Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Mr. C Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Change lockpicks to "Devices" and make the skill a component in your ability to actually disarm traps if it isn't already.

Further, disarming traps should yield ingredients and the occassional lucky find.

In other words change traps into miniature treasure chests that you reap the benefit of if you actually take the time to disarm them.

Right now people just blow them up making the whole thing pretty useless save for a few specific places.

If people want to blow up traps that's fine... but incorporating a risk/reward element to it would dramatically increase interest in that aspect of the game.

journeyman
journeyman
im ur rite coz rogues are prety bad atm

im sure larian will fix doe

1) destryin chests will destroy contents (high persent liek 65% chanse)

2) disarm trap an u can get material (like u say)

3) lockpick chest mean better chanse of LEGENDARY LOOTS

imho its valid suggestian

Spaghetti is life, Spaghetti is love.
M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Using skills should grant you experience. Disarming a tap, for example. This would make it worthwhile. Don't get the name change, though.

apprentice
apprentice
It works fine as it stands and I see nothing wrong with blowing up chests even if there is risk to contents. So much loot in this game, gear of all kinds and excessive gold from selling unused gear found plus amount can craft and upgrade, losing out on some decent loot in one chest makes little difference.

If I have a lock pick I will use that first, if I neither have the key, lock pick or magical unlock scroll then I say nuke the chest and take your chances. That's why it is an option and why I do it. It's for when have no other choice at that time and it gives another option even if slight risk to it so I see no reason to change that.

If you do not want to do that then that's fine but I see no reason why you hate that other people chose to make use of something you chose not to use. I especially fail to see how this is in ANY way offensive to anyone. In fact it makes logical sense why such a method exists, just like in the real world people smash open things to get what's inside and thieves blow open safe's or smash the padlocks if they have no other option.

Last edited by Dragoonlordz; 09/07/14 08:13 AM.
M
Mr. C Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by MogwaiX
Using skills should grant you experience. Disarming a tap, for example. This would make it worthwhile. Don't get the name change, though.

Changing "Lockpicks" to devices would open up a lot of possibilities in terms of what you can do with the skill while maintaining suspension of disbelief.

Lockpicks is... well, you pick locks.

Devices means you pick locks, disarm traps, fiddle with machinery, and can craft special objects.
[Linked Image]

You know... for kids. =)

M
Mr. C Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by Dragoonlordz
It works fine as it stands and I see nothing wrong with blowing up chests even if there is risk to contents. So much loot in this game, gear of all kinds and excessive gold from selling unused gear found plus amount can craft and upgrade, losing out on some decent loot in one chest makes little difference.

If I have a lock pick I will use that first, if I neither have the key, lock pick or magical unlock scroll then I say nuke the chest and take your chances. That's why it is an option and why I do it. It's for when have no other choice at that time and it gives another option even if slight risk to it so I see no reason to change that.

If you do not want to do that then that's fine but I see no reason why you hate that other people chose to make use of something you chose not to use. I especially fail to see how this is in ANY way offensive to anyone. In fact it makes logical sense why such a method exists, just like in the real world people smash open things to get what's inside and thieves blow open safe's or smash the padlocks if they have no other option.

Wasn't even talking about changing the mechanics of lockpicking... just changing the name to include it under an umbrella that allowed there to be skill checks for disarming traps like there is for picking locks.

addict
addict
Am I the only one here who gets the joke?

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
K
stranger
stranger
K
Originally Posted by EinTroll
Am I the only one here who gets the joke?

#YesAllDevices

Link Copied to Clipboard