Next Thread
Print Thread
#516800 11/07/14 06:58 PM
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
The game still has way too many issues to be ignored, ranging from gamebreaking bugs to plain imbalance.
I couldnt find a proper thread for release, so here it is

- Random loot generator is stupid, forcing save/load behaviour. Random drops should be generated at level load for example, not when you open the chest

- Puzzles doesnt make any sense "Find tiny switch on a dark side of cave, while game doesnt even hint you're supposed to solve a puzzle

- Experience is limited, while there is totally no penalty for having an NPC's, just doenst make any sense really.

- New NPC auto levels to your level, making it possible to stash "crafters" and other unitilty NPC in Hall of Heroes (intended? still stupid anyway)

- BUG! If you hire a new NPC, dismiss and hire again it will gain 200% all resist, lots of HP etc. Breaks the game totally

- Lore is delivered in huge tomes which feature two lines of text. what?

- NPC are ridicuously talkative, while featuring no dialogue varitaion. Even if you've long solved Jake Mureder you'll still get those lines from everyone in Cyseal

- The PC vs Monsters is heavily imbalanced. To the point nearly every combination is exploitable, making combat mundane at every difficulty level

There are actually tons of small bugs, illogical stuff, imbalance etc just would take too long to list it

There is totally NO excuse for all this, the game has been in development for way too long.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Actually most of the topics are already covered in one thread or another but anyways...

You've found the issue. This entire game is a scam. The studio just took your money. You'd better report this to BBB

N
stranger
stranger
N
IIRC in the first interview with the Escapist after the full release Swen said they were in a lot of debt and couldn't delay the game any longer.

They made a pretty great game for a very limited budget. Hopefully they will fix and optimize everything in time.

B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Why is everyone trying to excuse Larian? Does it make D:OS a better game somehow?
Its ok if the game would be made by 2 ppl, was totally indie etc
but its not
Early acess was lasting 2 years. The "we were running short on time" card is too late to play

My goal was not to accuse LS of anything, rather bring bugs/oversights to their attention
Even with its fixed the game would still be unexciting but at least it wouldnt feel like "still in beta"
So Id prefer if you stay out "give me my money back" discussion and focus on issues at hand.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
I'd prefer you post actual bugs instead of personal preferences but life is so disappointing sometimes

S
stranger
stranger
S
I just bought and downloaded this game tonight, and my heart started sinking pretty soon after starting. OK, I didn't give it much of a chance (about 30 minutes - only as far as arriving with my starting party in town after landing), but I've already put the game aside just after starting it. I might try it again if I get very bored some day.

Have the following personal gripes based on my admittedly very short experience:

1. Crafting. I really, really abhor the drudgery they call crafting in games. And the first stuff I find to clutter my inventory with is a bunch of irritating crafting ingredients... I know I could have checked this out before buying the game, but I'm lazy and had a free Friday night for game playing tonight, so I just bought and downloaded something turn based with good reviews(I almost exclusively buy turn based games).

2. Point of view. I find continually adjusting the point of view to whichever direction the characters are walking, and/or scrolling off the map edge to see ahead, to be a bit of a constant labour. I would generally like to zoom out much further. Even to be able to just zoom out to a broader overhead 2D simplistic overview of the surroundings for most of the game would be a great improvement, and then zoom in to 3D surroundings for any tactical combat.

3. NPC interactions. OK, I've only done about 2 or 3 NPC interactions in my very short in-game experience, but they seemed very underwhelming. Simplistic, clich馘 straight line conversations.

4. Why include all those starting classes, rather than just shape your speciality gradually during the game? Who will play the game again after finishing it once? Who will sit through all the same conversations and combats one more time with sligtly different starting characters?

Admittedly my experience with the game is pretty damned short, and maybe I missed some options/possibilities, but this game never even got me started, and it just didn't feel like fun. And I do get hooked on games, just looks like this won't be one of them.

Last edited by saltcreep; 11/07/14 09:03 PM.
R
RtM Offline
R
I HATE this game. I keep playing it and enjoying it BUT its not EXACTLY what I want. I want a game to be EXACTLY what I want at all times!! No excuses. Be better at the things that arent good enough!! In this one part I died and thats stupid because I should be alive....AT ALL TIMES. Plus some parts are easier and dont give me enough challenge. I feel like theyre insulting my intelligence. It should be much more difficult but with guides in case I cant figure them out. Dont get me started on turn based combat!! I want a 3D action FPS but in a Harry Potter world. With Machine guns too. I dont understand why RPG's dont have machine guns. If you can create magic of all kinds there should be machine guns at the very least. Bow and arrows...Pffft. Joke game.

9/10

W
stranger
stranger
W
Originally Posted by saltcreep
I just bought and downloaded this game tonight, and my heart started sinking pretty soon after starting. OK, I didn't give it much of a chance (about 30 minutes - only as far as arriving with my starting party in town after landing), but I've already put the game aside just after starting it. I might try it again if I get very bored some day.

Have the following personal gripes based on my admittedly very short experience:

1. Crafting. I really, really abhor the drudgery they call crafting in games. And the first stuff I find to clutter my inventory with is a bunch of irritating crafting ingredients... I know I could have checked this out before buying the game, but I'm lazy and had a free Friday night for game playing tonight, so I just bought and downloaded something turn based with good reviews(I almost exclusively buy turn based games).

2. Point of view. I find continually adjusting the point of view to whichever direction the characters are walking, and/or scrolling off the map edge to see ahead, to be a bit of a constant labour. I would generally like to zoom out much further. Even to be able to just zoom out to a broader overhead 2D simplistic overview of the surroundings for most of the game would be a great improvement, and then zoom in to 3D surroundings for any tactical combat.

3. NPC interactions. OK, I've only done about 2 or 3 NPC interactions in my very short in-game experience, but they seemed very underwhelming. Simplistic, clich馘 straight line conversations.

4. Why include all those starting classes, rather than just shape your speciality gradually during the game? Who will play the game again after finishing it once? Who will sit through all the same conversations and combats one more time with sligtly different starting characters?

Admittedly my experience with the game is pretty damned short, and maybe I missed some options/possibilities, but this game never even got me started, and it just didn't feel like fun. And I do get hooked on games, just looks like this won't be one of them.

I hate Baldurs Gate.
Man, I started and talked to this one Guy in Candlekeep and there was no voiceover! Maybe I try again if I am bored.

...not sure if trolling...

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by BelialRus

- Random loot generator is stupid, forcing save/load behaviour. Random drops should be generated at level load for example, not when you open the chest

No, it doesn't. Just be satisfied with what you get. No worry, the game is easy enough no matter what you get. Sooner or later you will find a nice weapon or just buy one. In 120h I never reloaded ONCE for better gear.

- Puzzles doesnt make any sense "Find tiny switch on a dark side of cave, while game doesnt even hint you're supposed to solve a puzzle

There are hints for almost every puzzle. You just have to find them.

- Experience is limited, while there is totally no penalty for having an NPC's, just doenst make any sense really.

I don't what you even mean with that.

- New NPC auto levels to your level, making it possible to stash "crafters" and other unitilty NPC in Hall of Heroes (intended? still stupid anyway)

So what? You found a glitch. Just don't use it. Problem solved.

- Lore is delivered in huge tomes which feature two lines of text. what?

It's a game from a small studio. They only have two writers for the whole game. Do the maths. I think everyone would be pretty happy if you would mod some bigger books in (given you can decently write).

- NPC are ridicuously talkative, while featuring no dialogue varitaion. Even if you've long solved Jake Mureder you'll still get those lines from everyone in Cyseal

Why do you care? That's complaining for complainings sake...

- The PC vs Monsters is heavily imbalanced. To the point nearly every combination is exploitable, making combat mundane at every difficulty level

That's called tacitcs or classic rock, paper, scissors in strategy games. What do you want? Enemies that can't be beatable at all?

There are actually tons of small bugs, illogical stuff, imbalance etc just would take too long to list it

There is totally NO excuse for all this, the game has been in development for way too long.

There is absolutely no excuse for such an offensive and ignorant post. I fear you have just no idea about how game development really works and that a small developer like Larian can only do so much in the given time. They did an indredible job and they surely haven't deserved such an offensive, nitpicking and entitled post like yours.

They also patch the game almost on a daily basis because they care. People these days...

WOOS
veteran
veteran
Why is everyone trying to excuse Larian? Does it make D:OS a better game somehow?
but its not
Early acess was lasting 2 years. The "we were running short on time" card is too late to play

Early Access was lasting since February, you genius. And the game is totally indie by definition...

My goal was not to accuse LS of anything, rather bring bugs/oversights to their attention
Even with its fixed the game would still be unexciting but at least it wouldnt feel like "still in beta"
So Id prefer if you stay out "give me my money back" discussion and focus on issues at hand.

Nobody dislikes feedback. But people dislike your offensive tone and your obvious entitlement. We see that you don't like the game. Play something else or at least try to be less offensive.

Last edited by LordCrash; 11/07/14 09:50 PM.

WOOS
S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Wildeskind

I hate Baldurs Gate.
Man, I started and talked to this one Guy in Candlekeep and there was no voiceover! Maybe I try again if I am bored.

...not sure if trolling...

Just stating my personal gripes.

Actually, back in the day I enjoyed playing through the original Baldur's Gate. Maybe my own preferences have changed, but I couldn't get far off the starting line with this game before boredom set in...

K
K
but its not

You honestly assume that 2-3 years is enough time to make a game of this size? Do you have any idea how this industry works at all?
Original Sin was rushed, yes, but it's getting great post launch support so far and that only looks to be improving further.
I'll take a diamond in the rough, over one of those polished AAA turds every single time.

stranger
stranger
Even with its fixed the game would still be unexciting but at least it wouldnt feel like "still in beta

OP is allowed to have his/her opinions, and I respect that, but what is up with people that call their opinion as fact. It gets me puzzeled every time.

Sure I agree that there are some bugs and rough edges, but I never played a game in the last 30 years that didn't had them in various degrees. They are still pushing out patches.

This another one. By whoms definition did it take "way too long"?

Obviously according to your critizism they released it too quickly, because that post gave me the feeling you thought it wasn't ready for launch yet due to "too many issues to be ignored" and "gamebreaking bugs".

I think this is a fantastic game. Sure I ran into some wierd things, and they should indeed be reported so hopefully the devs can fix a number of them, but I realy don't think your post is constructive enough so that Larian can actually do anything with it.

Saying something is stupid is realy not helping anyone. It comes off to me that you just wanted to rant instead of bringing ideas to the table on how certain things could be fixed/changed in your opinion for the better. Maybe then (or not) Larian can actually consider changing something for a better experience for you.

Last edited by DukeMcFishy; 11/07/14 11:01 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard