Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#515287 10/07/14 12:40 PM
LeBurns Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Is the murder quest supposed to be close to be solved by the time you finish the first map?

I've been all over town. All over under town. Found the dead sheep in Jake's grave. Found some notes in that trapped house near the fire field. I spoke to the mage that hired us again and he talked about three people going in Jake's room before he died and all that. Nothing points me to anyone other than Jake's wife and she just denies everything.

I think I'm at the point that I'm ready to be spoiled as I'm obviously not going to get it unless the last clue is in the NW corner of the map as that's all I got left to find.

So, if I've missed something please let me know and tell me what it is. If I just haven't gotten there yet (it's in the NW or on a different map) just let me know so I can find it myself.

Thanks.

LeBurns #515293 10/07/14 12:44 PM
stranger
stranger
Didn't you find Evelynn yet ?
Because the answer is near where you fight her.

LeBurns #515311 10/07/14 12:54 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by LeBurns
Is the murder quest supposed to be close to be solved by the time you finish the first map?

I've been all over town. All over under town. Found the dead sheep in Jake's grave. Found some notes in that trapped house near the fire field. I spoke to the mage that hired us again and he talked about three people going in Jake's room before he died and all that. Nothing points me to anyone other than Jake's wife and she just denies everything.

I think I'm at the point that I'm ready to be spoiled as I'm obviously not going to get it unless the last clue is in the NW corner of the map as that's all I got left to find.

So, if I've missed something please let me know and tell me what it is. If I just haven't gotten there yet (it's in the NW or on a different map) just let me know so I can find it myself.

Thanks.

Have you found evidences in Esmeralda's house? Have you talked to the Thelyrion again after doing so? Have you been in Evelyn's house?

Last edited by LordCrash; 10/07/14 12:55 PM.

WOOS
LeBurns #515312 10/07/14 12:55 PM
LeBurns Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
No battle with her. Is she the one just hanging out at the clinic?

LordCrash #515313 10/07/14 12:57 PM
LeBurns Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by LordCrash
Originally Posted by LeBurns

Thanks.

Have you found evidences in Esmeralda's house? Have you talked to the Thelyrion again after doing so? Have you been in Evelyn's house?

Yes, yes and yes. You are talking about Jake's widow and the girl working in the clinic right? The mage just told me that three people were involved, but nothing else really helpful.

LeBurns #515326 10/07/14 01:10 PM
veteran
veteran
The murder quest is really a side-quest of Cyseal, so yes... it should be done once you're done with Cyseals map, provided you actually went all the way to solve it.
Since there's many different ways to do so, can't really give much of a guide or it becomes really spoilery...

LeBurns #515338 10/07/14 01:20 PM
old hand
old hand
The girl working in the clinic is Evelyn.

Jakes widow is Esmeralda.

You can find two pieces of circumstantial evidence in Esmeralda's house - that you say you found.
The third piece is a note you can find in the murder location room in the tavern.

- then you confront Esmeralda with all three and that moves the plot forward.

- or you can use pet pal and talk to some animals... which is a second path by which you can solve it.

- third being just brute force.

and you can also talk to the mortician about a sheep in a grave which will cast some additional pointers your way.

But, overall, it is not necessary to solve the quest to move forward in the game. Its just useful because you get a lot of quests, xp and loot that way.

LeBurns #515347 10/07/14 01:28 PM
LeBurns Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Strange. I've talked to all the animals I know of and have the note from the murder room. I must be missing the items from Esmeralda's house. Is there a way to get in without breaking in?

I never could find the mortician. I went all through his house with the bodies in it. Also his hideout in that house by the fire land. But never found a mortician. I was looking for him because I wanted to ask him about that sheep in the grave. Oh well I'll check again.

Thanks.

LeBurns #515380 10/07/14 01:57 PM
veteran
veteran
Go up the stairs?

LeBurns #515449 10/07/14 03:10 PM
old hand
old hand
If you went into the hideot in the east...that should also have moved the quest forward. there are clues there.

Mortician Roberts is indeed in the upper floor of that house. Most of the time.

You never saw any big dog anywhere? really?

Hiver #515468 10/07/14 03:24 PM
LeBurns Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Hiver
If you went into the hideot in the east...that should also have moved the quest forward. there are clues there.

Mortician Roberts is indeed in the upper floor of that house. Most of the time.

You never saw any big dog anywhere? really?

Dog? I've talked to some cats and got them hooked up. Some rats will tell me about traps and such. There was a dog next to a grave that basically told me that Jake wasn't in the grave ... and he wasn't. Some dog outside helped me kill some wolves, but then he just disappeared (I was hoping I'd get a pet).

LeBurns #516033 11/07/14 01:34 AM
LeBurns Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Well I talked to the Roberts, got more info on the lamb, but little else. He suspects Evelyn but I can't even find her now. The legionnaire leader still isn't helping.

I did get into the church can cleared it out. I went downstairs but couldn't get past the barrier. I need a necklace but none of the cultist had one.

So I still can't solve the murder, can't find Evelyn and can't get past the barrier in the church basement.

Help?

LeBurns #516199 11/07/14 06:49 AM
B
journeyman
journeyman
B
Sounds like you have skipped a lot of content.

So, Evelyn has gone, did you go the healers house then, did he say she had gone but left her backpack?

Did you then get her backpack and enter her house where her diary and a reveal spell are found?...

Which when you read the diary it puts a marker on your map for her laboratory, and at the location you read the reveal spell to reveal the entrance.

This portion of the game leads you very well in where you need to go.

Check your journal. I get the idea you don't really read anything in the game though.

LeBurns #516205 11/07/14 06:53 AM
old hand
old hand
Ok, if Evelyn is gone then you did advance the plot forward.

The dog in the graveyard can also help you find who did it. By sniffing out clues you bring to him. if you talk to him you will get that option.

Evelyn escaped into her secret Lair. You get info about it if you go into her house in the city, just behind of doctors house. If the doctor is still there he will tell you to go check her house.

She left the key in a small backpack in the room where she was healing those two people.
Otherwise you can break in.

Her secret lair is in the northwest area, that you get to by passing through the cave with renegade Sparkmaster 5000.

And to enter it you need a special "reveal spell" that you can find in her house, among other things.

LeBurns #516405 11/07/14 11:45 AM
LeBurns Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Looks like all I've missed is going to see the doctor. To be honest I didn't know he had a house in town so I'll have to go find that. I assumed he lived in that locked up section of the clinic.

My journal says nothing about going to see the doctor though ... or to talk to the dog again.

Thanks.

Last edited by LeBurns; 11/07/14 11:45 AM.
LeBurns #516411 11/07/14 11:54 AM
Z
stranger
stranger
Z
Read what bluestone said, pretty much what u need to do, and what you seem to have missed.

The doctor Thelyron is usually in his clinic on the map, he tells u she left something behind in the room next door, find a backpack with her house key, everything falls into place after.

LeBurns #516428 11/07/14 12:18 PM
LeBurns Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Well I know he's not in the clinic. I've been in there a half dozen times wanting to sell stuff. Unless he's behind that locked door, but I wasn't wanting to break into the place.

LeBurns #516436 11/07/14 12:22 PM
Z
stranger
stranger
Z
if hes not in the clinic, hes in the church i believe (another quest advanced him there), near that wall shouldnt have missed him there chilling with zombie.

either way I think you can find her backpack without talking to Theylron anyway, or try to see if theres a convo option about evelyn when u see him in the church to make it spawn?

if he isnt in the church next to the control stand, i believe u need to finish the murder (fight the prime suspect in lab) then go back?

Last edited by Zebragum; 11/07/14 12:23 PM.
LeBurns #516442 11/07/14 12:30 PM
LeBurns Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Ok but I've cleared the church expect for the magical barrier location below the church. He isn't in the church ... unless he's past the barrier I can't get through. Not sure what you mean by control stand.

Man I don't know why this is so screwed up. I tried to be through, I tried to talk to everyone (and thing) and read everything (believe me I'm very anal that way). But it seems like I've fallen through some hole in the flow chart as far as how to advance this quest. frown

Last edited by LeBurns; 11/07/14 12:32 PM.
LeBurns #516476 11/07/14 01:01 PM
Z
stranger
stranger
Z
yea something is odd here we are missing something, i guess wait for someone else that knows whats up to reply, if i recall there was a control panel u push to unlock the barrier to fight the boss, im at a loss smirk

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard