Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
veteran
veteran
Yeah, I just lowered my Blacksmithing to 1 by removing a bracer and could no longer buff the shield, so that list should say "BR3" instead of "CR3".

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
Originally Posted by Angry Dave
[CR 4] Add Poison Damage +Sm, Poison DMG | Any Weapon + Poison
[CR 4] Add Water Damage +Sm, Water DMG | Any Weapon + Essence of Water
[CR 4] Add Fire Damage +Sm, Fire DMG | Any Weapon + Essence of Fire
[CR 5] Add Fire Damage +Lg, Fire DMG | Any Weapon (Except Staff) + Joshua Spice
[CR 4] Add Earth Damage +Sm, Earth DMG | Any Weapon + Essence of Earth
[CR 4] Add Air Damage +Sm, Air DMG | Any Weapon + Essence of Air

Adding essences needs CR 5, adding poison needs only CR 1 ... both add 15% of weapon damage. If you apply multiple elemental enchantments the previous gets replaced. The recipe with Joshua Spice doesn't work.

P
P
What weapons did you try with the Joshua Spice?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Tommy123

If you apply multiple elemental enchantments the previous gets replaced.

Same is true for Tenebirum. You can only have either elemental damage or Tenebrium damage if you coat a weapon with the exception of magical weapons with already existing elemental damage. In that case you could add Tenebrium damage to the elemental damage. On the other side, you can't enhance (real, not coated) Tenebrium weapons with elemental damage.

WOOS
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Gyson
Originally Posted by LordCrash
Originally Posted by PatrickSJ
Another correction: Crossbow Stock uses Iron Bar, not Steel Bar

Wow, that's pretty weird and most likely a bug since that's one of the recipies physically printed on the cards of the kickstarter backer edition...

[Linked Image]

Please fix this, Larian. smile

Sadly it is probably the card itself that is in error, as the in-game book that describes how to make a crossbow also indicates the crafter should use iron and not steel. So, the in-game recipe matches the in-game recipe book, even if neither match the physical card shown above.

It's possible the recipe was intentionally changed as part of a sanity/balance pass on crafting after the cards were sent off for manufacturing. Like the manual they will eventually become largely obsolete as more changes are made (if that happens).

Well, it's much easier to just change both the ingame recipe and the ingame book description instead of printing new cards. There is imo no reason why the crossbow has to be made with iron intead of steel... wink

WOOS
T
journeyman
journeyman
T
What weapons did you try with the Joshua Spice?

Two-handed sword, Two-handed axe, One-handed sword, One-handed axe, dagger, club, hammer, bow, crossbow, staff, spear.

Last edited by Tommy123; 10/07/14 01:42 AM.
P
P
Okay, so this is weird. Either a bug or something I didn't know about the KickStarter...

In the Objects data there is LOOT_Kickstarter_Pouch_JoshuaSpice. In the ItemCombos there is LOOT_Pouch_JoshuaSpice. There is no LOOT_Pouch_JoshuaSpice in the Objects data. Given this I'd suspect we need to change the recipe data to use LOOT_Kickstarter_Pouch_JoshuaSpice as that is what you are holding.

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
[CR 4] Improved Cloth Armor +Sm, Def | Leather Scraps + Any Cloth Armor

Simply does not work

Tryd it with every possible slot, im cr4 but it doestn even show "crafting to low".

Last edited by Actionhanz; 10/07/14 03:25 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Actionhanz

Simply does not work

Tryd it with every possible slot, im cr4 but it doestn even show "crafting to low".

Maybe it'a cloth scrapes instead of leather scrapes? Would make sense to me...

Last edited by LordCrash; 10/07/14 03:41 AM.

WOOS
P
P
Originally Posted by Actionhanz

Simply does not work

quick test please: For the same armor that you cannot apply Leather Scraps could you apply various Essence? Also, could you give me the name of the cloth armor?

Edit: quick test #2 - Craft cloth armor (cloth scraps + normal needle & thread) then add the leather scraps (CR4) or metal scrap (CR5).

Edit2: Robes do not count as "Cloth Armor" for some reason. Pooh. However, I did get it to work with crafted cloth armor. I'm not sure how to visually tell which cloth armor counts as Cloth Armor v. Leather Armor.

Last edited by PatrickSJ; 10/07/14 03:52 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
Okay, so this is weird. Either a bug or something I didn't know about the KickStarter...

In the Objects data there is LOOT_Kickstarter_Pouch_JoshuaSpice. In the ItemCombos there is LOOT_Pouch_JoshuaSpice. There is no LOOT_Pouch_JoshuaSpice in the Objects data. Given this I'd suspect we need to change the recipe data to use LOOT_Kickstarter_Pouch_JoshuaSpice as that is what you are holding.

Over on this thread there's instructions on how to push a mod onto an existing savegame. I used those steps to make a couple proof of concept recipes in ItemCombos / ItemComboPreviews and they worked in my current save.

Then I went ahead and "fixed" the Joshua Spice recipes based on the bug you pointed out. That did the trick! smile (I went ahead and made a recipe of carrot + pear to produce the spice, so I could test it with what I had on hand.)

So, technically we could fix them - or, well, add a whole bunch of new recipes for stuff that's "missing" - right now without waiting for Larian. But maybe that needs a different thread of its own... wink

P
P
Originally Posted by unuroboros

Over on this thread there's instructions on how to push a mod onto an existing savegame. I used those steps to make a couple proof of concept recipes in ItemCombos / ItemComboPreviews and they worked in my current save.

Then I went ahead and "fixed" the Joshua Spice recipes based on the bug you pointed out. That did the trick! smile (I went ahead and made a recipe of carrot + pear to produce the spice, so I could test it with what I had on hand.)

So, technically we could fix them - or, well, add a whole bunch of new recipes for stuff that's "missing" - right now without waiting for Larian. But maybe that needs a different thread of its own... wink

That is great news! Do you want to take ownership of such a mod? If you start the thread I'll add the bugs I've observed thus far.

journeyman
journeyman
It's going to be a tough sell. For it to work on an existing savegame folks would have to jump through a lot of hoops. (It felt easy to me but then I've done a lot of modding in the past.)

I'd want to involve the community in deciding on what ingredients should be required for the missing recipes too, like some arrowheads.

Anyway, I'll get a thread started on the mods forum, build a little starter mod that just fixes Josh, and post a link here. Hopefully that invokes some corollary of Murphy's Law and Larian releases crafting fixes tomorrow. smile

journeyman
journeyman
Alright, here's the mod:

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=515001

Fixes Josh, and uses earth resistance potion for smokescreen heads, but it should probably be a different reagent for those.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Good job. Here are two minor errors I found:

Large should be made up of Mediums.

[CR 2] Potion (Medium Healing) | Small healing potion + Small healing potion
[CR 3] Potion (Large Healing) | Small healing potion + Small healing potion

Why list it twice?

[CR 0] Wood Chips & Branch (x2) | Log + Axe
[CR 0] Branch (x2) & Wood Chips | Log + Axe

P
P
Edit: Nevermind

Last edited by PatrickSJ; 10/07/14 08:40 AM.
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by Spirit
Good job. Here are two minor errors I found:

Large should be made up of Mediums.

[CR 2] Potion (Medium Healing) | Small healing potion + Small healing potion
[CR 3] Potion (Large Healing) | Small healing potion + Small healing potion

Actually you can make large ones from small potions with CR 3+ skill, I have been unable to make them from medium potions myself

Originally Posted by Spirit

Why list it twice?

[CR 0] Wood Chips & Branch (x2) | Log + Axe
[CR 0] Branch (x2) & Wood Chips | Log + Axe

Just for ease of viewing some people maybe looking for branches and some looking for Woodchips but not reading whole recipe when skimming through, I know ctrl+f is hard to use but working in a helpdesk environment I try to make things as simple as possible smile

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by unuroboros
Alright, here's the mod:

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=515001

Fixes Josh, and uses earth resistance potion for smokescreen heads, but it should probably be a different reagent for those.

Awesome work on this, hope you don't mind but stuck a link to your mod on the opening thread so people can find it easier.

Also Thanks PatrickSJ you continued efforts to find the little issues, troubleshooting and find solutions well smile

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by Tommy123
[CR 4] Add Poison Damage +Sm, Poison DMG | Any Weapon + Poison
[CR 4] Add Water Damage +Sm, Water DMG | Any Weapon + Essence of Water
[CR 4] Add Fire Damage +Sm, Fire DMG | Any Weapon + Essence of Fire
[CR 5] Add Fire Damage +Lg, Fire DMG | Any Weapon (Except Staff) + Joshua Spice
[CR 4] Add Earth Damage +Sm, Earth DMG | Any Weapon + Essence of Earth
[CR 4] Add Air Damage +Sm, Air DMG | Any Weapon + Essence of Air

Adding essences needs CR 5, adding poison needs only CR 1 ... both add 15% of weapon damage. If you apply multiple elemental enchantments the previous gets replaced. The recipe with Joshua Spice doesn't work.

Have fixed these CR so all essence are 5+, have left Joshua spice in list due to the mod fix by unuroboros

Originally Posted by Gyson

[CR 2] Boosted Shield | Metal Shield + Anvil
  • Boosted Metal Shield Upgrades
    [CR 2] +Sm, Durability
    [CR 3] +Sm, Blocking
    [CR 4] +Med, Blocking
    [CR 5] +Lg, Blocking

This doesn't seem to be correct. I have a crafting rating of 3 and a boosted metal shield still yields a durability buff, not a blocking buff.

Also edited the this to say BR3 instead of CR2

S
stranger
stranger
S
Is there a way to make crafted stuff magical or better? It seems I always just can make a staff or armor with only +1 to 1 stat (random), what is kinda dissapointing. (lvl 16 only 1 in blacksmith, I will try to get more here since I'm curious on how big it affects dmg and armor buffs)

[CR 5] + Sm, STR & Sm, DEX | Any Weapon + Tormented Soul
[CR 4] + Sm, PER & Sm, DEX | Bow + Sextant
[CR 5] + Sm, PER & Sm, DEX | Crossbow + Sextant
[CR 5] + Sm, Sneaking | Any Apparel + Void Essence
[CR X] + Immunity to Falling/Slippery | Any Footwear + Nine Inch Nails

Would be so create if there were more of these with other stats.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard