Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
I'm having a heck of a time here. Been at it for over an hour and I can't even make it past the first area with the 3 knights wandering around. I already went through hiberhelm and got the witch. I only have one character with anything invested in sneaking so 3 of my characters sneak at a snails pace. Am I forced to invest in sneaking to get through here? The pyramids don't work in the mine so that's not an option. Any tips would be very welcome. I'm getting pretty frustrated.

N
stranger
stranger
N
I got my rogue to sneak in and made my mage use invisibility spell to get past them. IIRC when you switch to a different area with a loading screen your entire group will magically join you on the other side.

Overall a bad area IMO. required a lot of meta gaming and save scumming.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Ya, I hated this part as well. Just so you know, in case you didn't already, at the entrance of the mine, you can destroy the collapsed rubble and take the left path. It's slightly easier than the other path.

veteran
veteran
Easy way (without any sneaking):

1) First go left and free the miners by destroying the totem (and get the password for the door.
2) Split the group and let one char with invisibility scout the area until he finds the second portal. Walk back to the group.
3) Leave the mine with the whole party.
4) Teleport the whole party to the second portal in the mine.
5) Follow the southern way to the east.

This way you never have to sneak once. wink

Last edited by LordCrash; 11/07/14 04:04 AM.

WOOS
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by LordCrash

1) First go left and free the miners by destroying the totem (and get the password for the door.
2) Split the group and let one char with invisibility scout the area until he finds the second portal. Walk back to the group.
3) Leave the mine with the whole party.

To skip a step or two, you can just take the first portal with the members of the party left behind to the second one, without any need to come back with the sneaky one or leave the mines.

K
stranger
stranger
K
If you don't want to cheese it, you can actually do this (and do it more efficiently) by not sneaking. Watching the patterns and move. The speed you lose during a sneak makes it pointless without the movement perk.

veteran
veteran

I found it very hard to make the way over the trapped area with the hole Party. They are to slow to reach the way without been seeing the knigths. I go only with my ranger, kill the one enemy group there, flee (make the way back to the portal) and then again and again, until all enemies dead and the ranger is reaching the door ... I was suprised that the hole Party was automaticly teleported there, after my ranger reach the last fight.

Last edited by Alix; 11/07/14 05:42 AM.

Alixdragon -==(UDIC)==-
Der einzige Mensch, der Dir im Weg steht, bist Du.
B
journeyman
journeyman
B
Originally Posted by Alix

I found it very hard to make the way over the trapped area with the hole Party. They are to slow to reach the way without been seeing the knigths. I go only with my ranger, kill the one enemy group there, flee (make the way back to the portal) and then again and again, until all enemies dead and the ranger is reaching the door ... I was suprised that the hole Party was automaticly teleported there, after my ranger reach the last fight.

If you are sneaking you don't need to go fast over the mines, the death knights field of detection doesn't stretch that far. I did it with my whole party and I never put any points into sneak.

Link Copied to Clipboard