Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#514998 10/07/14 07:40 AM
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Many thanks to Rhidian for the tutorial that helped me create this. smile

This is a mod that includes a custom ItemCombos.txt and ItemComboPreviews.lsx. These are the files that define all of the game's crafting recipes. The intent of this mod is to provide a somewhat crude solution to recipes that are currently broken, or seem to be missing.

REALLY SUPER IMPORTANT: For this mod to work in an existing savegame, you will need to use an LSB renaming trick that Rhidian explains in this thread. Really boiled down version: Activate this mod, make a new game and save it, take that game's LSB and put it into your existing save game's folder, renaming it to replace the LSB that's there.

This mod is very much a work in progress. Now up to v03, I've covered: Joshua Spice, crafted shields, fixed magic big chicken / sharp claw, making all kinds of scraps, and several arrowheads: smokescreen, fire, water, and freezing.

It requires manual extraction so you'll need a little know-how to get it into your game. I'll give it plenty more polish if it does prove useful to the community.

Here's the link, to v03:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ckcnjxwm4jhygd/Fixed%20and%20Missing%20Recipes%20v03.7z

Last edited by unuroboros; 11/07/14 08:10 AM. Reason: v03
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I'm not married to the recipe for smokescreen by the way. That's mostly just a way to really see that the mod is working. Since earth seems more associated with poison, it doesn't actually seem like the logical component. Any thoughts on what it should be?

P
P
Issues
Cannot craft Homemade Shields because Barrel Lid does not drop nor for sale
CONT_Barrel_A_Lid_A + LOOT_Rope_A = WPN_CraftedShield_01
CONT_Barrel_A_Lid_A + LOOT_Rope_A = WPN_CraftedShield_02
CONT_Barrel_A_Lid_A + LOOT_Rope_A = WPN_CraftedShield_03

Replace
LOOT_Foot_Chicken_A_Big + TOOL_Pouch_Dust_Pixie_A = LOOT_Foot_Chicken_A_Magic
with
LOOT_Foot_Chicken_A_Big + TOOL_Pouch_Dust_Pixie_A = LOOT_Foot_Chicken_A_Magic_Big

Replace
LOOT_Claw_A_Sharp + TOOL_Pouch_Dust_Pixie_A = LOOT_Claw_A_Magic
with
LOOT_Claw_A_Sharp + TOOL_Pouch_Dust_Pixie_A = LOOT_Claw_A_Sharp_Magic

Replace Transform Code
Transform1 > CON_Food_Dinner_A + CON_Food_Tomato_Sauce_A = CON_Food_Stew_Elven_A
with
Destroy2Transform1 > CON_Food_Dinner_A + CON_Food_Tomato_Sauce_A = CON_Food_Stew_Elven_A

Nice to have
- Recipe for Cloth, Metal, and Plate Scraps. There would balance issues as this allow too much recycling, but live off the land challenge! No merchants!
- Recipe for other arrowheads
- Recipes for Strong Sinew same as Sinew
- Recipes for Adult Antler same as Antler

P
P
Originally Posted by unuroboros
I'm not married to the recipe for smokescreen by the way. That's mostly just a way to really see that the mod is working. Since earth seems more associated with poison, it doesn't actually seem like the logical component. Any thoughts on what it should be?

Maybe a Fire Arrowhead + Cloth Scraps? It doesn't fit the theme of arrowhead recipes, but...

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Thanks for the quick replies. smile I will start work on all of those now. I do need someone to test this thing and tell me that it really does work, too. wink

Maybe barrel lids could be crafted from barrel + axe?

P
P
Thanks for the quick replies. smile I will start work on all of those now. I do need someone to test this thing and tell me that it really does work, too. wink

Maybe barrel lids could be crafted from barrel + axe?

Someone posted that they were removed in Alpha/Beta because they had balance issues as they made traps too easy. Perhaps Barrel/Crate instead of Barrel Lid?

Edit: Then again, I do not know how many types of barrel there are. Tricky.

Last edited by PatrickSJ; 10/07/14 07:55 AM.
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Barrel lids did? Now I'm wondering how...

If there's a category for barrel I could use that. For right now I'll use the plain barrel_a, plus rope. Can always change our minds later.

I'll change smokescreen to use cloth scraps too, yep.

For this one:

Transform1 > CON_Food_Dinner_A + CON_Food_Tomato_Sauce_A = CON_Food_Stew_Elven_A

It looks like the dwarven actually have the same bug. They use Transform1 so they leave the mug of beer behind. I'm correcting those two recipes as well.

I'm going to attempt to produce cloth and leather scraps by combining armor with a knife. Scale scraps with a hammer. This is experimental land so I'm not even sure the recipes will work. Will post back with results.

P
P
Thoughts on non-existent arrowheads recipes

Fire Arrowhead = Arrowhead + Cloth Scraps (auto-lit on fire?)

Smokescreen Arrowhead = Fire Arrowhead + Cloth Scraps (for more smoke?)

Water Arrowhead = Water Arrowheads do not exist in game

Freezing Arrowhead = Water Arrowhead + Essence of Air (too expensive?)

stranger
stranger
Missing arrow recipees should be:

- Smokescreen Arrowhead = Fire Arrowhead (fire) + Slow Arrowhead (oil)

And should require crafting 3-4+ this is a real powerful arrow since it "blinds" targets without any need for rolling, use this in front of your close combat characters and just wait for the enemies to enter the Cloud.

- Water Arrowhead = Bottle of Water (must be a bottle) + Basic Arrowhead

Crafting 1 as this arrow is mostly useless

- Fire Arrowhead = Basic Arrowhead + Any fire Source

This recipes in RL should be very easy craft, but since fire is such a powerful ingredient in other recipes in-game I think crafting for this arrow should be +4-5 also to force players to have to find on the game until they can actually craft them (like skill book crafting and scroll crafting)

P
P
Apok.pt: you make some good points and it explains why it may have been left out of the game. However, the recipes that rely upon Fire Arrowhead such as Steam & Explosive have a lower crafting level (CR2 & CR3 respectively). Perhaps... perhaps we should consider forcing players to us alternative sources of fire (telekinesis + candles?) when low on fire arrows?

With regards to the smokescreen I wasn't thinking of the balance changes, but sticking with existing crafting requirements, i.e., CR1 to make a smoke arrow. I admit that the arrow is very good, but the trend of recipes for arrows is that arrowhead crafting level = arrow crafting level.

Your thoughts?

journeyman
journeyman
I like the idea of below

[CR1] Water Arrowhead = Water Arrowheads do not exist in game - Bottle of Water + Arrowhead
[CR2] Fire Arrowhead = Arrowhead + Cloth Scraps or maybe campfire/forge?
[CR3] Smokescreen Arrowhead = Fire Arrowhead + Oil Barrel (Wont be able to use cup of water or will conflict with explosive)
[CR2] Freezing Arrowhead = Water Arrowhead + Essence of Air (too expensive?) Freezing is quite powerful so I don't think this is to expensive.

CR level to keep in line with other recipes while trying to maintain some balance.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I have also found smokescreen arrows to be pretty powerful, especially in choke points. Made my Pontius fight pretty easy. wink The other AoE type heads do require 2-3, but I think this one should be 4. Since 4 is kinda a whiff level right now anyway, with most good stuff being either at 3 or 5, seems like.

I like that idea for its recipe too. I'll change it again... wink

I've got scraps deconstruction recipes generally working.

You guys have an opinion on a recipe for empty potion flasks? Such as empty bottle + oven, CR2?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Essence of Air is a very rare drop though... for the 10 or so arrows you can make with that recipe in the whole game it doesn't seem like a good idea wink

How about making it craft with a arrow head + skill-book ice shard in a 1:5 ratio?

If we talk about cloth-scraps, there needs to be a way to reduce robes (of any kind) to cloth scraps (Guess in a 1:3 or 1:5 ratio), because cloth scraps are otherwise probably even rarer than air essences ;p They are, after all, rarely if ever sold in stores.

Ps.: Empty potion bottles should imo not be craftable wink There are a LOT of them around in certain places, and to players who care these places are a big reward factor.

Last edited by eRe4s3r; 10/07/14 09:15 AM.
journeyman
journeyman

You guys have an opinion on a recipe for empty potion flasks? Such as empty bottle + oven, CR2?

I'm pretty sure I have seen broken glass in the game maybes its possible to forge broken glass in Forge/oven to make empty option flasks [CR2] Seems fair.

If so maybe a 2nd recipe for
[CR0] Hammer + Empty Bottle = Broken glass, could make use of a useless item

Edit:
Originally Posted by eRe4s3r

Ps.: Empty potion bottles should imo not be craftable wink There are a LOT of them around in certain places, and to players who care these places are a big reward factor.

This is also true, don't think I have ever really had an issue with potion flasks.

Last edited by Angry Dave; 10/07/14 09:18 AM.
P
P
I literally meant that there was no such thing as a water arrowhead object. No icon, no stats, no nothing. A lot more work than just a recipe would need to be done. Of course this means that my original suggestion for the freezing arrowhead recipe is not possible, so perhaps essence of air with a regular arrowhead?

Fire arrowheads plus barrels of oil or cup of oil equals an explosive arrowhead right now. You be changing those recipes so they don't conflict with Dave's suggestion smoke arrowhead? Fire arrowhead plus water equals steam right now.

Perhaps we can just use regular empty bottles as potion flasks? No need to put them in the oven.. I agree with the fact that there are enough potion flasks already.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Hrm. Scraps are starting to confuse me. In the Engine I see scraps for cloth, leather, metal, scale, and plate. I can't tell what the correct corresponding armor categories are though. (Actually I'm looking for some kind of list of all the categories, haven't found it yet.) Are there actually three different armor categories to match? And why do metal scraps improve cloth armor? Bah! :p

P
P
In the Armor, Shield, Weapon, and Object XLSM files there is a column called ComboCategory. That indicates what is combined the ItemCombos.xlsm category columns.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by PatrickSJ
Fire arrowheads plus barrels of oil or cup of oil equals an explosive arrowhead right now. You be changing those recipes so they don't conflict with Dave's suggestion smoke arrowhead? Fire arrowhead plus water equals steam right now.

I like the fire arrowhead + slow arrowhead idea. Though I really appreciate there's lots of different feedback in the thread already. I really don't want this mod to be "mine" as much as it is the community's. smile

Perhaps we can just use regular empty bottles as potion flasks? No need to put them in the oven.

On second thought I agree with the thoughts above. There are enough empty flasks, it requires exploration and planning. It bothers me a little that flasks are part of the arrowhead workflow... but I can see that filling that gap is probably too much of a good thing.

Going to wrap up with v02 in a bit here and call it a night!

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
In the Armor, Shield, Weapon, and Object XLSM files there is a column called ComboCategory. That indicates what is combined the ItemCombos.xlsm category columns.

Oh, perfect! Handy reference I wasn't even thinking of. smile Been doing all this work in Notepad++ because I'm just nerdy like that. ;3

P
P
So, does that mean that the need to consume two arrowheads to produce one arrow will be a balancing factor in exchange for a lower crafting level on the smokescreen arrows?

Edit: with regards to using barrels having given it some thought I think it is a bad idea. What happens if you try to combine a barrel with content inside of it? Perhaps an existing crafting ingredient or common object should be considered.

Last edited by PatrickSJ; 10/07/14 09:33 AM.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard