Page 2 of 2 1 2
I
inc Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I
Originally Posted by Shaki

But this isn't really a constructive criticism, this is just whining.

I played a lot more than just few skeletons but keep exaggerating

I don't know whats the max level i assume its around 20 tho?(hopefully im wrong and the game is longer) and ive already had a grp that was lvl 12 or 13 or so before i decided to stop with it, even by then mages were still far superior and maybe you just dont have enough imagination to play one to the full potential the game offers for them

A
stranger
stranger
A
Just discussing the viability of fighters here is kinda beside the point.
The OP is right in that the game is incredibly buggy and has a lot of other problems.

Ever tried to land a Midnight Oil when standing on a beach?
The damn aoe indicator has almost the same color as the ground. frown

When I hold down ctrl, why doesn't it tell me exactly what element or aoe effect is on the ground beneath it? You sometimes simply cannot tell from just looking at the ground.

Why isn't there a double click safety system integrated?
Can't count anymore how often the cursor told me I would attack an enemy, then without even moving the mouse, the cursor jumps to movement the moment I click and I just walk somewhere without attacking, often getting opportunity struck.

The Philosopher on the graveyard? Good luck trying to read his book in the library. Its pages are blank. frown

Found Esmeralda?
Cool, because I found at least 2 occasions of dialogue suggesting she was imprisoned after the murder.
Strangely she isn't found in jail but in her shop complaining about the rats and the terrible conditions in her cell.

I'm not far into the game but I bet I can boost the list of bugs, inconsistencies and unfinished parts of the game to 10 full pages, in a week of playtime.

I really like this game, but I'm getting kind of sad that in the game industry of today, Quality Assurance simply is not invested into anymore, and something people worked on and got paid for, nowadays is simply put onto the shoulders of the customer.

We're basically playtesters that instead of getting paid for doing our job, pay the full price.

I have no doubt that this game has the potential to be one of the greatest CRPG's of all times with a lot more work and patches put in, and Larian seems to put in effort to patch and polish this game up, but I'm simply disappointed about what kind of construction sites called games get released at full price nowadays.

Stock Trader #1: This is a stock exchange! There's no money you can steal!
Bane: Really? Then why are you people here?
-The Dark Knight Rises
P
journeyman
journeyman
P
Originally Posted by inc

its okay that my warrior does 40 damage with some rare axe while my mage(which was intended to be a healer but has fireball to be able to burn stuff) can hit 6 mobs at same time for 65 damage + burn so yeah go compare 40 vs 390 damage + all the burn damage afterwards which would be atleast 50 on each mob so thats 300 more so basically 690 damage in one button click vs 40 damage, sure i may be exaggerating but theres some truth to it.

Yeah, those numbers sound legit. You are only exaggerating slightly for effect. Let's look at one of my early saves for comparison.

The closest I have to the mage damageoutput is from level 5, so I'll take that for comparison purposes.

At level 5 (and yes, on hard), my STR 10 2H warrior using a blue level 4 2H sharpened weapon does 75-120 damage per 4AP swing (slashing 46-75, fire 7-11, +30% 2H, +10% leadership), and can be boosted for +50% damage for three turns with a level 1 witchcraft spell by a party mage or use power attacks for +25% for a 5 AP swing in the circumstances where the hit percentage allows (basically when knocked down in this case). He's also got Dust Devil (6 AP, cooldown 5), for a 60-97 slashing,7-11 fire AOE with radius 3m. The damage is reduced by armour, which means that effectively it is somewhat less than the figures listed, but on the other hand the attacks can also crit (and at this point the character had a 10% crit rate)

(When he gets to town he'll get a better level 5 weapon crafted, but this save was at the lighthouse and he'd just leveled, so I'm afraid that for this comparison he's actually doing less damage than he would, if his equipment was up to date.)

By comparison, my INT 11 mage's best singletarget is 36-40 fire or 38-41 air for 6 AP, and his best AOE at this point is small fireball (7 AP, cooldown 7 at this point), for 48-58 fire damage with radius 4m and a 45% chance of burning.

The big difference for both singletarget and AOE early in the game is that the mage's damageoutput has the disadvantage of being wimpy, costing much more AP per point of damage, but has the advantage of a 100% hit-rate, not being centered on the mage, and being able to take advantage of elemental status effects on the battlefield.

BE THAT AS IT MAY, if you claim that your 2H warrior is only doing 40 damage at a point when you are doing ~65 damage with a fireball, you are not just exaggerating for effort - you are either incompetent at using your fighter or, which seems more likely, making numbers up out of whole cloth to support your position, which is plain ridiculous. hahaha

Last edited by Peter Ebbesen; 09/07/14 02:29 AM.

When I said death before dishonour, I meant it alphabetically.
T
stranger
stranger
T
Guys, guys! You really miss the point.

Fist stunning looks and treatment warrior look NOT COOL!

Do you remember what it looks like? Heck, he's just torn out of Asura WRATH https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsTjcIsF96k#t=17 This is the most stunning fist?

This Warrior, dammit! His strike would knock out the soul from the body of a brute force, and not what that magic. Here's a blow, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pomxp6LlXjQ

Throwing Captain America shield, stunning - it is also a suitable punch! Yes, hell, even a stone's throw - kick. I do believe that my warrior obscenely cursed mummy of my enemy, from what he slips and falls than this nebesnyykrasny fist infernal magic Exterminatus 40000

J
apprentice
apprentice
J
Sucks at game. Blames game. Plays on hard. Blames game for being hard.

Honestly, your posts sound like you are deliberately trying to find a strategy that sucks just so you can complain it failed. It's like you're not even trying to do anything well.

journeyman
journeyman
wooooow gusy ur attackin doe dont attack new players imho

imho best is murdora + jahan + warrior/mage

den get leech + glass cannon + extra ability points (wizzy)

dump all in int fo wiz (PURE WIZZY!)

den covah floor with FIYAH an oils

block doors w/ summons

fite in places w/ only 1 exit (an block or FIYAH)

an u win most things

its gg no re

Spaghetti is life, Spaghetti is love.
journeyman
journeyman
forgot u need COMEBACK KID too (essntial)

veteran
veteran
It's pretty much indifferent how you level up your character. You can even win with a really badly skilled party as long as you use tacitcs and skills wisely and support each other.

The game is only hard until you get a hold on its system in the first view hours. Then it's actually kind of easy, but not that easy to become boring. With crafting and really good gear you get so powerful in late game that challenge isn't a big issue anymore.

I also don't understand people who think way too much about "builds" and where to put each single stat point at which time. Guys, it's not a PvP game! It really doesn't matter that much. Just roleplay and decide intuitively what to choose. Game is winnable on normal difficulty anyway.

And on hard...well, if hard is too hard for you, then just reduce the difficulty. Games are no dick checks and it's not a shame to play a game not on the hardest difficulty level. Just play what seems fun to you but don't complain about bad balancing just because you obviously know too little about the game or because you want to squeeze the game in a certain corner it never wanted to be... wink

WOOS
journeyman
journeyman
heres 1 setup 4 u (nt boastin guys juss an example kk sry) 2 warrior/ 2 pure wizz
[Linked Image]

veteran
veteran
Okay, let me get the OP straight... he's

* Nerfing himself by willingly going Lone Wolf
* Nerfing himself by willingly not using summons to support this lone wolf setup
* Playing on HARD
* Doesn't even understand the system

And expects that this, all above, isn't actually HARD at all... and thus the game needs to be adapted to make this more easily playable. We all see how if this is made "easy" for the OP the entire game will be a supercakewalk for everyone like each modern RPG for none-nerfers right?
So instead of neutering the game to support a willingly gimped expert build, let's try;

* Not using Lone Wolf, but spreading the pain.
* Actually use summons. They are there for a reason. Especially complaining about stuns summons are gold.
* Turn down to normal or easy.
* Learn the system

PROBLEM SOLVED. And the game didn't even need to be neutered to modern game cakewalk mode. We all win!
Originally Posted by inc
I feel like the game is undertested or the testers are horrible or i dont even know what to say?

Congratiolations on just insulting many a thousand players of the Early Access. I'm sure they're glad to hear we all were horrible and all.
<.<
my point here is that if anyone actually played the game he'd see that this is just not right and that certain classes (even enemies) are way more OP than other classes

No one here played Original Sin... of course not. Otherwise how could we claim we have no problems with it.
Also I want to saw 'no shit sherlock' on the other... especially with...
and btw im a hardcore rpg player and also mmorpg pvp player so i can think outside of the box

You should be well familiar with the concept that mages are the most dangerous of all and need to be taken out ASAP. Basic RPG-gameplay really, not sure why a hardcore gamer is surprised by this.

Can't count anymore how often the cursor told me I would attack an enemy, then without even moving the mouse, the cursor jumps to movement the moment I click and I just walk somewhere without attacking, often getting opportunity struck.

If you notice it's doing something wrong, click the right mouse button and your character will instantly stop. If you're waiting for them to finish an improper movement command, it's not the game's fault. You can't loose more than 1AP to this if you're paying attention.
Doesn't mean it can't be improved upon, but it's definitely not as bad as people make it out to be.
I'm not far into the game but I bet I can boost the list of bugs, inconsistencies and unfinished parts of the game to 10 full pages, in a week of playtime.

Well, here's my challenge to you... DO IT.
I've posted extremely long topics with bugs on the beta (and again now), but 10 full pages, no I could not. So, give it your best shot... show me (us) how it's done. Note down all the bugs you find in a week, and see if it makes a 10 page report. We and Larian would all be grateful for your work.
Of course I know you wont, or if you try you wont get anywhere near 10 pages... but feel free to prove me wrong on that.

veteran
veteran
I want to see his "bug lists" for the various other RPGs and MMOs he claimed to have played. They must fill whole books if he already has 10 pages for D:OS only after a few hours of gameplay...

I guess he's doing it like that: "Hm, I don't understand that. What shall I do? Write it down as a flaw/bug or trying to understand it by better learning the systems? Now, I'm way too hardcore for that peasant's work. I just write it down and blame the devs, that's easier and grants more attention."

Pathetic... ouch

Last edited by LordCrash; 09/07/14 04:00 AM.

WOOS
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by ArtVandelay
Just discussing the viability of fighters here is kinda beside the point.

Maybe better discuss that in one of the treads screaming that fighters are op or ones where mages are op.

The OP is right in that the game is incredibly buggy and has a lot of other problems.

Which then will be writen down by you... right?
I mean, "incredibly buggy"...? What, like facepalm3? Obliblion?
Skyrim? what?

Ever tried to land a Midnight Oil when standing on a beach?
The damn aoe indicator has almost the same color as the ground. frown

Wow... how horrible.
Almost the same color you say? Thats obviously a bug.
Every single thing you dont like is a bug. Right-e-o.

When I hold down ctrl, why doesn't it tell me exactly what element or aoe effect is on the ground beneath it?

Why would it tell you?
Are you dumb?

You sometimes simply cannot tell from just looking at the ground.

Green is poison, red is fire... mkay? Grey or bluish that looks like water is water, mkay?

Any other questions?

Imagine having to click twice on everything you do in the game.
Thats why.

Zoom in a bit more, aim at opponents feet or circles around them.
Stop twitching. Play a isometric rpg as it should be played. Not as twitch fest hack and slash.

I know its rocket science but you can do it!
coca cola is supporting your generation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!! - !

The Philosopher on the graveyard? Good luck trying to read his book in the library. Its pages are blank. frown

smile

Found Esmeralda?
Cool, because I found at least 2 occasions of dialogue suggesting she was imprisoned after the murder.
Strangely she isn't found in jail but in her shop complaining about the rats and the terrible conditions in her cell.

a small dialogue bugg. Congratulations you have found exactly one - and a small already reported one at that - bug... out of the "incredible amount".

I bet you cannot even find your own butt.

I really like this game, but I'm getting kind of sad that in the game industry of today, Quality Assurance simply is not invested into anymore, and something people worked on and got paid for, nowadays is simply put onto the shoulders of the customer.

You are right... i should be payed inordinate amounts of money for my services.

Nothing should be left on the shoulders of customers as you are.

Correct.

We're basically playtesters that instead of getting paid for doing our job, pay the full price.

We?

I have no doubt that this game has the potential to be one of the greatest CRPG's of all times with a lot more work and patches put in, and Larian seems to put in effort to patch and polish this game up, but I'm simply disappointed about what kind of construction sites called games get released at full price nowadays.

stfu.

addict
addict
@inc
1/ this is Larian forum. Only thing allowed here by fanboys is praising. No criticism please.

2/ Game is perfect. It is the mother of all games. Those are no bugs, those are "features". There are no unbalances, it is you that sucks.
And as a proof, there are only 300 posts in "technical issues" section of the forum. 300 is very few, there could be 5000, so it is you who is wrong.

Period.

Last edited by Cromcrom; 09/07/14 05:13 AM.

Un chemin de 1000 lieues commence par un premier pas.

Project:
Steam workshop Frontiere
A
apprentice
apprentice
A
I don't understand why wouldn't you use summons (for example).
They are there for a reason. The game is balanced when you use the tools it provides you. Nothing is balanced if you don't use the tools and then complain it doesn't work.
It's like no using the gas pedal of a car and then complaining it doesn't move.
When playing 2 lone wolves on hard you need to rethink your tactical approach towards battles.
I play like that (1 mage 1 fighter).
1. Mage is primary a buffer, controller, secondary damage dealer.
2. Fighter is main damage dealer, secondary controller.
3. Get Melee Power Stance, get bless, get the witchcraft damage buffing spell, get fortify. Buff fighter, CC (prepare for CC the battlefield) as much as you can with the mage.
4. Go in with the fighter, wreck havoc. Thanks to lone wolf you can take a hit or two before going down.
5. Use summons when you need time to recover. If you haven't noticed summons are not there to win you the fight directly, they are literally distractions for the enemy. The AI is obviously designed to put them as first priority and they immediately turn fire to them, so your party can use the gap to recover, rebuff, re-CC, eat food, drink potions.
6. Use cover, use teleport to get the enemy range/mage into a place where you want it.

The game is not easy with 2 lone wolves on hard in the beginning, no doubt, especially if you jump head in into big parties that are above your level. But it's challenging hard, it gives you the tools to win, just have to use your mind a bit and improvise. I find that extremely fun, invigorating and refreshing, having in mind what is the common "goo" of games we get these days, DOS is a real gem.

Last edited by Aspar; 09/07/14 09:48 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Cromcrom
@inc
1/ this is Larian forum. Only thing allowed here by fanboys is praising. No criticism please.

2/ Game is perfect. It is the mother of all games. Those are no bugs, those are "features". There are no unbalances, it is you that sucks.
And as a proof, there are only 300 posts in "technical issues" section of the forum. 300 is very few, there could be 5000, so it is you who is wrong.

1. But also the other Half are only Haters...

2. No one said it`s perfect. But you can agree - that complaint sounds a bit stupid(and i don`t say the OP is stupid, donï½´t missunderstand my point). It`s like if a Player Challenge himself on Dark Souls - Pick Deprived and sets as Rule he only play with Starterweapons and without any Armor or a Challenge(i`ve seen someone did it) where you don`t use a single Bon Fire! AND Then such People complain about the Game is too hard and imbalanced.
Sorry to say that, but thats really so stupid like People who play Games on Easy and bash a Game because...you see... its too easy ...
And i`ve to say, by such actions i think everytime such Gamer do that things only they can bash that Game!
Hard and Lone Wolf are meant to be Hard!
And if they patch that easy because of one Guy here, who have a problem, the Game will be overall pretty easy!

Second Point: The Game have sold 160.000 Copies, in Steam it be played daily within 15000 Peoples and you say - 300 Posts here are significant. Sorry, the Big Problem is, in such Topics the Gamers who cry out first, are the Haters and Whiners. The Gamer who love/like/Enjoy the Game and find it well balanced, and play the Game instead of use a Forum!

And sorry again, English isn`t my native Language!

veteran
veteran
Drat... seems blocking users doesn't help if they get quoted... I'm a sad kitty now...
I suggest you ignore the local strawmen throwing hate-breeder. I did. Atleast the other 'haters' actually add constructive points sometimes between their rants, he... nope.

Anyway, if you think Hiver was too mean to you, you can kill him ingame. Should help elevate frustrations wink.

U
stranger
stranger
U
The OP is not as bad as a lot of the responses are making him out to be. I've watched a few videos online (youtube divinity original sin for playthroughs) and his 40dmg fighter and 60dmg mage is quite common and indeed reasonable.

As well, most of this other complaints are shared elsewhere in the forums. I agree the OP does it in an 'attacking' nature which is poor; however his basis does not seem contrived.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard