Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#510968 06/07/14 10:07 PM
LeBurns Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Dang it seems like I've been level 5 forever! The experience bar is moving ... it's just moving VERY slowly. All the mobs I find now are level 6 through 8 and kick my butt.

I can't even imagine how long I'll be stuck at level 6 ... or 7. I am really beginning to think that they really screwed up the leveling in this game.

Where can I find some more experience?

Is there a console cheat code to add experience to my character?

Thanks!

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
There are no known cheats, if you find yourself short on xp see if there are any side quests or areas you've missed. Where you go is pretty open so if one area is too hard there's likely another more your level.

As far as levelling goes, I'm level 17 now and have found it pretty much spot on the whole time. Sometimes I'd enter an area a couple of levels above me, but then later I'd find one I'd missed that was now a level below me.

LeBurns Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Well, I've been circling around the whole area and just being stopped when I hit an area where the mobs mop the floor with me. I'd love to find more to do in town but I've talked to everyone over and over again. Heck I've even talked to all the animals.

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Hmm, from Cyseal I pretty much went towards the lighthouse and worked clockwise from there (didn't do the orc beach until level 8). If everything you encounter mops the floor with you, your party setup could probably be improved.

Last edited by DarkFenix; 06/07/14 10:33 PM.
LeBurns Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Perhaps. I've got a Ranger and Cleric and added the hentchman mage and warrior. So far it's been pretty balanced.

I could do the orcs ... if they didn't fire those crossbows that blow me to kingdom come. The king skeleton and his queen would be doable ... if he didn't summon four others into the fight. The guys walking around in the fire ... level 8 and no way. I did get the wolves finally, and the skeletons with the poison boars, and the undead pyro mage and his elementals, cleared the rainy area, etc. But I can't seem to get the rest and was wondering if there was just something I missed.

B
journeyman
journeyman
B
I have the same setup (cleric/ranger/mage/warrior) and I have found every fight doable. now I am at the L14/15 stuff I am finding it TOO easy as I am a level or two above it all.

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
As a general rule, kill mobs and complete all quests and you should not be outlevelled by mobs unless you venture into areas you are not prepared for. If you are level 5 (and not nearly 6 with just one or two enemies to go) and cannot find anything but level 6 to 8 enemies, you have almost certainly overlooked something, but what it is would be hard for us to guess. smile

This link goes to a beta-guide for Crysael that is still mostly current, so if you are desperate you can check it to see if there are quests you have overlooked:

http://guides.gamepressure.com/divinityoriginalsin/

When I said death before dishonour, I meant it alphabetically.
T
apprentice
apprentice
T
Having played up to level 17 currently I can say that there's definitely nothing wrong with the leveling speed. Like Peter said, you're just heading into the boss fights too early. You can't really expect to tackle the twins or the baron until you've taken care of almost all the Cyseal quests and killed all the regular mobs roaming the wilds. On the topic of quests -- go everywhere, inspect and interact with everything, talk to everybody (and everything) about everything, do everything. There's XP all over the place, you just need to go and get it. Take a more methodical and thorough approach and you'll out-level the mobs before long.

That said, some of the fights aren't cakewalks even if you out-level the enemy, so you still need to upgrade your characters and gear practically and fight tactically.

Last edited by Tsagoi; 07/07/14 01:50 AM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Another way to some "easy" Exp is to kill the guards in cyseal and the ones at the beach. You dont really need them but they still give you exp and because there is just a given amount of exp in the game every single point counts.

J
stranger
stranger
J
i did the orc beach at lvl 6 i believe. probably late 6 early 7. as well as black cove.

have you done the north cave? or the element puzzle? is your murder investigation progressed to a point you cant keep going with it without going to where you are dieing? have you done to elf orc blood fued? thats an easy one to miss. also the underground is pretty easy to miss as well. dig up the grave yard if you havent done it. or find a certain well.

there is ALOT of stuff to do in cyseal. go everywhere. you can also break down afew ppls doors without them ever knowing so you know. and you get exp in most of them.

edit: also just a thought. how is your gear? if your alittle under geared that early on it can make a pretty big difference.

Last edited by JasperFoust; 07/07/14 05:13 AM.
LeBurns Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
I got about 5000 exp for just letting that wishing well take me to the frozen land. Wasn't expecting that ... nor do I understand why I got it. After that I took the orcs and am going through that cave now. I hope I find that guy with the staff as that's one of my outstanding quests.

I did the element quest and put the square amulet on the pedestal, but I can't figure out how to get to the other side.

I don't know anything about an elf orc blood feud. I can't find the jeweled cat collar (unless it's in the pirate cave). Not sure what the North Cave is your talking about.

I'm trying not to break into people's houses. So I haven't figured out how to talk to the woman in the tub yet.

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
Originally Posted by LeBurns
I got about 5000 exp for just letting that wishing well take me to the frozen land. Wasn't expecting that ... nor do I understand why I got it.

Quest progression.

After that I took the orcs and am going through that cave now. I hope I find that guy with the staff as that's one of my outstanding quests.

You'll run into the staff in your travels (assuming you keep your eyes open), no need to worry about that one much.

I did the element quest and put the square amulet on the pedestal, but I can't figure out how to get to the other side.

You need to complete the puzzle in both caves to get to both sides.

I don't know anything about an elf orc blood feud.

You haven't been talking to enough people or paying enough attention. The elf at the inn (though you first meet him outside) wants you to kill the orc librarian, the mayor's adopted daughter.

I can't find the jeweled cat collar (unless it's in the pirate cave).

Again, you'll run into it, just keep your eyes open.

Not sure what the North Cave is your talking about.

Frankly I'm not sure either, there are a lot of caves about. Just go everywhere.

I'm trying not to break into people's houses. So I haven't figured out how to talk to the woman in the tub yet.

Use your teleporter. Be ready for a tough charisma check.

This game doesn't hold your hand a lot, you just need to tackle it head-on. If this stuff is giving you trouble, you're never going to be able to deal with some of the challenges later on. Whenever you get really stumped, just swallow your pride and consult your friend Google, a lot of questions have already been answered.

LeBurns Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Tsagoi

You need to complete the puzzle in both caves to get to both sides.

Maybe that's the North cave the other mentioned. I'll have to look for it.

I don't know anything about an elf orc blood feud.

You haven't been talking to enough people or paying enough attention. The elf at the inn (though you first meet him outside) wants you to kill the orc librarian, the mayor's adopted daughter.

Is that a Fab 5 quest? I couldn't join them because I lost an argument in Rock/Paper/Scissors.

Use your teleporter. Be ready for a tough charisma check.

I would have never thought of that. Thanks. (Course that's still technically breaking and entering ... even though I didn't break anything. But I can't help but see that pyramid on the floor in there so I feel like I'm supposed to get it somehow)

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
Is that a Fab 5 quest?

No, just look around outside for a named NPC. I think he was somewhere south of the graveyeard.

Last edited by Tsagoi; 07/07/14 01:18 PM.
J
stranger
stranger
J
he's like right behind the tavern im pretty sure. right near the mortician's house.

veteran
veteran
Level isn't everything here... a bunch of 5's proved too hard for me (near the cave) at level 5, so instead I wiped the lvl 6 orcs and the entire black cove. It was pathetically easy (and of course I did get 6 in the meantime). You don't have to fight enemies at their exact level, find which groups work for you and work from there wink.

LeBurns Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Hassat Hunter
Level isn't everything here... a bunch of 5's proved too hard for me (near the cave) at level 5, so instead I wiped the lvl 6 orcs and the entire black cove. It was pathetically easy (and of course I did get 6 in the meantime). You don't have to fight enemies at their exact level, find which groups work for you and work from there wink.

Yeah I finally took the orcs and cave, but even at level 7 the Skeleton guy on the throne with his girlfriend and summons is kicking my butt. Still trying to figure out who to take out first in that battle. But they are the last encounter before going on to the North side of the map.

EDIT: BTW, teleporting into the house with the other pyramid didn't work. Apparently I can't teleport through windows.

Last edited by LeBurns; 08/07/14 01:22 PM.
veteran
veteran
Simply use the teleporter (right-click in inventory)... And enjoy the result wink

K
stranger
stranger
K

Maybe that's the North cave the other mentioned. I'll have to look for it.

if you have 1 medalion, then you've been in both caves already, so just go back to the first cave you came from

Last edited by Konung82; 08/07/14 04:35 PM.
LeBurns Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
I got the twin caves quest done (I had only done half of it earlier apparently).

Right now I'm trying to get into the house with the woman bathing and the other pyramid (teleporting in isn't working) and taking on that Skeleton king and his minions. I'll get the king guy eventually. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get into that house as I can't even pick or break the door. frown

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard