Next Thread
Print Thread
J
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
Hey all,

Is there some resource listing all possible magic combos (Fire spell on Poison field results in an explosion, etc)?

Thank you.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Let's compile one here.

Everyone post the ones they know about! (I am posting without double checking. If I made a mistake please point it out.)

Here are a few:

Fire + Water = Steam.

Fire + Poison = Explosion.

Fire + Oil = Bigger explosion.

Air + Water = Electrified water.

Air + Blood = Electrified blood.

Air + Steam = Thunder cloud.

(The above three conduct electricity through each other.)

Might post more after some experimentation.

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
That seems to be it. Which is really quite sad I feel, because they advertised the combinations so much. In the end it's basically only two:

1. Explode ooze or oil.
2. Stun people in stuff that conducts electricity.

There would have been so many more options to make fights more interesting.

apprentice
apprentice
Hmmm, does it mean that if a rogue poisons someone, and a mage casts a fire spell on him, he will explode?

R
addict
addict
R
Fire + Oil = Smoke Cloud over burning ground
Fire + Ooze = Explosion that leads to a Smoke Cloud over burning ground

The important thing is that it is these combos that result in the Smoke Clouds that hinder Line of Sight. Burning Ground on its own (without Oil or Ooze) gives off no Smoke.

J
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
Originally Posted by Spirit
Let's compile one here.

Everyone post the ones they know about! (I am posting without double checking. If I made a mistake please point it out.)

Here are a few:

Fire + Water = Steam.

Fire + Poison = Explosion.

Fire + Oil = Bigger explosion.

Air + Water = Electrified water.

Air + Blood = Electrified blood.

Air + Steam = Thunder cloud.

(The above three conduct electricity through each other.)

Might post more after some experimentation.

Great list!

Is there any difference in the effect or damage depending on how the electrified effect is applied in those 3 instances?

Also, does the bigger explosion from Fire+Oil cause more damage than Fire+Poison?

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
There's also a combination in the same school. Water + "ice" (winterbreath I think) will make frozen ground that you can slip on. Or hitting someone that is wet or chilled with ice shard or piercing ice shard will also leave some residue on the ground on which you can slip too (edit: I think it'll leave some ice on the floor regardless of the status inflicted on the enemy, he might as well not be wet or chilled and it'll leave a small portion of the ground frozen).

Not exactly what you wanted but it's also useful.

Last edited by Zalexard; 12/07/14 10:04 PM.
J
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
Originally Posted by Rhidian
Fire + Oil = Smoke Cloud over burning ground
Fire + Ooze = Explosion that leads to a Smoke Cloud over burning ground

The important thing is that it is these combos that result in the Smoke Clouds that hinder Line of Sight. Burning Ground on its own (without Oil or Ooze) gives off no Smoke.

Ah, the Smoke Cloud is not something I was aware off. I tested it a couple times earlier, but the behavior didn't seem consistent both times, which leads to these questions:

1) When there's a Smoke Cloud on an enemy target, can I target it with AOEs and still damage it?
2) When there's a Smoke Cloud on an enemy target and I hover my cursor over it, it will tell me the target is invisible, but if I just move my cursor around a bit, around the general area of its hitbox, I find I can still target it sometimes. What's the meaning of this?
3) How is this mechanic best utilized, since it means, maybe (see above), that you can't target the enemy? All I can think of at the moment is perhaps using it when you know a target is low on Action Points, so you force it to use AP to move out of the Smoke Cloud. But then that requires quite a bit of AP on your part to set up that it seems you might as well do something else instead.

Thanks.

J
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
Originally Posted by Zalexard
There's also a combination in the same school. Water + "ice" (winterbreath I think) will make frozen ground that you can slip on. Or hitting someone that is wet or chilled with ice shard or piercing ice shard will also leave some residue on the ground on which you can slip too (edit: I think it'll leave some ice on the floor regardless of the status inflicted on the enemy, he might as well not be wet or chilled and it'll leave a small portion of the ground frozen).

Yea, that's exactly what I'd like know more about. Thanks for sharing.

When a target slips on it, is it effectively like a Knockdown or something different? And how many turns does that "slipped" status last?

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
Originally Posted by Jazzanova
Originally Posted by Zalexard

Yea, that's exactly what I'd like know more about. Thanks for sharing.

When a target slips on it, is it effectively like a Knockdown or something different? And how many turns does that "slipped" status last?

It counts as knockdown, and has about the same duration, sometimes your chars recover more quickly, other times they take the full three turns (if I'm not mistaken).

Link Copied to Clipboard