Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Mr. C Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I'm level two... Air/Water Wizard... can't find an offensive spell in any of the two stores that actually carry water/air spells *maybe*.

Did find 90498503498509 books for spells I can't use for another 5 levels... but cool, thanks.

Last edited by Mr. C; 02/07/14 11:01 PM.
K
apprentice
apprentice
K
It's apparently randomly generated but it refreshes after awhile, don't I don't know what causes it to refresh. Just go questing and come back after awhile.

journeyman
journeyman
It might be in-game days or hours. If it is, you could just leave it running for a bit.

O
stranger
stranger
O
Speaking of which the first few vendors you encounter are a bit confusing. Just a ton of scrolls to ...scroll through and try to figure out what is important and what's not. Meh.

old hand
old hand
I'd work towards crafting spell books, cheaper to.

old hand
old hand
Majority of all NPCs have a random chance at selling skill and spell books, not just the shops!

I usually go to the one ship captain. Anyway, it is best to go exploring town and get to the point where your looking for the suspected killer of Jake before buying ANYTHING. You'll find lots of gear and a few spell books along the way.

For most of the guard NPC's, I think it is either 6 or 9 that triggers that "I'll take my leave" when your trading. Will save you a bit of clicking.

Last edited by LightningLockey; 03/07/14 01:31 AM.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
stranger
stranger
Yes I wonder if Divinity was released a little too early? It seems quite hard to play when there are almost no pointers about where the shops are. I just learned you can click on Trading while talking to any character, but I would like to have known that when I initially began playing.

I bought a skill book from a man near the docks, and after providing some decent items and enough gold for him to agree, I received no book at all. It is nowhere in my inventory yet all the items I traded with the guy are in his inventory, as well as the gold I paid him. The skill book I bought just vanished after the trade.

Another problem (a bug?) is in how unwieldy the map is. In my game so far, clicking the map shows 4 portals, yet none of them are labeled on the map, which means the map is almost useless for that.

Also with the map, when you click onto an area of the map, most people expect it to take you there. At least take your mouse pointer there in the game. Yet the map has no such ability.

All in all, the game is very unwieldy in that it gives almost no info on where to buy and sell items. Shops should be plentiful and easy to get to. The map should act the same way the map in Skyrim acts, where if you click on a spot in the map, it takes you there. Also, the ambient noises of men yelling is irritating. Many people playing this game for the first time are deep in thought trying to figure out everything. To hear angry men blurt out what sound like profanities is quite foolish to have in this game.

One final problem, it takes forever to save a game and to load a game.

veteran
veteran
Do you really think that someone at Larian read this topic with THAT headline?

What's the matter with this constantly offensive tone here???

Last edited by LordCrash; 12/07/14 12:59 PM.

WOOS
A
apprentice
apprentice
A
Hmm yes, shops are so hard to find! It's like, there's a marketplace and it's full of merchants, but that's not quite obvious enough. Maybe a shop sign like Esmeralda has? No, no that won't work...

G
stranger
stranger
G
Originally Posted by LordCrash

I think it's offensive of you to assume the developers are this sensitive to negative feedback, they're adults getting paid to work on a multi-million dollar project not some 5 year-old on their 1st school play.

Originally Posted by gmbodhi

I think it's offensive of you to assume the developers are this sensitive to negative feedback, they're adults getting paid to work on a multi-million dollar project not some 5 year-old on their 1st school play.

No, it just comes across as a 5 year old playing their first computer game throwing a tantrum.

I pledged and all I got was this lousy awesome game!
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by gmbodhi

It's not the content, but the tone.

It's the headline of a troll.

WOOS
F
stranger
stranger
F
All vendor inventories will refresh after you gain a level. Their stock is generated when you access their trading interface. You can save and reload until you get the skill books you want. Keep in mind that not all vendors will stock the same books.

old hand
old hand

It's the headline of a troll.

It's not. It may be inflammatory to some extent but he's not trolling.

The stores aren't exactly great. I got most of my warrior's equipment from looting. The stores seem to be only good for mages and archers. Meanwhile, nothing tells you where to get the man-at-arms skillbooks although I figured out for myself that that general of the legion was one of the few who sold them, I imagine others wouldn't, however.

veteran
veteran
Ehm, check the inventory of everyone you come across?

Is it *that* difficult for people? I do it all the time. Standard behavior.

As for hard to know how to shop... the VERY FIRST CONVO (with the legionnaires) you have mentions the trading button... seriously.

Link Copied to Clipboard