A
AdrianM Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
I'm LOVING this game so far...

BUT..

One thing that's driving me crazy (and perhaps this is a throwback to Balder's Gate and the CRPG's of old) is that I have to click on a character's portrait to select and move them individually.

I prefer to control my characters individually rather than have them chained together in formation (Not so much in safe-areas like towns, but in dangerous areas it's vital), but doing so becomes a real chore when I have to constantly move back and forth from the portraits to the characters on screen.

I can hover my mouse over a character and get their info, and I can't begin to tell you how great it would be at that point to just be able to left-click and have that character selected so that I can move/position them so much more intuitively.

If you guys could patch the game to make this so, I'd be immensely grateful! And if there's a way to do this already and I've just missed it, could someone let me know?

Thanks!

Last edited by AdrianM; 12/07/14 04:59 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
I don't know if it will help or if you already know about it, but you can drag the portraits away from each other and that will unchain them.

B
journeyman
journeyman
B
Haha "please patch the game to add a feature that is already in the game!"

Sound about right.

You obviously skipped the tutorial dungeon since you can't finish it without separating your characters.

Drag any character portrait to the right to break them from the grouping.

A
AdrianM Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Originally Posted by Bluestone
Haha "please patch the game to add a feature that is already in the game!"

Sound about right.

You obviously skipped the tutorial dungeon since you can't finish it without separating your characters.

Drag any character portrait to the right to break them from the grouping.

I guess I'm not being clear. I'm fully aware that you can break the chains which bond your party together. However, once separated you can only select your characters by clicking on their portrait. I'd prefer if you could select your characters by simply left clicking on their model in the playable space - which makes it faster to issue movement commands.

So for instance, let's say I want to move two characters to opposite sides of a room. After breaking the chain bonds to separate those characters out of the party, I then have to select the portrait of the first character I want to move, then left click on the map to move them to the correct location. I then need to select the next character's portrait that I want to move and repeat the process. I'm covering a hell of a lot more screen space with my mouse than is necessary. Just allow me to separate my party, click on a character model (not portrait), then click where I want them to go.

It's not game-breaking by any means, it's just cumbersome compared to Balder's Gate, Fallout, IceWind Dale, etc. as practically all prior CRPG's followed the control scheme I'm describing.

Support
Support

You can not select characters by clicking on them, but you can use hotkeys to do so (F1-F4 to select, [ or ] to cycle between characters).

enthusiast
enthusiast
But it is true it is bit of hassle to switch between single moving characters and moving all. It was eeasier in the Inifinity engine games. But I don't think it is a big issue.

B
journeyman
journeyman
B
Originally Posted by AdrianM
I guess I'm not being clear. I'm fully aware that you can break the chains which bond your party together. However, once separated you can only select your characters by clicking on their portrait. I'd prefer if you could select your characters by simply left clicking on their model in the playable space - which makes it faster to issue movement commands.

Fair enough. Have you tried using the f1-4 keys as Raze notes above? I find them quite useful.

being able to click characters to select them could potentially interfere with casting spells/attacking them.

Last edited by Bluestone; 17/07/14 01:08 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard