Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
P
P
Originally Posted by ivra
Thanks for maintaining these lists! Very useful.

I found some mistakes while creating potions.
Originally Posted by Angry Dave

[CR 5 -> 3+] Potion level up | Augmentor + Any Potion (Small to Medium to Large)

I needed only CR 3 to upgrade most of the minor potions. I could upgrade some medium potions at CR 4.

There are different upgrades possible for CR3, CR4, and CR5. CR5 is needed for the really good potions to be become large versions, e.g., Strong Resist All

addict
addict
Working on a Set of Crafting Videos!

Last edited by GamezGlitchz; 09/07/14 12:59 AM.
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Thanks ivra, LordCrash & PatrickSJ for the clarifications and confirmations on some of those recipes.

I have updated the lists.

I'll likely be losing the ability to further edit the initial posts again either later today or early tomorrow so wanted to make sure they as up to date as possible. Instead of creating another thread to keep them updated it will probably be best to move it to the wiki site so we can keep editing without restriction.

At least if new recipes added in game at a later stage this is easy to modify.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by GamezGlitchz
Working on a Set of Crafting Videos!

Cool, I was going to do this but don't think i'm going to have the time, feel free to drop a link in the thread when you have them up.

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
Perhaps I missed it, but is there a way to craft a trap disarm kit?

P
P
Nope

P
P
Angry Dave, for the Cup of Oil recipe could you add that you have to drag the Oil Barrel onto the Empty Cup and not the other way around?

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by PatrickSJ
Angry Dave, for the Cup of Oil recipe could you add that you have to drag the Oil Barrel onto the Empty Cup and not the other way around?

Good call, that threw me the first time to

P
P
Another correction: Crossbow Stock uses Iron Bar, not Steel Bar

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman

Updated

veteran
veteran

Wow, that's pretty weird and most likely a bug since that's one of the recipies physically printed on the cards of the kickstarter backer edition...

[Linked Image]

Please fix this, Larian. smile

Last edited by LordCrash; 09/07/14 01:31 PM.

WOOS
enthusiast
enthusiast
There is a little trick that makes crafting so much more comfortable:
Just throw all the crafting tools together in one backpack. This makes searching for the right tool so much faster and you can also make use of the inventory filter when you are crafting if you open the backpack first. Otherwise if you are trying to combine components from different categories you would have to use the "show all" filter.

Last edited by eidolon; 09/07/14 05:57 PM.
T
T
Bowstring + Magic Lucky Rabbit Paw does not work.
Magic Lucky Rabbit Paw + Jeweller's Kit Ring Gives only speed

Also Voodoo Doll + Pixie Dust does not require crafting 5, it simply improves the voodoo doll with crafting steps. I can confirm that it worked at crafting 4.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Tyhan

Also Voodoo Doll + Pixie Dust does not require crafting 5, it simply improves the voodoo doll with crafting steps. I can confirm that it worked at crafting 4.

True. It works on all crafting levels, only difference is the piercing damage of the resulting voodoo doll.

Last edited by LordCrash; 09/07/14 06:20 PM.

WOOS
P
P
Originally Posted by Tyhan
Bowstring + Magic Lucky Rabbit Paw does not work.

Ack, screwed up on that one.

Correction: Bowstring + Amulet (Magic Lucky Rabbit Paw) = Super Amulet (Magic Lucky Rabbit Paw)

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Angry Dave

[CR 2] Boosted Shield | Metal Shield + Anvil
  • Boosted Metal Shield Upgrades
    [CR 2] +Sm, Durability
    [CR 3] +Sm, Blocking
    [CR 4] +Med, Blocking
    [CR 5] +Lg, Blocking

This doesn't seem to be correct. I have a crafting rating of 3 and a boosted metal shield still yields a durability buff, not a blocking buff.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by LordCrash

Wow, that's pretty weird and most likely a bug since that's one of the recipies physically printed on the cards of the kickstarter backer edition...

[Linked Image]

Please fix this, Larian. smile

Sadly it is probably the card itself that is in error, as the in-game book that describes how to make a crossbow also indicates the crafter should use iron and not steel. So, the in-game recipe matches the in-game recipe book, even if neither match the physical card shown above.

It's possible the recipe was intentionally changed as part of a sanity/balance pass on crafting after the cards were sent off for manufacturing. Like the manual they will eventually become largely obsolete as more changes are made (if that happens).

P
P
That is odd. There is only 1 possible outcome according the ItemCombos data. It says "Shield_Small_Blocking_Mod", but I wonder what effects that applies.

Edit:
Shield_Small_Blocking_Mod is mapped to _Blocking_ShieldBoost which lists a multiplier for Blocking, not for durability. This is peculiar

Last edited by PatrickSJ; 09/07/14 08:11 PM.
veteran
veteran
My CR is 3 but my BR is 2. Since it's a metal shield, is it based on Blacksmithing perhaps?

T
T
Originally Posted by Gyson
My CR is 3 but my BR is 2. Since it's a metal shield, is it based on Blacksmithing perhaps?

Actually yes I'm pretty sure shield boosts scale with blacksmithing. I remember putting on my blacksmithing gear to get my large +block.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard