Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
All of the major skill schools can unlock one or more Talents in the game, except for Witchcraft. It would be nice to reward it with its own perks. A few ideas that come to mind:

1. Staff of Magus gets a chance to cause fear when hitting an enemy.

2. Player has a chance to curse a melee opponent when struck, but can no longer be blessed or encouraged.

3. Immunity to bleeding.

Other ideas are welcome, I just think we need to see something special for putting in the investments. Thoughts?

Last edited by Windemere; 11/07/14 01:55 PM.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
veteran
veteran
Hm, you mean besides having the most powerful spells of all? grin

Immunity to cursing would be adequate imo.

Last edited by LordCrash; 11/07/14 02:00 PM.

WOOS
A
apprentice
apprentice
A
Originally Posted by LordCrash

Would also be useless if you are not using normal weapons, since curse only slashes your hit chance, which is something a mage doesn't use anyway.

I'd rather they get a small chance to bounce afflictions back to the attacker (i.e. a 5% per witchcraft point chance to not be affected by weak/cripple/bleed/etc, and if the status is prevented by this bonus it tries to apply itself to whoever used the attack)

OR just when you succesfully save against a debuff, the attacker gets debuffed instead. Witchcraft is all about inflicting various debuffs, so let them get some spiffy bonuses for that.

Or maybe grant something blood-related. Since blood is Witchcraft's 'element' (you get -1 affinity bonus when standing on blood with the elemental affinity trait), why not do something with that. Enemies in blood get penalties to resist your witchcraft spells or something. (or you give enemies penalties to resist your spells if you're standing in blood yourself. Maybe alongside a blood sacrifice spell where you harm yourself and create a blood surface to gain some kind of benefit, or hurt an enemy more like a reverse ranged vampiric touch)

Last edited by Athildur; 11/07/14 02:08 PM.
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Broom Riding: since you now hover over the ground on your broom, you no longer take damage from terrain smile (obvious gas/steam/smoke still applies)

veteran
veteran
On level 5 witchcraft your female mage just gets a lot of boils and a hooknose...

Last edited by LordCrash; 11/07/14 04:44 PM.

WOOS
L
L
Originally Posted by LordCrash

To be fair, you have hilarious combos in every school. Rain and any electric or ice spell is a crowd killer.

Oath is the best of the spells in WC, a lot of its debuffs do require you to be in touch range which kind of limits things...

apprentice
apprentice
I think this is a fair ask. I like witchcraft too, but am way more selective about its spells. There's no pressing drive for me to put it up to 5 without some truly nifty talent on the horizon.

I'm similarly picky with marksmanship skills--I only find a handful of them worthwhile in execution, but I upped that to 5 pronto just to get quickdraw.

Link Copied to Clipboard