Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Klixen Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I'm just wondering if it's possible to mod the number of Action Points my characters have?

I've looked at the templates for FemalePlayer and MalePlayer in the Editor, but couldn't find anything that pertains to Action Points.

Would it be possible to bypass the Editor altogether and just edit my savegame Globals.lsb file to give my characters more Action Points?

If so, does anybody know what program to use to edit the .lsb file?

N
stranger
stranger
N
Can't you put more points to Speed and Constitution? The Lone Wolf with Glass Cannon also good way to sky rocket your AP.

N
apprentice
apprentice
N
The character.xlsm / character.txt file contains information about the individual's action point - where you can increase your hero's or increase it based on the difficulty. You can also increase the enemies amount of action points. You find these files once you unpack the main.pak

Klixen Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Aha thanks n1xOr!

I have the unofficial unpacker, but I'm not sure if I should use it or not. I don't want to mess things up, so I might wait till Larian release some official means of unpacking the files.

At least now I know it can be done smile

old hand
old hand
Klixen I don't see that as an issue. In this case you simply make a copy of Main.Pak, never needing to touch the one the game uses. Unpack it, then go into character.xlsm with ecxel, you'll see the where to change it in the spreadsheet. Then you save that. Run All.xlsm, click generate. It creates actual data files from the spreadsheets. Then you place this folder Stats into where you place mods. So in this case no original file is ever messed with.

Klixen Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Ah I see!

I might give it a try then. My only problem is that I don't have Ecxel, would Notepad do the job?

Klixen Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Okie Dokie I managed to get my hands on a PC with Excel installed. This is what I've done:

* Made a copy of all the Main.Pak files
* Unpacked them with lstools
* Opened Character.xlsm in Excel, made changes, saved file.
* Opened All.xlsm in Excel and clicked Generate.
* Copied the new 'Stats' folder to my Divinity-Original Sin/Data/Mods folder in the root directory.

It doesn't seem to work frown

I tried it with an existing save game and a new game. But no joy.

What did I do wrong?

Link Copied to Clipboard