Page 1 of 2 1 2
#514827 10/07/14 02:07 AM
K
Kurochi Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
K
Picked up a Shambling Death Wand as a drop from one of the enemies.
Party gets infected by Rot at pickup... deals 1 dmg per second until vitality is at 1.

I have 600 HP... and no way to cure it, other than wait it out.

That's just mean Larian, :'( had to load game, and repeat the fight.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Its not a prank. If you talked to the enemies before you killed them, and passed the charisma checks, she tells you that the wand was made through tenebrium and that one risks rot by using it.

T
T
Originally Posted by Sadinar
Its not a prank. If you talked to the enemies before you killed them, and passed the charisma checks, she tells you that the wand was made through tenebrium and that one risks rot by using it.

Unfortunately winning rock paper scissors isn't something you always do.

veteran
veteran

Well, the problem is that you don't have to use it to get infected by rot. And another problem is that you maybe don't even know what rot means at that time. It's just a bad location/timing for this encounter...

WOOS
K
Kurochi Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
K
Originally Posted by Tyhan

Unfortunately winning rock paper scissors isn't something you always do.

That's another thing actually, I swear the rock paper scissor game is rigged. I never EVER get any draws with NPCs, I either win or lose. This particular encountered they had 5 charisma points, meaning I would never know about this rot wand if I lose more than twice.

journeyman
journeyman
then its time to fight charisma with charisma! or just press space to skip und reload until you win.

Last edited by TheBubblerum; 10/07/14 02:37 AM.
K
Kurochi Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
K
Originally Posted by TheBubblerum
then its time to fight charisma with charisma! or just press space to skip und reload until you win.

You mean charisma vs Time Travel :P feels like cheating to me.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Kurochi

That's another thing actually, I swear the rock paper scissor game is rigged. I never EVER get any draws with NPCs, I either win or lose. This particular encountered they had 5 charisma points, meaning I would never know about this rot wand if I lose more than twice.

I'm not sure it's rigged--but I always assumed the game is just saving players some time. If every AI choice between rock paper scissors was 1/3, you'd have to sit through potentially a lot of ties.

Of course, you can't help it in multiplayer, but I figured whatever you choose (say rock), the computer will automatically eliminate that choice, and give you 50/50 on paper or scissors. You'll either win or lose the result, which in both cases moves things along at least.

B
journeyman
journeyman
B
Rot is a slight annoyance at best, just pop a heal every now and then, no big deal.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Bluestone
Rot is a slight annoyance at best, just pop a heal every now and then, no big deal.

Or use a bloodstone to remove it.

B
journeyman
journeyman
B
Originally Posted by Sawyer
Originally Posted by Bluestone

Or use a bloodstone to remove it.

The original post says "I have 600 HP... and no way to cure it, other than wait it out. "

No way to cure it means no bloodstone, SO... pop a heal every now and then as it is merely a slight annoyance.

L
L
What does that wand actually do anyway?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by LordofBones
What does that wand actually do anyway?

Honestly, I haven't found out myself so far after clearing both Hiberheim and Luculla Forest completely...

WOOS
S
stranger
stranger
S
Can you use the Death Wand on the shambling mound that is guarding the wishing well? I just beat him down, but considering his resistances, that might be what they were intending.

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T

Yet reloading to remove the consequences of your choice is not?

Interesting set of principals you have there.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Oh the horrors of losing 1 HP per second, it gave me nightmares for weeks

K
Kurochi Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
K
Originally Posted by Tanist

One is a decision and a failure on my part for not investing in charisma. I shouldn't be able to win it without the proper investment.

Another is an unexplained item that you were conditioned to pick up (Always pickup loot, at no point does the game say "this loot is poisoned or will kill you or analyze loot skill) that will eventually lead to your annoyance or death.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
So that's what infected me with rot that one time, without any apparent reason.

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T

One is a decision and a failure on my part for not investing in charisma. I shouldn't be able to win it without the proper investment.

But you can without ever reloading. I won the charm contest with the woman in the tub when she was an 8 and I was a 2. So you can have a chance of winning.

Another is an unexplained item that you were conditioned to pick up (Always pickup loot, at no point does the game say "this loot is poisoned or will kill you or analyze loot skill) that will eventually lead to your annoyance or death.

Was a surprise wasn't it? Nice when games have surprises I think, good or bad. /shrug

B
journeyman
journeyman
B

Was a surprise wasn't it? Nice when games have surprises I think, good or bad. /shrug

Sure, but it would be nice to have a loremaster/perception check to warn you that picking it up would do bad things. Most games I can remember would warn you about cursed items if you had the ability to ID them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard