Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
L
L
With regard to unique and legendary items, I'd say that each "zone" boss should drop one unique tied to that boss, and another tied to one of the bosses you've already defeated. For example, Braccus drops his axe, and one other unique weapon related to one of the sub-bosses in Cyseal, like a spear related to the twins, or a staff that was once used by Evelyn.

V
journeyman
journeyman
V
Lord Crash - thoughtful suggestions, I think all of them are good enhancements to the game. Thanks so much for this thoughtful post. I can see it comes from many hours of engagement with the game and with listening to players constructively. I hope these ideas get implemented.

Hiver- yet again you stick your beak in like a venomous twelve year old living in an intellectual desert of yourself. They even put you in the game as an angry agressive merchant of crap. Owned by the devs, LOL.

stranger
stranger
Well thought out suggestions,
I might prefer to "identify" items individually, as I immediately see if it's a useful item, and to whom I might want to send it.

As for the Hiver, lets see what l-space has to say about him/her/it:
http://wiki.lspace.org/mediawiki/index.php/Hiver
Hiver
A strange organism in many ways. They are [...] incapable of thought. [...] They are parasitic.

N
journeyman
journeyman
N
Originally Posted by LordCrash
1) New and improved journal for better orientation/questing

I think this would be too much work, work better spent on other improvements. I don't really see a need for it, as I find the current journal perfectly fine.

2) Hotkey for the hotbar and more hotbar space

Yes.

3) Add "repair all" and "identify all" for the whole party

No way! This removes the feel of having certain characters taking the specific roles. I like to have one character that identifies and one that repairs - because I chose them to be like this. This just makes the game more streamlined, I don't like it at all.

What I will put in its place, is the ability to have a "transfer all" option, which allows you to transfer everything in one characters inventory to another character in one click.

4) Apply sneak command to every linked party member

Maybe. But it really doesn't add much for me.

5) Enable shared gold between linked characters

Yeah, maybe.

6) Enable walking on the map

Sure, why not.

7) Add inventory sorting filter for "item type"

Meh, not really. You already have the categories on the side bar for armour, miscellaneous and what not. So this feature doesn't add much for me.

8) Relocate crafting/blacksmithing notifications to the actual inventory screen

Eh.

9) Display equipment comparison of each party member in bartering

Sure, why not.

10) Make quest items unsaleable and undisposable and give them a special tab

No way! Again, this is a stupid change. This game is meant to be thought about, it is a good crpg designed for you to think about every item you have. In these games, you might come upon a rock, and this it is useless at the time, but it could turn out to be really helpful later down the road. By adding what you suggest, it gets rid of this though process. So no!

11) Disable crafting if no further improvement is possible

Sure, why not.

12) Add legendary/unique stuff to boss drops and treasure chests

Yes.

13) Disable the random system for spells and ingredients at merchants

No! I like the random system thank you.

14) Fix the trigger for the attack on the Homestead in Phantom Forest

Not up to here yet. Thanks for the spoiler.

15) Disable rot infection in Hiberheim

Ah, nope. Adds to the freeness of the game. It allows you to experience stuff you have no clue about, so you need to figure it out...

16) Disable multiple pets (for kickstarter backers)

Don't have this, so moving on.

17) Add a dialogue option in Cyseal for information about the region

Sure, why not.

18) Add sarongs made for non-intelligence based classes/chars

Yes.

19) Add endgame content to the game (lvl 20 bosses)

Definitely, yes.

20) Make endgame content more difficult/balanced

Ah, depends on how difficult we are talking about. I don't want too much difficulty. If it is going to be difficult, then the rewards have to be really worth it.

A
stranger
stranger
A
I agree with pretty much every suggestion except the "identify all" - because it takes away the supprise effect when identifying a new item.

What i dont understand is Hiver seems like he simply wants to be against the OPs suggestions for some odd reason.

"Horrible suggestions. Most of them heavily break the fourth wall only for your personal laziness ease of use issues"

Completely disagree.

Last edited by Areason; 10/07/14 09:02 AM.
G
stranger
stranger
G
I'm actually thinking about making mod with identify all and repair all stuff, if it possible in current editor

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by MogwaiX
Originally Posted by Hiver
You two shouldn't represent your own personal devolved superficial thinking as truths.

I don't think they did.

You dont think? eh?

Neither of those things are tedious or clunky.

Some of them definitely are.

Is that a reverb? A parrot? I mean beside being someone who thinks just stating something makes it true - just because you said it? Didnt you comprehend that my point was that their personal dislike of something doesnt make that something actually tedious and clunky?

So... you simply repeating that doesnt achieve anything except make you look like someone not capable of coherent thought.

This is not about any kind of superficial notion of "charm" either. You only leaped to grab onto that term because it diminishes the actual role of these things into some sort of personal preference and implied nostalgia - which is all crap you want to push in as relevant.

Where's all this coming from?! The game already runs on nostalgia! Your points about why something should NOT be changed are run on nostalgia!

Yeah really? You will just declare it is so?
Despite my points being explained specifically just a post ago?

Are you screaming at me?

Where in this sentence is the internal coherence and consistency of the setting, the story, the game and its specific gameplay? Where is the importance of the world and characters in it compared to those cheap metagaming desires of two spoiled, devolved lard-asses?

"When you know you can rip the arms off a person, you do not need to be an internet tough guy."

-Me

hahaha

I cant even...

Youll have to explain this logic procedure to me more precisely there...

Is that some kind of a threat? As a reply to an answer talking about internal consistency and logic? Or are you just having gigantic brain farts?

Or is it some kind of psychological problem of a deeper nature?

Or is it a physical problem? Chemical imbalance of some kind?

Glands?

Worse?

All of the above?

How does one character identify items others are holding exactly?
How does one character fixes all items at once?

Oh come on! They stand next to each other, point and ask. They throw stuff on the ground and say "Fix this."
wink
[/quote]
Where? In your head? Plenty of room there, eh? Or should i say ... space?

...Right now I'd suggest you should go get some air. Fast.

oh look, its capable of writing an incoherent, desperate one liner reply that has nothing to do with that its was replying to.

I'm not so sure HE'S the ignorant one...

Keep going, two incoherent, nonsensical, retarded one liners in a day!

A personal record?

....And there you go raging again like a twelve year old.
You aren't twelve, are you? wink

If i was you would be in the negative scores.

Options to make the game more playable, less like an excel-sheet.

Larian, did you hear that?
Yer game there is like an excel sheet to this fine specimen of devolution and so you need to streamline the shit out of it.

Is there anything at all behind those declaratory empty statements except vacuum of your heads?

Sigh.

hahaha

Sigh? Thats your reply there?

hahaha

btw, there is no chance in hell that you will get most of those wishes, especially 19 and 20, any time soon, if ever. Because the game is done. Its finished. You will only get patches, fixes and smaller corrections.

And THIS IS BECAUSE YOU SAY SO. Right?
[/quote]

Nooo... It is because devs and reality say so. The game has been released. So its finished. its not in development anymore?

pro tip, you cant just throw in attempts at reverse psychology anywhere you want at random.
It has to make sense, unfortunately for you.

-

Thanks for supporting my side of the argument with such ... flare.
Ill sure use you as a primary example. The crown jewel proof.

L
L
Originally Posted by Nightblaze1

13) Disable the random system for spells and ingredients at merchants

No! I like the random system thank you.

The problem is when you have no upgrades to buy because the merchant shows the useless crap you don't need.

The random system is too random. I don't know how many times I've seen a merchant with multiple low-level skillbooks of the same skill.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Goldseeker
I'm actually thinking about making mod with identify all and repair all stuff, if it possible in current editor

That would be nice. Thats what mods are for, among other things.

Originally Posted by Areason
I agree with pretty much every suggestion except the "identify all" - because it takes away the supprise effect when identifying a new item.

Surprise effect?

Technically speaking, isnt the surprise effect the same whether you identify one item or a whole batch?

What i dont understand is Hiver seems like he simply wants to be against the OPs suggestions for some odd reason.

And you get to that conclusion because you dont understand? Logic based on ignorance?

Completely disagree.

I completely disagree with that.

Whatcha gonna do now, eh?

Im not sure does it serve any purpose to explain my reasoning AGAIN, because obviously some people simply dont read any of it and some arent capable of understanding even the simplest sentences.

But, not to get lost in this rabbit hole of quotes of devolved, inane, incoherent limited minds...

The whole story goes like this:

The issue whether to identify all or repair all touches significantly on the games treatment of characters as clearly delineated individuals.

I do like that in this game each character is an individual and that their mechanics display this and reinforce this directly. One of the ways they do so is through separate inventories and by having all of them have separate items and separate money.

I find that great. I missed it a lot over the years where all games were forced into the samey same mish mash of mass market features of ease of use for morons.

I love the fact that any character has his own money, and that i have to actually give him an item to identify or repair.

That strengthens the individuality of them. From the inside of the game, internally. Its an internal consistence and coherence effect. Therefore it is good for the whole of the game. It may be a seemingly small feature but the game is a whole made out of such small parts.

Affect and change the parts - you affect and change the whole gestalt.

SECONDLY - these things are made such as they are because of co-op gameplay, where each character is actually a different INDIVIDUAL PLAYER, so no... you cant just automate everything and push everything into some blender of features for your own selfish "ease of use" of things that are not actually tedious or clunky, regardless of what personal dislike you may have because you are A DRONE.

Hope this helps.

Additionally, there are much more actual game enhancing suggestions to make about the whole system of durability and repair, as well as importance of Loremaster skill and identification of items.

For example, durability has been made a complete non issue in the few last versions of beta - for some reason - which makes repair a superficial gimmick.

The devs even added UNBREAKABLE items - all to stop one segment of players from CRYING about their self entitlement issues. And the made items repairable even when they completely break down - and repairable with minimal skill in crafting or blacksmith - ON TOP OF THAT.

I would rather bring back the durability mechanics as they were - which would make the whole Loot system much more important again!
And make Blacksmith - Crafting skills more valuable then they are now. Because as they are now, you may as well remove them completely!

As for identification - the whole thing was already heavily streamlined!

You never ever find any item that you cannot identify with 2 points in Loremaster in the whole Cysael anymore! Blue, green or yellow - it doesnt matter! Your beginner character can identify all of them! So you dont have to pay for identification to anyone! Or search for NPCs with higher Loremaster skills then yours! The game even nicely gives you items that boost your loremaster skill along with other ones - just so some players wouldnt start crying how something is "clunky" or "tedious" or difficult. Or harkens back to "nostalgia" and other such stupid, idiotic, retarded strawmans, arguments from ignorance and other assorted empty fallacies.

And all that streamlining isnt enough.

It will never be enough because there is no end to that non-logic nonsense.

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Hiver, you make some valid arguments in amongst the vitriol!

However, everyone is entitled to their opinions and some of the other's suggestions are good!

Can I ask, have you considered anger-management classes at all?

IT'S JUST A GAME!!!

old hand
old hand
Entitlement to opinions is not the bloody issue or a problem. Thats a strawman argument from those who have nothing else but incoherent, based on nothing - opinions.

Either take an "effort" to read what ive said previously or dont address me at all.

Especially not with more stupid strawmans and ad hominems about anger management issues, you twat.

IT'S JUST A GAME!!!

And that means exactly what?

Do tell us. It will be very elucidating.

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Think I'll leave it there thanks smile

M
addict
addict
M
Originally Posted by Goldseeker

Yes please!

stranger
stranger
Entitlement to opinions is not the bloody issue or a problem. Thats a strawman argument from those who have nothing else but incoherent, based on nothing - opinions.

Either take an "effort" to read what ive said previously or dont address me at all.

Especially not with more stupid strawmans and ad hominems about anger management issues, you twat.

IT'S JUST A GAME!!!

And that means exactly what?

Do tell us. It will be very elucidating.

Dude, you are trolling these forums, responding to every suggestion people make with disdain and downright disrepectful behaviour. Get a life?

If you really need that look in the mirror, here is one for you: your current post count compared to your join date of 18/3/14. How many posts is that, per day?

I rest my case. If you ever consider being constructive in any topic, I'll start paying attention again, for now the name 'Hiver' on this forum means I'm skipping the post. You have nothing to add to any discussion, that much is clear.

Now, On topic;

I see a bunch of sensible suggestions really, but I don't think all of them are possible because of certain design choices. To elaborate:

(1) Journal ease of use: not necessary and one of the game's design choices I would say - you are supposed to read, and keep up with your journal updates. Doing that, there is no need for more management than the already present 'filter completed' checkbox. The game wants you to read that thing.

(4) Sneaking linked: not needed. It is small trouble to unlink if you want to sneak, and if you stay linked, maybe that is a choice you wanted to make. 'Auto' sneak should not be in the game, because the game does nothing automatically and this is not the game that wants to do things automatically - you as a player initiate and execute every action.

(5) Shared gold: no. Consider having all your gold on your bartering character and that guy dies in combat, but you can escape (flee combat) with the rest. This is a game element: you need to resurrect that character to get your hands on your gold stash again, and this adds a touch of roleplay and realism. There are lots of instances where this could realistically happen and cause you as a player a heap of problems - that is exactly the way it should be!

(6) Walking on map: the average game map is not large enough to justify this. It takes a couple of minutes to run from one end of the map to the other and introduces a heap of pathing issues (you can't see whether you are clicking on unpassable terrain on the map).

(7) Inventory sorting: this is already in the game, in the shape of Backpacks, that specifically tell you they are the means to sort your inventory.

(9) Equipment comparisons: not possible because you are always bartering with the character that initiates the talk. If you change characters within that conversation, you are just using the inventory of other party members, but not their skillset. This way a party leader can barter for the rest of the party, so this is a game element.

(10) Quest item tab/locks: No. The game asks players to pay attention and KNOW what the quest items are and which are not. This is a game element. For example, in Cyseal there are two necklaces that have a hexagonal shape. I'll keep it at that so as not to spoil too much here.

(12) Legendary and Unique drops: are already in the game. Pay attention or play more.

(13) Non-randomized vendors: No. Vendors change inventories when you level up. This is fine and encourages checking back, adding to playtime and replayability.

(15) Hiberheim rot. Is a game element, no.

(17) Dialogue options. I don't see the point. But the game could use more background lore.

(18) Sarongs for non-int.: Not needed. If you want that Sarong get a +1 Int on some other item you equip. This is also a balancing element.

(19) Endgame content: this is not an MMO. It is a story-based campaign you are playing. We have a mod community and possibly a future expansion to accomodate for this.

(20) Endgame balance/content: maybe, but there is always the difficulty setting you can use. If anything, the game needs a higher difficulty setting above Hard.

As you can see, there are some severe issues with many suggestions because they clearly go against the design intent of the game. Consider this smile

Last edited by Vayra; 10/07/14 11:29 AM.

The only constant in time is change
M
addict
addict
M
Originally Posted by Vayra

(7) Inventory sorting: this is already in the game, in the shape of Backpacks, that specifically tell you they are the means to sort your inventory.

I think the OP is talking about the auto-sort icons, which Larian did implement, but only for things like item value, weight, etc. - which aren't nearly as useful as "sort by type." Yes, the inventory screen does have separate categories, but there's still no proper sorting at a level more specific than these categories (e.g. one-handed weapons vs. two-handed weapons vs. body armor vs. helmets within the "Equipment" category, etc.). And containers like backpacks are definitely nice, but that requires a lot of manual sorting - I do of course use them, but it's not the same as what we're talking about here (or at least what I'm talking about). Proper auto-sorting - along with a fix to make your inventory screen item grid order be consistent with the barter screen item grid order - is needed to fix the current clunky mechanics for ordering/selling junk you don't want to keep.

old hand
old hand

Dude, you are trolling these forums, responding to every suggestion people make with disdain and downright disrepectful behaviour. Get a life?

Get a brain?
Youre obviously missing one.

Is that "disrespectful" maybe? What exactly do you expect coming in a just lying like that?

If you really need that look in the mirror, here is one for you: your current post count compared to your join date of 18/3/14. How many posts is that, per day?

w..t...f?

I rest my case.

You... rest your case? hahaha

If you ever consider being constructive in any topic, I'll start paying attention again, for now the name 'Hiver' on this forum means I'm skipping the post. You have nothing to add to any discussion, that much is clear.

Because you just said so ?

Constructive as you are - eh?

I guess youve read any of my posts so you can claim none of them are constructive - just because it fits your idiot agenda?

And im supposed to care that someone who is intellectually deficient and doesnt add anything better then simpleton insults and some sort of devolved ego tripping will skip my posts?

by the way...

Your replies to 20 points are mostly completely wrong.

In addition to the one Mikus quoted above, this one is really funny too:

(10) Quest item tab/locks: No. The game asks players to pay attention and KNOW what the quest items are and which are not. This is a game element. For example, in Cyseal there are two necklaces that have a hexagonal shape. I'll keep it at that so as not to spoil too much here.

- YOU CANNOT SELL QUEST ITEMS. They dont appear in trading inventory at all. Especially those two hexagonal necklaces. And there are three of them all together.

or this one:

(5) Shared gold: no. Consider having all your gold on your bartering character and that guy dies in combat, but you can escape (flee combat) with the rest. This is a game element: you need to resurrect that character to get your hands on your gold stash again, and this adds a touch of roleplay and realism. There are lots of instances where this could realistically happen and cause you as a player a heap of problems - that is exactly the way it should be!

Have you ever tried opening the inventory of a dead character?

Ever?

What exactly could realistically happen and cause you as a player a heap of problems.... in the context of that paragraph...? What... lots of instances? of what?

... you mean not being able to get the... gold stash from the dead character?

NO. Because thats practically impossible to achieve in this game because 1. you can open dead characters inventories
2. you can teleport the dead body almost anywhere including Homestead

3. You really dont need the gold for most of the trading anyway.

stranger
stranger
The reason for the game not sorting by type does have its reasons:

- items are not categorised by types as they are in other games. Tooltips say what items do, loot has rarities and stats, but other than that, an item is an item. In essence players can 'use' every item in several ways - even loot.

- categorisation by type also inherently reveals too much about the usefulness of certain items. Just like a Quest Item tab would destroy much of the obscurity in the game and automatically 'solves' puzzles in the game, categories would do the same for several other aspects of the game such as crafting. You are supposed to try this and find it out yourself, or use the crafting manuals to learn more.

The only constant in time is change
M
addict
addict
M
Vayra, I see your point, but as I and others have pointed out, the inventory system is still a bit of a mess. I'm still hoping for improvements through patches... or mods. wink

old hand
old hand
Whhhaaaaat?

hahaha

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Thanks for all the thoughtful responses (excluded the ones from a certain person I ignore on this board).

I will read them all and reconsider my suggestions based on your feedback. smile

Last edited by LordCrash; 10/07/14 12:49 PM.

WOOS
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard