Next Thread
Print Thread
#517286 12/07/14 11:07 AM
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
As the title says, how long the game approximately is? How many chapters are there, is there a level cap? Around what level will I be upon completion of the story.

I would like to estimate how much content does the title still have in store for me -I'am currently in Cyseal at the temple area- but I could find little to nill information regarding these questions.

thanks in advance,
Sch

apprentice
apprentice
There is no chapters per se, it's open world spanning many locations. I am a completionist in general and explore every nook and cranny...the game took me over 100 hours playing it that way but the length of the game would obviously be much shorter if did not bother doing anything except main quest line and limited your exploration to only places that quest line asked you to go.

There is at least...
four (Cyseal, Luculla, Hiberhiem and Phantom Forest)
...major zones on par or near enough scale wise with Cyseal not including all the caves, temples etc.

Last edited by Dragoonlordz; 12/07/14 12:33 PM.
veteran
veteran
I turned every stone in the game and I did every side quest and it took me about 75 hours.

WOOS
enthusiast
enthusiast
Most people on forum say 100-125 hours.

F
stranger
stranger
F
It took me 116 hours according to Steam. My characters were level 22.

Last edited by fred718; 12/07/14 03:24 PM.
K
apprentice
apprentice
K
It took me about 55 hours and at least a third of that time was spent managing the inventory and rearranging hotbars because they don't fit enough spells.

If I'd know how much of a hassle Crafting would be and how unnecessary it really is, I would've avoided collecting all that garbage, thus easily shaving off another 10 hours.

Realistically, there is about 40h of gameplay. Depending on how much time you wanna spend optimizing your gear through whatever means you can drag this out, but again, it's pretty unnecessary, the game gets really easy after lvl 12. If you follow a build guide and don't end up with one completely useless main char like I did you can breeze through fights.

Kabada #517463 12/07/14 03:50 PM
H
stranger
stranger
H
I totally disagree with the 40 hour estimate and wonder what parts of the game you completed?

Your reply seemed more of a rant about inventory/crafting management.....

Granted those aren't optimal but if it took you 15-20 hours to organize inventory then the problem lies with you..... since I gather everything (compulsively) and an occasional inventory cleansing takes 20-30 minutes real time at most (and I've done it twice).

I would say there is at least 60-75 hours in one play through .... although I'm already planning my next play through with 2 totally different characters.

This game is WELL worth the money and then some.....

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Thank you all for the answers.

I'am about the to move from Cyseal after 34 hours of play according to STEAM (playing on hard and exploring everything).

K
K
60 hours median.

addict
addict
i am at about 60 hours and just began phantom forest. so, 70-90 hours seems good

"I don't make games to make money, I make money to make games". (Swen Vincke)
K
apprentice
apprentice
K
I completed pretty much everything, except the quests I couldn't because of progression issues. If you need more than 40 hours, you're a slow reader and do all the micro management shit I describe above and that I just find unfun and don't count towarda actual gameplay time, again, as described above.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Originally Posted by SchDerGrosse
Thank you all for the answers.

I'am about the to move from Cyseal after 34 hours of play according to STEAM (playing on hard and exploring everything).

I left Cyseal at 40 and finished at 95. The following areas are faster, but still plenty large.

S
S
Finished in 78 hours, did every side quest, discovered every inch of the maps. On hard difficulty.

I think median on normal, without spending too much time crafting etc. would be something like ~60 hours.

Kabada #517851 12/07/14 11:35 PM
F
stranger
stranger
F
Originally Posted by Kabada
I completed pretty much everything, except the quests I couldn't because of progression issues. If you need more than 40 hours, you're a slow reader and do all the micro management shit I describe above and that I just find unfun and don't count towarda actual gameplay time, again, as described above.

Or maybe, just maybe, we like to take our time exploring and enjoying the game. This isn't a race, Mr. Fancy Pants.

Last edited by fred718; 12/07/14 11:35 PM.
N
journeyman
journeyman
N
I am roughly 62 hours into the game, and I haven't gotten to the last zone yet. =)

PS: I am playing on easy. I will definitely be replaying on normal next.

Last edited by Nightblaze1; 13/07/14 02:33 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard