Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Adel Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
It's almost feels unreal that the game is finally out and not only that but after a week I can say that not only did it live up to all my expectations but it also surpassed them in quite a few cased.

I only reached the end of the first act however the one thing I never suspected though was how much I would love the more lighthearted setting that's mixes in humor with serious quests. I do enjoy games like the Dragon Age or the Witcher, although admittingly the first more then the second but all these serious or grim-dark RPGs was starting to feel a little old.

Not everything has to be serious all the time and one of the things I find myself enjoying the most is how unpredictable this game can be. When I enter a new area I never know if I will face down some broody necromancer or discuss if zombie-trolls have to be paid in order to cross a bridge. I think this might be one of the first games in years that surprised every step of the way.

I know there are several review things already but I wanted to take some time and thank Larian for their rather unique approach to quests and lore. Even though they use cliches all over the place I find myself appreciating each and every one because everyone else seems to be doing their best to avoid them these days!

Last edited by Adel; 08/07/14 04:56 PM.
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
I like how this game never takes itself too seriously smile

This RPG should go down in history next to the greats in the Infinity Engine series, surpassing them in certain respects while capturing a lot of the essence that made those games unique.

A
Adel Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Originally Posted by Halcyon
This RPG should go down in history next to the greats in the Infinity Engine series, surpassing them in certain respects while capturing a lot of the essence that made those games unique.

This is exactly how I feel. It doesn't have companions that can compare to some of the IE games however on the other hand I almost feel like BIoware got carried away with all of that. More important it doesn't need it. Original Sin is just so fun to play that it doesn't need something to distract us from it's weaker sides and in my opinion the sitting and the often clever writing/humor is part of it. cheer

E
stranger
stranger
E
It's the kind of game I've been awaiting for years. I've missed the old titles like Temple of Elemental Evil, Planescape: Torment, Icewind Dale, Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, etc. The games since then just haven't grabbed me like they once did. Now, with Original Sin, that wonderful feeling is starting to return. We can also look forward to Torment: Tides of Numenera and Pillars of Eternity looming on the horizon. Some developers are starting to get it. it's a good time to be an old school RPG gamer. Then again, I'm old so take my musings accordingly.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Originally Posted by Halcyon

Even if it doesn't get too popular (though it has had Steam's top seller for about 8 days) It's absolutely going to be a cult classic (at the least).

It's already on my top 5 RPGs of all time list... might even be on top now, after Morrowind has sat on top for about 5 years.

Link Copied to Clipboard