Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
B
I realize it is likely too early to get an answer to this question as everyone is still learning the engine, but would the game engine support a mod with the following features:

• Ironman mode - if your party dies, save game is deleted
  • Removing majority of auto-kill elements in the game (sheep grave, lava, etc - can replaced by high damage to prevent misclicks)
  • (Optional) Slightly increased chance to find loot (+10-15%).

First point seems like it may be hard coded into the game, other points I imagine are doable.

S
stranger
stranger
S
If we can work correctly with the Stats folder of the Main.pak then it's possible
Don't know about the first point but maybe it's doable with scripts

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
You can change loot quite easily by modifying your treasure.xlsm

Just an example screenshot.
[Linked Image]

R
addict
addict
R
I imagine that the first point could be replicated by simply stopping the Resurrection scroll/spell from working (ie change the scroll so that it doesn't cast Resurrection, and the Skillbook so that it doesn't teach Resurrection).

Presumably the only way to Resurrect at that point would be to find a Star/Blood Stone, but those are far and few between (and you need a party member alive to use it in the first place).

N
apprentice
apprentice
N
Originally Posted by Shidiwen
You can change loot quite easily by modifying your treasure.xlsm

Edit: Found it in the unpacked files. Public/Main/Stats/TreasureTable.xlsm

I guess editing frequency would make the item drop more and the rarity decides of what quality it should be. However, how do you make the file affect your game?
Edit2: Found the answer here: http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=507354&#Post507354

"Almost; you should drop them into Data\Public\%yourMod%\Stats, not Data\Mods\%yourMod%\Stats".

Last edited by n1x0r; 09/07/14 09:49 PM.
B
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
B
Resurrection scrolls wouldn't be a problem in my opinion - it's when you entire party wipes that should not allow you to continue (auto-delete all save games). I imagine the simplest solution would be to automatically delete the previous save game anytime a new one is saved (and disable auto-save) s you would only have one save ever, and if your party dies to auto-delete. Maybe attach this functionality to a specific profile as well.

I'm lvl 15 currently in my game and would love to go through this again with hardcore - maybe I'll actually start using potions/scrolls/special arrows. Not that I reload often, but the tension isn't there since I know I can take chances and always reload.

Good news regarding treasure - I think a minor 5-10% bump would be a nice compensation for playing on ironman.

What about editing insta-kill scenarios? From what I remember they all give a set damage of 32k or so, so it should be easy to search for this among the code and swap it with a few hundred.

Link Copied to Clipboard