Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Asphen Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Sorry for my English (it is not my language)

Invulnerability
In this game you can be invulnerable:

- First you need to combo, leeche and comeback kid, all physical attack will let you at 1 HP and will bleeding you, so you are heal for 5% of your max heal.

(At this points only magical attack can defeat you)

- Now you need weather of storm and man at arm Lvl5 and big magical resit armor with rubis if you are warrior or just spam witchcraft spell for +50% resit all if you are wizard (+ 20% resit on your gear). (With 120% you can walk in lava and all spell do 0 dmg, with more you are heal by element)

(at this points poison can kill you)

- For poison the solution is simply zombie (leech work with zombi).

And now you are invulnerable versus physical, all magic school, and all tenebrium weapons (you take tenebrium dmg but the first combo work on it)

The only 3 way for kill you is:
-nerf your resit but I have nerver seen monster do that
-apply bleeding on your char (that create a glitch and you don t be heal on physical attack by leech but you will be heal full life at start of your turn, so enemy need to 1 turn you with physical attack to kill)
- tenebrium spell but I m never see that in game.

So I think it is little broken

Other problem of glitch/balance

- With vendor in the end of time (after TP, left and first portal on left) you can buy at refresh of vendor (each lvl) 2 books for 10000 gold each, who give you 1 attribute point and other give +3 skill point. It is totally over power, you lvl give you 1 attribute point or 1-3 skill point and book give you 1 attribute + 3 skill at all Lvl

- Your second knif need to haven t utility skill : it is possible to recruit Lvl1 and he will reach you Lvl automatically so you can have 1 NPC for craft, 1 for sell/buy at low cost, I think it isn t very normal.

-the daemon who sell respect, if you respect at Lvl 20 with lone wolf and you don稚 pick lone wolf after respect you keep you 19 skill points of lone wolf and you can now have a second knife with you. The right way: when any one respect he lose skill grant by lone wolf and when he pick lone wolf he gain 19 skill point.

-in the same daemon of respect: you can trade 1 talent point for 10 skill point and 5 skill point for 1 attribute point so you can have a talent who give you 1 attribute (bigger and better) and one who give you 2 skill point. Or for the same cost 2 attribute point or 10 skill point, it seems to be broken.

I really like this game but seriously the balance is: O_o.

If anything aren稚 clear I 鼠l try to remake the part of texte.

veteran
veteran
Nice finds, should be fixed/addressed (especially the ones under "other problem of glitch/balance").

WOOS
S
S
Originally Posted by Asphen

- With vendor in the end of time (after TP, left and first portal on left) you can buy at refresh of vendor (each lvl) 2 books for 10000 gold each, who give you 1 attribute point and other give +3 skill point. It is totally over power, you lvl give you 1 attribute point or 1-3 skill point and book give you 1 attribute + 3 skill at all Lvl

I think it works as intended. When playing normally, not rushing to find star stones, you'll get the room with Teller of Secrets at lvl ~12. Books refresh on lvl up, you'll get ~8 more levels, so with 4-people party, you will have additional 2 attribute points and 6 ability points from books on every char. Not really overpowered. Of course you can give all books to one char, but it also have downsides. Rest of the team will be weaker, and when your superhuman get cc'ed, you'll have a problem.

Books should be left as they are, but cheat with hiring henchmen just to craft/sell/identify etc. should be fixed. People will be forced to have more skills on their chars, instead of putting all AP in combat ones.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Tenebrium is a weapon type and seen in
Hunters Edge area

Seeing as how you have to do so much setup, it isn't exactly an easy invulnerability to reach. But I do agree that comeback kid and leech need a tweak in how they work with each other.

As for the books, if you think it's overpowered, don't use it. If you follow the storyline your main 2 heroes are
some sort of demigods so it would seem appropriate that you get some power boosts not accessible to the regular populace

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Shaki
Originally Posted by Asphen

I think it works as intended. When playing normally, not rushing to find star stones, you'll get the room with Teller of Secrets at lvl ~12. Books refresh on lvl up, you'll get ~8 more levels, so with 4-people party, you will have additional 2 attribute points and 6 ability points from books on every char. Not really overpowered. Of course you can give all books to one char, but it also have downsides. Rest of the team will be weaker, and when your superhuman get cc'ed, you'll have a problem.

I disagree. The game is easy enough above level 12 and making it even easier isn't the best idea. Myself, I opened the portal not before level 20 and I was already hugely overpowered without any help from books or stuff...

WOOS
C
journeyman
journeyman
C
I think this is mostly a problem with lone wolf characters. Distributing the books between just two characters, assuming you've picked one book every level, is fairly overpowered. The books should be a one time purchase IMO.

S
S
Originally Posted by LordCrash

I disagree. The game is easy enough above level 12 and making it even easier isn't the best idea. Myself, I opened the portal not before level 20 and I was already hugely overpowered without any help from books or stuff...

Yeah, but it is easy mostly because AI is completely stupid. That couple of points from books doesn't really make any difference for good player, who already is annihilating all enemies with ease. You would be just annihilating them a little faster. And no one is forcing you to use these books, if you want more challenge. But it can make a difference for some of the casual RPG players, who are constantly crying on forum because game is too hard for them. Also books are nice if you trying to play with only one character. Without many additional points to put in willpower/bodybuilding etc. it probably would be impossible to finish game solo, due to CC effects.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
I think it works as intended. When playing normally, not rushing to find star stones, you'll get the room with Teller of Secrets at lvl ~12. Books refresh on lvl up, you'll get ~8 more levels,

I'm wondering, what is the earliest you can get those books? And are there any star stone guides out there already?

veteran
veteran

Yeah, but it is easy mostly because AI is completely stupid. That couple of points from books doesn't really make any difference for good player, who already is annihilating all enemies with ease. You would be just annihilating them a little faster. And no one is forcing you to use these books, if you want more challenge. But it can make a difference for some of the casual RPG players, who are constantly crying on forum because game is too hard for them. Also books are nice if you trying to play with only one character. Without many additional points to put in willpower/bodybuilding etc. it probably would be impossible to finish game solo, due to CC effects.

Well, that's a sorry excuse. Nobody forces you to level up as well. Nobody forces you to use tactics in combat.

You can always make it incredibly difficult for yourself if you want so with discipline. But that doesn't mean that the base game should be incredibly easy, should it? wink

I also disagree about the stupid AI. AI is ok (at least most times). Enemies are just too weak. What shall they do if my characters are almost all immune to elemental damage and if I can freeze/stund/knock down them with ease? Even the best AI wouldn't solve or improve that if the player characters are just OP...

WOOS
enthusiast
enthusiast
Zombie very clearly states anything which would heal you and isn't poison should harm you instead. Therefore, if you have Leech and Zombie at the same time, standing in blood should hurt you. If it doesn't, that's a bug, and should be fixed as a bug.

S
S

I also disagree about the stupid AI. AI is ok (at least most times). Enemies are just too weak. What shall they do if my characters are almost all immune to elemental damage and if I can freeze/stund/knock down them with ease? Even the best AI wouldn't solve or improve that if the player characters are just OP...

Enemies should have more spells, and overall be stronger, but their plain stupidity is imo biggest problem. They completely don't care about friendly fire, rush through the fire fields even if it's certain death, attack completely randomly, don't care about positioning, use same element on char multiple times even if it's healing instead of damaging him, cast buffs/heals without any sense etc. And ranged enemies try to stay away from you - even if it means suicide by your attack of opportunity, and when they could kill you with one shot

You could summarize whole AI by:

"Use dmg spell on random enemy, or cast buff/heal on random friend. If on cooldown, use melee on random enemy.
If ure ranged - stay away from enemy.
If ure low hp - drink a potion."

Link Copied to Clipboard