Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by LightningLockey
This is how I've got my level 12 character set up right now.

STR 12 (3 boosted)
DEX 5
INT 7
SPD 8 (1 boosted)
PER 6 (1 boosted)

Offensive Rating 115
Defensive 48

While in Cyseal, even with the battle of Bracuus REX, my hit chance was always above 80%. Coming into Lucculla Forest is where the game pretty much went to shit for me. It started off with 70% chance to hit and just continued to go down hill very sharply.

This issue isn't only with my battlemage but also with anything I summon. Old ladies playing bingo are more violent then my summoned creatures!

My 7 in INT was for the minimal requirements to cast fire spells.

I've already got Leadership Rank 1. Adding a point into Lucky Charm only gave me +3 to my offensive rating.

Now that I think about it, my summoned creatures (Armored Executioner, Water and Fire Elementalists, and Spider) all die very quickly. Sometimes only 1-2 hits take them completely out.

What weapon do you use?

Also hit chance of 70-80% isn't that bad...

Last edited by LordCrash; 13/07/14 03:25 AM.

WOOS
S
stranger
stranger
S
Once you start getting into Tenebrium wpns the melees outshine mages big time...

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Right now I'm still using the Buffalo Sabre, and even sharpened it with level 5 black smithing. My accuracy right now is between 35-38 for most monsters. I have level 2 Leadership now which really didn't help much. Also up to 13 strength.

Tenebrium improves accuracy? It is more accuracy that I'm having the issue with, not so much in hitting something. I haven't gotten to the ore, the Night Knights were pissing me off so I went adventuring. Can't kill off the spiders, with the slowness and can't hit for shit.

This game is getting to be as difficult as Super Ghouls and Goblins...which I think was designed to make people smash furniture in rage. Every battle I'm in takes a good hour for me to beat.

So far I've cleared the Immaculats going up to the Mine, in the Mine until the first Night Knight. I've cleared the goblins going to the desert. Got the 5 spiders and 2 mages and the 4 spider eggs. There is no way I can even think about killing the giant one that spawns 8 spiders.

I just got done destroying the goblin village and getting the stone from the totem. That was a really annoying battle that took a few hours to get threw.

So yeh, that is how far I am and got a 38% accuracy on all melee attacks.

Last edited by LightningLockey; 13/07/14 03:41 AM.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
veteran
veteran
Right now I'm still using the Buffalo Sabre, and even sharpened it with level 5 black smithing. My accuracy right now is between 35-38 for most monsters. I have level 2 Leadership now which really didn't help much. Also up to 13 strength.

That's not a really good weapons for level 12 imo...

I haven't gotten to the ore, the Night Knights were pissing me off so I went adventuring.

You can't fight them anyway...

Can't kill off the spiders, with the slowness and can't hit for shit.

Spiders are level 14, you are level 12. Come back later...

This game is getting to be as difficult as Super Ghouls and Goblins...which I think was designed to make people smash furniture in rage. Every battle I'm in takes a good hour for me to beat.

Maybe you are in the "wrong" map? Have you been in Hiberheim? The game is not really difficult as long as you avoid fighting against enemies which are above your own level...

So far I've cleared the Immaculats going up to the Mine, in the Mine until the first Night Knight. I've cleared the goblins going to the desert. Got the 5 spiders and 2 mages and the 4 spider eggs. There is no way I can even think about killing the giant one that spawns 8 spiders.

I just got done destroying the goblin village and getting the stone from the totem. That was a really annoying battle that took a few hours to get threw.

So yeh, that is how far I am and got a 38% accuracy on all melee attacks.

The goblins are level 15/16 and you are level 12? Why do you complain of hard difficulty? You are obviously not supposed to be there yet...

Go to Hiberheim instead (White Witch quest). There you'll find enemies matching your own level. In this game you are more or less always "wrong" if enemies are two or more levels above you. No surprise that every battle lasts for an hour... wink

Last edited by LordCrash; 13/07/14 03:54 AM.

WOOS
P
journeyman
journeyman
P
This is how I've got my level 12 character set up right now.

STR 12 (3 boosted)
DEX 5
INT 7
SPD 8 (1 boosted)
PER 6 (1 boosted)

Offensive Rating 115
Defensive 48

For comparison, this was my level 11 Roderick man-at-arms:

STR 16 (9 invested, 2 from gear)
DEX 6 (1 from gear)
INT 5
CON 7 (1 invested, 1 from gear
SPD 8 (2 invested, 1 from gear)
PER 6 (1 from gear)

Lucky Charm 4
Offensive Rating 148
Defensive Rating 49

(And this is overkill - my second melee warrior, Madora, has 14 STR at this point and only 1 lucky charm and is doing quite well, though she occasionally dips below 100% to-hit.)

12 stat points invested (base 5, 5 from levelups, 2 from something that I don't want to spoil for you if you don't know it already, except through your deliberate choice:

The Teller of Secrets at the homestead, who is unlocked with the next stone after the first elemental, and is thus easily unlocked by level 10 when playing normally and completing all quests, assuming you use the bloodstone you get from Blood Cove and thus absorb its power, rather than saving it for a rainy day.

She's got a +1 attribute stat book and a +3 ability stat book for sale at each level.

EDIT: As of today's patch, those books are only available once, not upon every levelup.

And yes, as LordCrash says, it definitely sounds as if you have skipped a lot of easier content, if you are fighting enemies that significantly outlevel you.

When I said death before dishonour, I meant it alphabetically.
J
stranger
stranger
J
Madora has been my best damage dealer since mid game and she's only getting stronger. First thing I do every fight is to haste her, then she can pretty much let loose on the enemy. Flurry often one-shots enemies, and even her spin attacks can one-shot or at least take off a huge chunk of health on weaker enemies. The further into the game I come, I rely more on melee for damage and spells for buffs/cc.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard