Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Leech seems the only important Talent that I've avoided, so this is my last build with few changes in Rogue too:

Warrior:
Lone Wolf
Leech
Opportunist
Thick Skin
Picture of Health
Comeback Kid
Sidewinder

Avoided:
Stand y Ground
Weather Storm

Rogue-Mage:
Lone Wolf
Pet Pal
Far Out Man
Speedcreeper
Guerilla
Swift Footed
Glass Cannon

Avoided:
Back-Stabber (with this I have doubts, seems to be useful but bows seems better than daggers for a glass cannon)
Escapist
Headstrong
Quickdraw

Originally Posted by Tommy123
Originally Posted by Vesimas
-The seller of secrets now only has 1 ability book and 1 stat book instead of regenerating those

low-leveling to hit 5 star stones as fast as possible is now rather pointless

It seems it was a bug after all but I'm happy because I prefer to play quiet step by step, enjoying each stage of the game without rush.

So, to clarify, now, to add as 'extras' in our character planner sheet, there will be only 1 attribute point (like strength, dexterity, etc) and 3 ability points (like Scoundrel, Willpower, etc) from those books, and at least 1 intelligence point from random drops (but could be more than 1),right?

And 1 attribute, 3 ability points for each character? having 2 books of each type, or the merchant sell only 1 book of each type?

Last edited by Antartnord; 16/07/14 01:16 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Even if the character is separated form the group, every active character gets the 100XP. Micromanaging your XP is almost completely absent from this game, which is fine by me.

E
stranger
stranger
E
Will i be able to use more than one spell with mage? I want to play with mage party and i do not know if have to put water and air to one mage or water to one and air to second. Because of possible combination. I can use only spell per turn now, so it is better to have water on one and air on second. Bud later if i will be able to use more. It is better to have it on one mage.

Intelligence do not increase AP by the description in game so i need to put some points to speed. But if spell use like 6AP i need to put a lot of points to speed... frown

J
stranger
stranger
J
Originally Posted by Elerian
Will i be able to use more than one spell with mage? I want to play with mage party and i do not know if have to put water and air to one mage or water to one and air to second. Because of possible combination. I can use only spell per turn now, so it is better to have water on one and air on second. Bud later if i will be able to use more. It is better to have it on one mage.

Intelligence do not increase AP by the description in game so i need to put some points to speed. But if spell use like 6AP i need to put a lot of points to speed... frown

Any character can learn any number and combination of skills/spell schools. So yes, you can have both aero and hydro on the same mage.

As for AP, don't waste all your attribute points on Speed. Yes, it's definitely worth investing in, it's probably the most useful stat for most next to their primary stat depending on skills. But you will find a lot of gear that lets you increase the number of AP in one way or another, and the spell Wildfire will give you a good boost. The Glass Cannon talent is extremely useful on a caster and will let them cast several spells every turn. Also, don't be afraid to save AP from one turn to the next to be able to cast more expensive spells.

E
stranger
stranger
E
Thanks for info. So i hope that i will find some gear with + AP soon and i will be able to cast water spell and some shock in one turn.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Sorry for a bit of necro-bumping right here but I found this info really enlightening but I still am frozen at the character creation screen.

I am planning on making a Ranger and Wizard for my main heroes at the beginning but the ranger is probably the one that I am having the worst time with creation because it seems like I shouldn't put points into anything as far as abilities are concerned.

Like should I not have a point in Bow at the beginning? I was going to put a point into leadership because he is going to be my face character because I am taking Know-it-all with my wizard. Should I not put a point into charisma? I was going to put a point into pickpocket but reading that its useless has made me pause about that.

My starting build was going to be:

Bow 1
Marksman 1
Leadership 1

but I have two points leftover. Reading that you need to level Terebium (sp) instead of the class of weapon you actually start with also makes me want to get rid of the point in bow but then where do I put the 3 points.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Leadership is best on casters, because they don't get value out of the damage boost from Leadership, since it only affects attacks with your weapon (unless you really want to boost staff of magus).
Skip the weapon talents (bow, 1handed,...) altogether, because you can use Tenebrium weapons (either Tenebrium bows or any bow that your crafter has enchanted with Tenebrium) later, which check your Tenebrium skill and not your bow skill.
Charisma is something that you can just as well cover with your gear.
You can skip Pickpocket, because you will always have more than enough Gold. However if you like stealing stuff use 1 point in Scoundrel so that you are able to pick the skill "Walk in Shadows", which turns you invisible for a few turns.
So just put Marksman at level 2, 1 in Scoundrel and the last one to either boost your saving throws or Geo/Witchcraft if you plan on giving your Archer some buffs.

W
W
If you don't mind branching out a little, taking a point in scoundrel and picking the haste skill (currently ONLY available at character creation I believe) is an option.

If you don't want to cheese henchmen crafting, then crafting is a very good pick on a ranger.

Leadership is more efficient on a mage, but roleplay reasons are solid reasons if you want it on the ranger.

I have some points in Charisma, again some people will say it's inefficient, but I like it for convincing my second character not to kill everyone etc.

WP/BB maybe?

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Antartnord
Where can I find all available skills?

I have been working on my own "Skill Guide". You can find the link here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=291612941

Last edited by Wolfen2; 28/07/14 09:06 PM.
N
stranger
stranger
N
Hi all,

I've just purchased the game and I've still haven't gone through the character creation since I don't have a lot of spare time to spend creating over and over again my characters before I create good builds on my team, so I find this thread so helpful and I thank you for sharing your knowledge!

However, in latest posts that I'm reading I understand that they fixed the game so you can't buy books that boost attributes nor skills more than once in a lifetime (instead of once per level as before)? Is it right, or is it just for one of the NPC that sell books while you can still get books per level elsewhere?

If there are no more books per level, since I'm planning to play the game co-op, I wonder if it would be better to not go Lone Wolf (example of lone wolf guide here) so I have 4 team members to cover most of the necessary skills in the game... Or doesn't it really matter if we play just with 2 characters despite we won't have a big boost in attributes/skills because of books?

Thanks in advance!

K
journeyman
journeyman
K
Originally Posted by Narestel
Hi all,

I've just purchased the game and I've still haven't gone through the character creation since I don't have a lot of spare time to spend creating over and over again my characters before I create good builds on my team, so I find this thread so helpful and I thank you for sharing your knowledge!

However, in latest posts that I'm reading I understand that they fixed the game so you can't buy books that boost attributes nor skills more than once in a lifetime (instead of once per level as before)? Is it right, or is it just for one of the NPC that sell books while you can still get books per level elsewhere?

If there are no more books per level, since I'm planning to play the game co-op, I wonder if it would be better to not go Lone Wolf (example of lone wolf guide here) so I have 4 team members to cover most of the necessary skills in the game... Or doesn't it really matter if we play just with 2 characters despite we won't have a big boost in attributes/skills because of books?

Thanks in advance!

This is false. I'm using the latest patch and i still am able to buy both books (+abilities and +1attribute) every time i level up.

Also, you don't NEED the books. Game is harder, but finishable without using the boosting books, it's harder, but by the time you get to the end, you will be used to the playstyle. This also applies if you're using Lone Wolf.

N
stranger
stranger
N
Thanks for the clarification, kurausu! wink

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by kurausu
Originally Posted by Narestel
Hi all,

Thanks in advance!

This is false. I'm using the latest patch and i still am able to buy both books (+abilities and +1attribute) every time i level up.

Also, you don't NEED the books. Game is harder, but finishable without using the boosting books, it's harder, but by the time you get to the end, you will be used to the playstyle. This also applies if you're using Lone Wolf.

Hate to necro this thread, but is this still the case? ie: can the books be purchased after every level, or was that indeed a bug and was only intended to be used once each?

Asking because.. if it wasn't a bug, I'm going to low-level it and try to get access to them as soon as possible, haha.

R
R
The vendor known as teller of secrets will respawn her inventory when the character with the highest experience in the party gains a new level. This means that the tomes will respawn.

With kind regards,

Rashar.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard