Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
stranger
stranger
G
Originally Posted by Apocalypse
Originally Posted by Gregarious
Originally Posted by Fend
There's a core problem on adding grinding area, if you don't use it you are penalized and if you use it, grinding is awfully tedious, combats with zero design is very boring. So no.

I can see your point. If it exists, you feel obligated to use it, and since you don't like it, it would take away your enjoyment. Personally, I love grinding, but maybe it's best left to modders.

Thank you for acknowledging this when formulate in a non-offensive way. smile
And yeah, I have to agree, there is no point in having a grinding area in the main game.

I would go even so far to say there is no point for grinding areas in mods either, because you can have just fine combat heavy mods without respawn too and there should no decent supply of those from mods. So why have the same fights over and over when you can play new scenarios instead? We have the technology to rebuild our enemies, stronger, faster, smarter. ;-)

Of course. If someone carries themselves in a respectable manner, they deserve respect. I don't normally engage with trolls, but I couldn't help myself. smile

Yeah, if someone made some really combat heavy mods, I'd be all for it. I just think the combat is so amazing, and it's a shame I'm limited on how much of it I can do.

N
stranger
stranger
N
I wouldnt like respawns during the core story since thats not how the game has been designed. But an optional level-20 challenge-type multifloor dungeon where nothing stays dead for long and things keep getting harder, playable after you beat the game, sounds great to me.

H
stranger
stranger
H
I'm pretty sure that if you kill a creature after it's been resurrected you still get XP for the 2nd kill.

I haven't tested the theory but I think you could grind out levels on the Charred-Bone Idol if you really wanted to.

Support
Support

There were a few posts deleted above, though I don't think that would be apparent from reading the topic now.

Don't insult people. It doesn't matter how 'right' you are or how 'wrong' someone else is.

Don't quote people that are insulting people. Not responding is even better.

I would really rather focus on helping people who need help with the game than dealing with non-spam related forum notifications.

D
stranger
stranger
D
There's no need to grind for the main scenario. Like none at all, you don't even gain stats past 20 apparently.

Even if you wanted to grind there's a few possible ways to do so, like the fight against the Ice King whose name I forget, each of the two fragments he summons give exp even after he cycles through all the elements. So you just have to get creative if you want to grind.

Personally i wouldn't mind having some bonus combat options like an arena or something, don't even need to give exp just have items drop or make vendors refresh their inventories occasionally so I can still keep using my endgame party in combat.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard