Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by Issh
The person at the other end might not have responded but rest assured we are looking into this.

Excellent, thanks for letting us know. I can't wait to start playing the game again.

M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Any updates devs? Do you expect a solution or should we start over?

C
stranger
stranger
C
Good question -- hopefully the savegames are salvageable. No mention of this issue in yesterday's patch, but I read in a different thread that another patch is expected today...

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
Yikes thats a nasty problem, sorry OP!, if it helps theres another new patch coming with texture optimizations mabye it will help your issue!

quoted "I'm currently finishing up an optimization for the texture streamer, that seems to greatly reduce stuttering, expect it soon :-)" -around 3am today(fri

S
stranger
stranger
S
Latest Patch [1.0.63] significantly improved performance on my laptop. Thanks guys.

M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
They emailed saying to expect a fix in the next major update sometime next week. So that's good.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by mformule
They emailed saying to expect a fix in the next major update sometime next week. So that's good.

Good to hear, looks like we still have a to wait a few days though. Better than nothing!

C
stranger
stranger
C
Has anyone with this issue been able to test 1.0.72 yet? I didn't see specific mention of this issue in the changelog, but I could have missed something. Unfortunately I won't be home to test any time soon.

C
stranger
stranger
C
I only had a chance to take a quick look just now, but this does seem to be fixed!

U
stranger
stranger
U
I am on v1.0.74.0 of the game and I am still experiencing a similar problem. My framerate problem hits me right from the main menu.
Like others, the first session I played everything was great and I was cruising along smoothly.

Then a couple of days later I started up the game and the framerate on the main menu was hovering in the single digits. I can quit and go back in and sometimes it's low, and sometimes it's high. I've seen up to 113fps (in fraps) on the main menu, but even then, when I actually start playing the framerate plummets, and like others have described, deteriorates as I play. Other times, the framerate is terrible from the main menu on. (teens to 20s). No fancy combat going on, just walking around Cyseal. I'm only 3 hours into the game. Just now when I went back into the game to check the version number, I was seeing 60fps steady with frame rate limiting on. When I quit 2 minutes before, I was seeing high teens. It's all over the place.

I've tried with and without CROSSFIRE enabled and there doesn't seem to be much difference. I've also tried with and without vsync, and with and without framerate cap.

My system is 16GB, i4470k cpu and dual Radeon 7950s in crossfire and an SSD. Resolution is 2560x1440.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Sounds like a different issue if you are having trouble at the main menu. This one is tied to save games.

I
apprentice
apprentice
I
I was hit by this as described in wine so its (probably) not only a driver issue.

Anyway, the symptoms are > on load (load takes FOREVER) frame rate unplayable and unplayable for all saves you subconseqently do unless you revert to a older save game without the problem and revert back to the problem save game.

Even then the problem doesnt go away completely, for instance, enabling stealth mode afterwards makes it go back to single digit again (the grayscale shader invalidating a texture cache but still checking?).

A very strange cache is misbehaving here.

Game actually runs pretty good on minimal settings on this prehistoric portable (2009) here without this problem, i was surprised.

Last edited by i30817; 18/07/14 12:10 AM.
U
stranger
stranger
U
It's also a steadily decreasing framerate as I play. Save game or not. I'm now on 1.0.81 and it's still happening.

P
stranger
stranger
P
I7 4770k(oc a bit )
gtx 770 4gb jetstream (yeah)
8gb ram
win7

Here is a Image of the scene i was in
[Linked Image]

FPS was about 43. Everything on Ultra, only SMAA was NOT set.

I dont think this is good FPS for my system, it should be a lot more. The game doesnt look that good ( it still looks fantastic, but the texture could be higher) so i think it should be optimized a little bit more.

This scene god more action, fire everywhere tc and it dropped lowest to 42.

ps.

on very low i got 50fps.

Last edited by Primo37; 19/07/14 09:41 PM.
W
stranger
stranger
W
I'm still having the fps drop problem with the .132 update. It used to work fine (60 fps on ultra) until I got to the first town, then it drop to 50-40-20 fps... quicksave fix it for a time but not long.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Wally
I'm still having the fps drop problem with the .132 update. It used to work fine (60 fps on ultra) until I got to the first town, then it drop to 50-40-20 fps... quicksave fix it for a time but not long.

Definitely a strange sort of problem...I haven't experienced it with any version of the game so far (now .132). Also, I'm running higher res textures (mod) for almost everything in the game. I have, however, turned off texture streaming. All in-game settings maxed, save for bloom, motion blur, & DoF, which I turn off as I generally don't like those effects in most games. Post processing I run FXAA as I found I preferred it to SMAA x1. Single-player only.

2GB HD 7850 @ 1.05GHz core/5.2GHz vr
Catalyst 14.7RC3
FX-6300 @ 4.5GHz (stock voltage, stock cooling)
8 Gigs system ram
Win8.1x64 (fully updated) UEFI SecureBoot ON

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)
W
stranger
stranger
W
I've tried with low quality setting, everything off, still the same problem.

edit : seems like the game is running on only one core, I've read about that problem, is there a way to fix it?

Last edited by Wally; 31/08/14 09:39 PM.
L
stranger
stranger
L
I see this topic hasn't been updated in awhile, but I just recently started running into this problem myself. I've tried using older saves like suggested but the problem does end up reoccurring after sometime. I'm using a gtx 980, and was previously running at 60 frames without any issues for the previous 25 hours of play.

Are there any known fixes to this problem yet?

Thanks

E
Egg Offline
stranger
stranger
E
I posted a month ago similair problems on this forum, with fps dropping overtime from 60-20fps after 20-30mins of ingame play. I sent a email report to Raze using the DOS program recommended with my system info and detailed description of the probem. Since then my problem hasn't been fixed and it sounds like simailair problems are still happening related to fps drops. These problems have been ongoing ever since the game was released and reported.

This isn't a computer performance issue, the game is the issue because many systems of low and high spec have reported similair fps behaviour on different scales. The fact is the game only uses one CPU for many and that bottlenecks the entire system you run the game on, despite what spec you have. Why they haven't fixed this obvious problem yet is beyond me, which leads me to believe they cant fix the problem. Who releases a game with such potential and that only uses 1 cpu, its not the 90s anymore....

Its a shame when a game with such potential falls flat because it was rushed out the door with serious technical issues that breaks the game.

Ive been put off from playing the game, maybe a patch will fix the problem but with the track record since release so far on this fps problem, I have my daughts. The more i think about it the more I start to relise the company would probably have to redo the game entirely from ground up, using a new engine or someone hard coded something in that cant be fixed unless you dedicate alot of resources to. I get the feeling this major technical problems wont be fixed because from a business stand point its not finanically sound to do so. A friend told me the company is focusing on other projects now also which leads me to believe this game is now a cash cow to fund them.

Im sounding negative but ive been given no reason to be positive so far. I dont like giving my money to a company that i feel rips me off.

Support
Support

The release was moved back a couple times, and this issue was not reported during the alpha or Early Access periods.

There are several things being done to improve performance and multithreading. See the latest kickstarter update video and blog post.
The same engine is being used for Larian's next projects, so any improvements made for them will help D:OS, as well, as long as it is possible to maintain compatibility.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard