Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
truditu Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Being one of the guys that weren't particularly happy with the movement speed of the characters ingame, i figured i'd give it a shot and see if i could mod it somewhat.

After messing around i eventually was successful. Took me a while to figure out that i needed to change the movement speed not for the player character objects but rather their root template.

So i increased their speed by about 30%. It seemed like a good compromise between playability and looks.

Keep in mind that this applies only to the 2 player characters. I'm not sure if it works for companions since i didn't get a chance to test it, but it can be improved pretty easily.

Anyway here's the link:
http://speedy.sh/ppCEe/SpeedMod.zip

Just copy the content of the zip to your divinity game dir and make sure you activate the mod in the main menu. Also you'll probably have to start a new game.

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
Could you maybe upload it to some place that isn't a scam site/ where you do't need to pay or download spyware to get it?

T
truditu Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Neither of the things you stated are true smile
Just ignore the banners and press on the first link on the top of the page. The one with the mod name

C
stranger
stranger
C
Thanks for your mods, very helpfull !

Can you explain how to edit your files to increase more the speed.
If a day I want to upgrade to 100%, I would like to know how I do.

Regards

T
truditu Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
I'll try my best but i'm not at my PC currently so it's just from memory:)
After launching the divinity engine toolkit and loading the mod, just load a level (character creation is fine).
Somewhere on the top bar is a button that shows you root templates. Just press it and select "all".
At this point find the entries "MalePlayer" and "FemalePlayer" (maybe Male/FemaleCharacter? not sure).
Select each one and in the SideBar (activated from View->SideBar) modify the entries RunSpeed and WalkSpeed.

Save the mod and run the game. At save you might get some errors but it still should work.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Thank you for the explanation.

N
stranger
stranger
N
Awesome, I need to try this. Given the speed at which the game is getting patched right now, I must ask; will this mod likely work on any version of the game, or will it require being updated each patch?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by truditu
Neither of the things you stated are true smile
Just ignore the banners and press on the first link on the top of the page. The one with the mod name

You should consider using this

http://filesmelt.com

T
truditu Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Originally Posted by Nameless Hero
Awesome, I need to try this. Given the speed at which the game is getting patched right now, I must ask; will this mod likely work on any version of the game, or will it require being updated each patch?

Well it should at least work for a while smile It doesn't contain many changes but I can't guarantee it'll work forever...

S
stranger
stranger
S
Thanks for this.

Originally Posted by truditu
Just copy the content of the zip to your divinity game dir and make sure you activate the mod in the main menu. Also you'll probably have to start a new game.

For those who bought this on Steam (unless you've moved your Steam folder)

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Data"

And yeah, after activating it I tried continuing my existing game and it doesn't seem to apply to it. But it'll be there for me on the next run. smile

old hand
old hand
This mod does require a restart.

30% is a nice bump.

The Companions move 30% faster to.

Other than the download tool used... Thumbs up!

N
stranger
stranger
N
Used without issues so far, great mod. Should be rolled into the vanilla version if you ask me. Default speed is just horrendous.

old hand
old hand
Nameless have you tried in on coop? I haven't yet, will be soon, just wondering.

Is there was a way to speed up combat by about 100% that would make me restart again! smile

N
apprentice
apprentice
N
How did you get this to work? Creating a new module dependent on the main module and main module's data, if I change the root templates then it will not let me save.

"Save the mod and run the game. At save you might get some errors but it still should work."

How come you could save regardless? :o What am I doing wrong? frown

R
addict
addict
R
Originally Posted by n1x0r
How did you get this to work? Creating a new module dependent on the main module and main module's data, if I change the root templates then it will not let me save.

"Save the mod and run the game. At save you might get some errors but it still should work."

How come you could save regardless? :o What am I doing wrong? frown

After creating the module, you need to copy/paste the relevant RootTemplate from the Unpacked Main.pak to the Mod's RootTemplate folder. Reload the module in the Engine, and then you can edit the RootTemplate file you copied over and avoid save errors.

N
apprentice
apprentice
N
Originally Posted by Rhidian

After creating the module, you need to copy/paste the relevant RootTemplate from the Unpacked Main.pak to the Mod's RootTemplate folder. Reload the module in the Engine, and then you can edit the RootTemplate file you copied over and avoid save errors.

Thank you! I'll give this a try! smile
Edit: Success! I was finally able to change the movementspeed, but I ended up using your mod as a framework... which I should have done from the start, duh.
18.75/10 (5x) movementspeed makes it feel a little weird when you start doing reaaaally slow animations (relatively) - but I'll work on that another time ^^

Last edited by n1x0r; 09/07/14 03:15 PM.
N
apprentice
apprentice
N
Okey, got it to work and it runs really great. But upon starting the game I get the error:

"The files of the mod 'Main' and/or it's dependencies are invalid. This can be caused by corrupt or changed files. You won't be able to play this mod in multiplayer".
Any ideas?

Last edited by n1x0r; 09/07/14 04:44 PM.
old hand
old hand
Here are 4 more speeds, all a little bit faster than Truditu's base 30%.

All credit to Truditu, I just modified his lsb file.

Speed A: (Probably near a 50% increase to base)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/bhjww81vh4uy6a7/player.lsb

Speed B: (B and C both lets the reins down)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/i4g87mvabafb9cb/player.lsb

Speed C:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/8b8pncc5qecmlwb/player.lsb

Speed D: (Puts the RUN in SpeedRun)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/x2r1r27qmnp469z/player.lsb

Last edited by Horrorscope; 09/07/14 09:11 PM.
N
apprentice
apprentice
N
http://dropcanvas.com/a9tc1 and mine. 500% smile
Fixed the error by deleting some of the folders I had tried to copy in when I was messing around and copying in the unpacked folders+files.

journeyman
journeyman
Totally changes the feel of the game for me. It's no longer painful for me to move my characters around and looks to me like the speed they should be moving at.

I'm rather surprised that Larian didn't think that the speed of the characters is too slow in the vanilla game but whatever... Here's a mod that feels good to me.

Much appreciated.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard