Next Thread
Print Thread
I
Icarium Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I
So, I just wandered around Cyseal and found Evelyns hut before I completed the associated quest. Problem is, that I smashet the chest in which should later be the Reveal scroll.
My question being: Is there a way how to fix it? Cheat, mod, anything? I did it like 20 hours of gameplay ago, so loading old save would be very painful. Thank you for anything

Last edited by Icarium; 09/07/14 07:44 PM.
old hand
old hand
You should have listened to Mappo.

If that hut is not in the city then its not her hut. Besides that the scroll is not in a chest and even if it was and you bashed it the item would not have been destroyed.

I
Icarium Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I
Well, if its not in the chest then i have no idea where it is, because I had taken everything and still do not have it neither in my inventory, nor anywhere else (backpacks, traders).

Problem is, I do not remember if Mappo told me something about it :-( Everytime I start to grasp this memory, something happenes and after that, he is cleaning his club.

Is the only solution realy loading the old save? Arrrrgghhhhh

old hand
old hand
Looking at the books shelves may help?

I think its there actually, but i may be wrong... and cant check right now.

So... you may need to start over.

smile

I
Icarium Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I
It is not, unfortunately. I checked it many times. I even went from person to person and looked into their inventories, but still it is not there. I'm almost sure that I didn't even pick it up, because it was not there, when I came to the hut for the first time.

Loading ancient save is frustrating... I will rather wait for someone smarter to fix this, because I'm not alone with this problem, as far as I can say after googling this issue. But thank anyway hehe

old hand
old hand
Yeah, sorry if i remembered wrong. I seem to remember the scroll being in one of the shelves in the beta...

Anyway, it would be best if devs find a way to enable you to find that lair with other means, as
a backup option and so make that whole deal more non linear.

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
I have this issue too, was not in chest or shelves in Evelyn's house!

veteran
veteran
Did you try her desk, and the little bookstand above the desk?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Also make sure you rotate in all possible angles.. one of the bookstands has her diary...

D
stranger
stranger
D
I'm in the same position. I thought I might have accidentally sold or dropped it in a rush, but after paying almost every NPC a visit and after retracing my steps across the map, I simply cannot find the scroll. I checked all over her house and through all of my groups inventory, but I've had no luck.

Is their any other way to access her secret lair? I have absolutely loved the game so far, and after putting in 15 hours I really would loathe having to start all over again.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Did you actually read her diary? You do have to read the books in this game, preferable with your main chars. aside that I have no idea wink

Last edited by eRe4s3r; 10/07/14 11:03 PM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
Yes, I did read her diary. It mentions the spell and the Robot you kill as part of the Fab Five quest, and the passage connected to it's cave, but thats it.

Man, this is bumming me out.

enthusiast
enthusiast
And you checked the chest at the back of the house? The desk? the book on the desk/scroll /(can't remember ,p)

D
stranger
stranger
D
Yeah, the shelves, the cupboard, the chest; nothing.

Ah, man, I think I just hit a really rare bug. Thanks for the help, but I think it's just gone.

old hand
old hand
Ive just revisited that in a new playthrough.

The reveal scroll is in the chest on the right side, just behind the entrance.
So i guess, if you are burning the door down you could maybe destroy the chest and maybe the spell too?
That should not happen and if it does then its a bug.

Never happened to me.

The book shelf above that chest contains her diary and on the table further inside, on the right, there is a letter from Conduit. Those do not help with revealing the entrance to her lair.

The spell has been slightly changed from the beta, before it looked just like a blank scroll, now it has a face painted over it.

Im not sure how you can loose it since you cannot sell it as quest items dont appear n trading - but in the other thread someone mentioned maybe accidentally sending it to Homestead as a possibility.

Of course, at that time of the game you have no access to that part of the homestead so...

reloading earlier save it is.

veteran
veteran
Have you tried blowing the chest up to see if it spawns?
(I'm way past that point to try)

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
I have this too, I smashed my way into her house before being told to go there, wondering if that bugged it somehow? Chest is there, I smashed it open and found her diary and lots of other stuff but no reveal scroll. Have checked all the vendors and townspeople in case I sold it but no luck.

Does it just look like a parchment Guys or more like a proper spell scroll?

Thanks

K
stranger
stranger
K
Its looks like a proper spell.

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Thanks, will check NPC's again.

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Found it!
Seems that when I smashed the chest that contained the scroll it flew out of the door! I found it lying near the south door to her house smile
Just in case anyone else lost the reveal scroll!

Link Copied to Clipboard