Next Thread
Print Thread
#516390 11/07/14 11:17 AM
N
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
Why in in the later stages game are almost never encountered initial warrior skill books? I went through most of the game and then I needed to to reallocate its own characteristics. All warrior skills learned at the time disappeared. I bought most of their skills again from traders, but few books entry level skills (eg dust devil) disappeared forever from the sale. For sure, I have raised three traders attitude toward himself to 100 and bought all their skill books, which they traded at the moment. Made after save game and got lvl up. When I returned to the traders, they sold the exact same book as the ones that I bought from them before.
How will the redistribution characteristics of the character I return the lost warrior skills if they are not sold anywhere else?
Sorry for bad english.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Dust devil and whirlwind do not show up on vendors. I didn't pick dust devil when creating my character so I didn't have the skill for the whole game. There is only 1 skillbook of whirlwind found as a static item so if you want to respec once you start getting tenebrium weapons you are screwed.

I played the game and didn't see dust devil or whirlwind on any vendor and I checked every level and played for about 70 hours. The same issue occurs with walk in shadows. You either pick it at level 1 when making your character or you have to wait until you unlock the air elemental portal at your homestead which takes a while.

Whirlwind should be available from vendors, though I don't think there is an actual Dust Devil book. The other skills should all be available from vendors after a few refreshes if not the first time.

N
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N

Well, I think the developers should think about this problem. The ideal solution - allow reallocate specific skills or perks, and not all at once. Why do I need to drop a branch with all the skills of a warrior if I just needed to increase resistances?

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
Originally Posted by Issh
Whirlwind should be available from vendors, though I don't think there is an actual Dust Devil book. The other skills should all be available from vendors after a few refreshes if not the first time.

I have seen people say they've seen it on Aureus when they were level 4-7. But level 15+ I have checked countless times (I spent an hour quickloading to refresh his inventory) and he simply will not carry that skill book. Which makes me unable to respec, since Whirlwind is arguably one of the most powerful skills at my warrior's disposal (along with Flurry, for which there are skill books aplenty).

I understand Larian wants to hide some skills in the game, force you to explore the game to find certain skills. But there should be options to retrieve these skill books elsewhere once you've found (and used) them. I can't see a good reason for not putting the skill in vendor inventories after you've found the book. All it does is prevent me from respeccing the way I want. Or maybe change the respec process: Have a separate screen where you can allocate your stats and skills, and when you press 'finish' those become your new skills/stats and any skills you've learned that won't fit anymore are removed. Or allow us to pay obscene amounts of gold to receive skill books for skills we already know. Something, at least.

J
apprentice
apprentice
J
I'm really frustrated as I didn't pick up Dust Devil either, and now that i have room for 5 abilities at level 5, I wanted to go pick it up and can't get it anywhere. frown

Already spent like 20 hours hauling out every possible thing up until this point. Can't bare to restart just for Dust Devil skill. What a shame.

Larian Studios can you please add this in as a common vendor item on Aureus.... This is driving me mad.

JpBruiser
P
journeyman
journeyman
P
Originally Posted by Athildur
Originally Posted by Issh

I have seen people say they've seen it on Aureus when they were level 4-7. But level 15+ I have checked countless times (I spent an hour quickloading to refresh his inventory) and he simply will not carry that skill book.

Yes, based on that statement from one person, I tried it around a dozen times at each of levels 4-7 and didn't find any Whirlwind skillbook there either.

I concluded that either he was pulling my leg or simply mistook the skill for another.

On the positive side, having Whirlwind isn't critical to being a man-at-arms damagedealer, it is merely very, very, useful. It would be much worse to lack the flurry skill, for instance.

Either case, anybody starting a man-at-arms based damagedealer needs to pick up Dust Devil at startup.

Having default starting classes, i.e. the ones that are premade to make things easy for new players that don't make up their own character based on knowledge of how useful various skills are, that leave out skills that cannot be acquired later in favour of starting with skills that can are jokes!

When I said death before dishonour, I meant it alphabetically.
P
journeyman
journeyman
P
Originally Posted by JpBruiser

Already spent like 20 hours hauling out every possible thing up until this point. Can't bare to restart just for Dust Devil skill. What a shame.

Consider reconsidering.

This is a quite long game by 2014 standards and it is something that will annoy you to the very end. You'll play through the first part of the game much quicker the second time around.

When I said death before dishonour, I meant it alphabetically.
T
T
Originally Posted by Peter Ebbesen
On the positive side, having Whirlwind isn't critical to being a man-at-arms damagedealer, it is merely very, very, useful. It would be much worse to lack the flurry skill, for instance.

This is totally false. Almost all fights are over before Flurry is required when you have whirlwind. It's special when you actually get to make use of flurry. Even dust devil doesn't see that much use, though it's certainly more important than flurry in terms of how often it would be useful.

I can say that Whirlwind is the single best Man-at-Arms skill. Rage is second, but only if you have Whirlwind. Battering Ram is third.

J
apprentice
apprentice
J
I reported this bug and got a response already:

Dust Devil is currently NOT in the vendor list, this has been passed along to design. Thanks for the report.

- I have docked like 36 hours, but starting to see how I could really maximize my game play a bit further. And honestly, I'm not that Far in I don't think, I am level 7 now....

I spent so much time reading every last word in conversation, every book, etc. etc... organizing my bags, stealing, breaking open boxes with black smith hammers I stole and repairing them, playing RnG with save / reloads on chests and vendors, and playing around with combat mechanics.... I think I could get up to the same spot in under 10 hours, and save my stealing en devours for hired henchman later on.

Part of me wants to continue, my warrior is actually a hybrid warrior / ice mage "Arthas", and I have plenty of skills tot compensate for the lack of dust devil. IF I were to restart, I would take off lone wolf, grab 4 party members, and play on HARD. However, I'm waiting for the companion visuals bug to be fixed before dedicating a new play through on 2 new bald ugly henchman...lol.

PS: you must try this if you like customization! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhErycQxHmM
You can fully make your own henchmen with this, (just don't cheat!). There is a bug where the 3rd henchman you hire has MAJOR reduced attributes, 8 less of the 28 you start with, almost 30% weaker than your other characters... This "tool" should help you fix that problem.

JpBruiser

Link Copied to Clipboard