Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
V
veldt Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
I've seen a similar thread but my problem is farther into the game. I've just unlocked the armory, Zixzax stands outside it and says the usual line "I wonder what awaits you in the next chamber. I wonder what they'll say." I go into the armory, explore the place entirely, see no one to talk to, so I leave, but Zixzax is still standing near the portal saying the same thing. I leave the End of Time, use a blood stone, getting another star stone, go back to the End of Time, but no additional portals are opened and Zixzax won't talk to me, still saying the same line. I read in the other thread people had this problem and fixed it by killing him or teleporting him, I did both several times. If I KILL him I can talk to him but he won't move, and also won't open additional portals. Needless to say, this bug breaks the game. Anyone else experience this and manage to fix it?

V
veldt Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
I've verified the game data on steam, reinstalled the game, even booted back to an earlier save but still the same thing happens. If it's relevant at all, this happens after breaking the big bloodstone, completing the quest where the Homestead is under attack by demons.

I'm hesitant in progressing the story any further since unlocking all the homestead rooms is required to finish the game. Rather not waste time if my save is completely screwed.

V
veldt Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
5 star stones later and Zixzax is still in the same spot repeating the same line. The triggers that open the portals should really be changed from requiring Zixzax top let you through the portals to the portals just opening after acquiring a star stone.

Hi,

Could you send us a report.zip from our support tool? It will allow us to check your D:OS logs and figure out what went wrong.
It can be found here: http://www.larian.com/OriginalSinAlpha/AnalysisTool_DOS.exe
Simply run the tool and click generate report, then send this to supportdos@larian.com with a small description.

Thank you

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
How did you exit the chamber ?
I have noticed that if you use the Rift Travel icon to teleport to the end of time it will not trigger Zixzax. You have to use the portal from the chamber.

V
veldt Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
I used the portal to exit the chamber, my journal even updates derp derp we found an armory etc. Anyway, emailing the report.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Originally Posted by Issh
Hi,

Could you send us a report.zip from our support tool? It will allow us to check your D:OS logs and figure out what went wrong.
It can be found here: http://www.larian.com/OriginalSinAlpha/AnalysisTool_DOS.exe
Simply run the tool and click generate report, then send this to supportdos@larian.com with a small description.

Thank you
Because I am having a variety of similar problems with the scripts/triggers, I downloaded this tool with the intention of generating and submitting a report of my own. Unfortunately the tool keeps locking up at 50% when trying to generate the report. The "Start Test" button works fine, and tests my system okay, but this tool won't generate reports for me.

I let the tool run for 20 minutes, but it won't progress past this point. It also gives an Unhandled Exception Error when manually closing the program after it get stuck trying to generate a report. Is there perhaps a new version of the tool we should be using since there was a game update this morning/last night?

[Linked Image]

Support
Support
Originally Posted by kerzain
Unfortunately the tool keeps locking up at 50% when trying to generate the report.

If you have a lot of saves, try waiting longer, or move most of them to another location temporarily, and see if the analysis tool will generate a report then.
Each save is a folder in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames' folder.

FWIW, I had no problem generating a report.zip file with the current analysis tool. I've only got about 65 saves in a couple profiles (My Documents D:OS folder is 1.3GB): the report took just under a minute to create (Core i5 3570K, 16GB RAM); time was only slightly faster running the program from an SSD (Windows) than an HHD (games), though it is reading off the SSD either case, so that isn't surprising.

old hand
old hand
I'm having this same issue. Zixzax hasn't opened any portals except the Hall of Heroes.
I created a report but it's 300mb. How can I send that?

Is it possible to complete the game with this bug if it can't be fixed?

Support
Support

In the Hall of Heroes, did you talk to the spirit there, and take the portal back to the main area in the End of Time?

Double click the report.zip file to open it in Windows Explorer, go into the profile's savegames folder and delete most of the saves. In this case you'd probably want to keep the save just after getting the second star stone, the first after visiting the Hall of Heroes, maybe a couple after other star stones, and your latest save.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Raze

In the Hall of Heroes, did you talk to the spirit there, and take the portal back to the main area in the End of Time?

I don't know what I did the first time. That was many hours ago.
Tried loading an older save and it didn't change anything.

Last edited by SniperHF; 13/07/14 02:06 AM.
N
stranger
stranger
N
Hey,

Me and my friend playing coop are having a similar issue. We just opened Halls of Secrets, and Zixzax won't recognize that we entered it. We have like, 6-7 inert stones on the bags and he'll just stand there..

"WELL.. AREN'T YOU GOING TO LEAP THROUGH? WHO KNOWS WHAT WONDERS AWAITS YOU!"

We tried killing him, but he instantly respawned. All that achieved was we losing 10k gold to have him talk to us again.

Any thoughts? Or is our save screwed?

Support
Support
Originally Posted by SniperHF
I don't know what I did the first time.

If you return to the Hall of heroes, is there an NPC sitting at the dining table? Check the mini-map for green dots. If not, then you probably talked to her; return to the main section using the portal, and see if Zixzax reacts (should run over to the weaver, at least when you just have that room opened; don't know if you would need to exit and return to trigger the next portal).

V
veldt Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
V
Wow seems to be happening to a lot of people. Still no luck on my end as well.

journeyman
journeyman
jus happen to me actuayl....

he repeats "WELLLL ARENT U GOIN TO LEAP THRUU?? MM?" abotu 100 times

can u gyus help at all i don wanna start agian pls ;__;

Spaghetti is life, Spaghetti is love.
journeyman
journeyman
ive eated a lot of blud diamonds but nothin is happenin still

ive done most areas

C
stranger
stranger
C
I am having a similar issue. However, I have progressed past this point. I entered the hall of heroes, talked to everyone, and left, and Zixzax moved back to the front of the hall. My problem is that he doesn't do anything now. I have gone through most of the Cyseal map, picked up several stones, but nothing changes on the Homestead. I didn't ever click on the pyramid stone, and so I think this may be why I can't progress in the Homestead. Now when I click on it, I get transported to Cecelia's room, but she's just standing there ( no bath dialogue ) and the door is locked ( can't exit unless I use the stone/waypoint ). I've played on another save and at this point I should at least have the bedroom ( change looks ).

journeyman
journeyman
actualy works now jus relaoded an did somethin different

i opened fiyah portal b4 now i open air

Support
Support
Originally Posted by ChrisYui
picked up several stones, but nothing changes on the Homestead.

Did you use the star stones, if they were not automatically triggered (and now inert)?

T
stranger
stranger
T
Having the same exact problem as Nerinna, nothing past the Hall of Secrets gets opened.
Might have something to do with the scantily clad Source-Goddess-Lady not initiating dialogue with me when I enter, she just stands there staring. Can't talk to her at all, and the goblin keeps waiting on what we found inside the portal.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard