Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#516517 11/07/14 01:47 PM
dsvw56 Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I'm sure most people have never even heard of this game, but it was one of the first PC games I ever played. It holds a special place in my heart and I think the Divinity Engine gives me the tools to do something I've wanted to do for a very long time : do a remake of it.

For those that don't know, Quest for Glory was a Adventure/RPG game made by Sierra. It was originally text input driven but later got a remake as a point-and-click style adventure game. It focused heavily on puzzle solving, along with light RPG elements, all with a huge emphasis on humor. There were 3 classes, Warrior, Wizard, and Thief, each with unique ways of solving various puzzles. I'd wager that a few people at Larian have played it and draw influence from it.

The Sheriff and Otto :
[Linked Image]

The Adventurer's Guild :
[Linked Image]

The Magic Shop :

[Linked Image]

Obviously very early stages and blah blah blah . . . I'm not huge on the visual side of things and have always been more of a scripter. But this has been something I've wanted to do since I first got in to modding years and years and years ago. And I think the Divinity Engine is the perfect tool to pull it off.

old hand
old hand
I never played it, but it's fun to see games like that ported to a modern engine and it certainly helps to have a template from which to draw for your first project. Sounds like a neat idea, good luck!

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
stranger
stranger
First Secret of Mana and now Quest for Glory... I like this community horsey

Any plans to add extra PCs/companions, or will this be purely single-player? Considering the colorful characters and dialogue in the QFG series, I see a lot of potential for dual dialogue and party banter.

Excited to see this progress. Keep it up!

apprentice
apprentice
I remember playing Quest for Glory all the way through probably a good 15 times as a kid. Just seeing these images takes me way back. Please continue work on this as I would play the hell out of it.

dsvw56 Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by Kolto-Cola
First Secret of Mana and now Quest for Glory... I like this community horsey

Any plans to add extra PCs/companions, or will this be purely single-player? Considering the colorful characters and dialogue in the QFG series, I see a lot of potential for dual dialogue and party banter.

Excited to see this progress. Keep it up!

At the moment, it is purely single player but that may change. I do plan on adding in additional content I wish was in the original (like all of the buildings in town being available). Co-op would be great and I think you're right, it would make for some interesting situations in this world. So it's definitely something I'd consider.

dsvw56 Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
The entire town is almost entirely blocked out. I only have 3 more buildings to do, The bar, the sheriffs house, and the butcher/baker shops. I've also started work on the castle.

Rich Old Lady and her Cat :

[Linked Image]

Rich Old Lady's House :

[Linked Image]

General Store :

[Linked Image]

Guild, Old Lady's House, and Magic Shop exteriors :

[Linked Image]

This is kick ass. I love the QFG series and played the first one when it was called Hero's Quest smile
Looking forward to seeing your progress on this, as well as to learn from your finished product.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Wonderful work! Enjoyed that game!

Keep up the good work! If you need any original instrumentals/themes or voice work let me know!

dsvw56 Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Honestly kind of surprised at all the responses. Glad to see I'm not the only one that remembers this amazing series of games. Also glad I'm not the only one old enough to remember them smile

dsvw56 Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Been pretty busy lately, but finally managed to get the rest of the town blocked out as well as most of the interiors finished.

[Linked Image]

veteran
veteran
Great work! smile

WOOS
F
journeyman
journeyman
F
i am impressed great stuff!

apprentice
apprentice
It's looking good!

D
stranger
stranger
D
This is something I might have done but yours is looking amazing so far, keep it up I hope to see the finished product. smile

Link Copied to Clipboard