you wanted to give something spells then you would edit the script for the character. Adding things like.

- SKILL_Projectile_EnemyStorm
- SKILL_Projectile_EnemyQuake_EarthQuake

or even giving it the choice to self destruct with the script SuicideBomber

Treasure if you wanted to modify the loot could be something like MiniBoss;Undead_Bracus;
(That will make it drop Miniboss loot + Undead Braccus axe + MegaBoss Loot)

You can find the names of the items you want a container to carry in the TreasureTable.xlsm which are editable and you can change what each directory will contain item wise.

Another example - the crate just before the fight on the beach with the Orcs at the story always contains a sword + bow right? The crates loot is set to CYS_Level2Crate. Which = Sword, Bow

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I hope this helps.

Link Copied to Clipboard