Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
SuZaKu Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Welp, editor just crashed all of a sudden with C++ runtime error, and besides losing unsaved progress it seemed to rollback a bit? LARIAAAAAAN!

D
dot Offline
journeyman
journeyman
D
Sorry to hear that, but that's what I was complaining about. Better make a save manually by copying the folder to a backup folder, just in case. So you will not have to start from scratch when the editor crashes and corrupts your whole mod!

Last edited by dot; 09/07/14 11:29 AM.
SuZaKu Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I guess I was punished for being an idiot and not backing up.

Anyway, I've re-done stuff that was gone. There's bushes here and there, sign posts, main menu background and of course the amazing trick with forest shadowing - thanks again eRe4s3r.

Not much to show besides main menu and how the shadows look like now - compared to earlier this is much better.

[Linked Image]

Chest, where art thou?

[Linked Image]

Last edited by SuZaKu; 09/07/14 12:33 PM.
D
dot Offline
journeyman
journeyman
D
Well, I don't know how, but your chest ended up on my bridge...

[Linked Image]

Would you be so kind as to pick it up. It may cause my characters to trip and fall down the bridge!

Last edited by dot; 09/07/14 01:45 PM.
veteran
veteran
how is that possible...

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
I found this in the diablo 2 mod thread, which may fix the chest; from Dalto:

"What you have to do for those items that disappear, is right click them and change them to scenery - for future reference."

D
dot Offline
journeyman
journeyman
D
Yes, that is what needs to be done. But some objects or even characters (animals etc.) do not have "isScenery" or it is grayed out. In that case you gotta change some more stats in the tab.

stranger
stranger
This is some impressive work. Love the bridge especially.

SuZaKu Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Dot, you must have learned high-tier teleportation to pull that off:)

Zholistic - thanks a lot, it works like a charm indeed.

T
stranger
stranger
T
I cannot for the life of me, figure out how to add water, like you have. Trying to build a habour..did you paint the water on? If so..what is the name of it.

SuZaKu Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
You can find different types of water planes in Root Templates. If you expand the list to Nature-->Water there's all sorts of water planes.

If it's too small initially when you add it, you can change the scale in the sidebar.

Oh, and there's also water paint in the AI grid window - allows you to paint that surface water your characters can walk on, and I believe it would also be possible to electrify it in the game.

Last edited by SuZaKu; 10/07/14 10:13 AM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
Alright, iï½´ll try it out. tried it out yesterday, and when painting the terrain with water, for the most part it just flicked in and out..like it was trying to apply itself both over and under the terrain

SuZaKu Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
That's odd. I just painted the water on both flat ground and over a mountain and no flickering here.
I know of only the water planes flickering, if you try to place them on the exact same height of the terrain etc.

M
stranger
stranger
M
I find the editor pretty easy to use.
Problem is, my saved terrains keep getting corrupted texture materials, I've lost quite a bit of work this way, notably my forest. Once the problem occurs you can't paint or unpaint the corrupted sections without crashing the editor so I decided to abandon it after much experimentation to recover it.

Some pictures:

Forest
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Thieves Den
[Linked Image]

I've given up with terrains for the moment and am building a thieves den. Very simple and fun to create buildings.. wish I could say the same about dialogue however.

Does anyone know if you can reset local variables in the editor? It took me a number of hours to realize that reloading the level didn't clear dialogue variables. I could not figure out why my dialogues were triggering almost randomly.. until I re-opened the editor and everything worked.

T
stranger
stranger
T
I am so fucking stupid. The water was just a drag & drop. No need to paint..Thanks again for the help, OP

SuZaKu Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by tykke
I am so fucking stupid. The water was just a drag & drop. No need to paint..Thanks again for the help, OP

Lol np. Yeah, the drag & drop ones are called water planes, the water you paint on surfaces is from the AI grid:)

veteran
veteran
Great progress, I like it a lot.

WOOS
SuZaKu Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Thanks, appreciate it a lot!

And sorry for the lack of updates, I'm currently taking break because real life stuff.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Nice work!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard