Print Thread
#518430 13/07/14 06:26 PM
A
Amigo Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
The game is great, one of the best latest RPGs. The main problem I see with this game is the overwhelming unjustified difficulty. It's like developers are hiding game's lack of scale and world areas behind tedious time consuming combat. This is a design issue and this same issue prevents this game from being one of the greatest cRPGs.

Amigo #518433 13/07/14 06:27 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Amigo
The game is great, one of the best latest RPGs. The main problem I see with this game is the overwhelming unjustified difficulty. It's like developers are hiding game's lack of scale and world areas behind tedious time consuming combat. This is a design issue and this same issue prevents this game from being one of the greatest cRPGs.

Tedious, time consuming combat???

Sorry, but combat is a core part of this game. It's kind of unlikely that you enjoy the game if you don't enjoy the combat...

What do you mean with "lack of scale"?

Last edited by LordCrash; 13/07/14 06:27 PM.

WOOS
Amigo #518441 13/07/14 06:48 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Yes and this game is not easy, but it not intended to be. If you find the combat hard try go another way and find easier enemies. The biggest problem is that people often go to areas where the monsters are too hard compared to their level.

I actually think the tactical combat is among the best parts of the game.

Last edited by Jacob Marner; 13/07/14 06:48 PM.
Amigo #518602 13/07/14 10:46 PM
T
apprentice
apprentice
T
I agree with the two replies above - the combat is one of the better parts of the game for mine.

I am also okay with the difficulty - I started on Normal, got owned, dropped to Easy, played a bit more and then went back to Normal when I knew what I was doing and am coasting along nicely now.

Gaming dinosaur!!
Amigo #518608 13/07/14 10:53 PM
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Also, if you need to level keep looking around without triggering combat - you get XP awards for exploration. And you may even find some good stuff if your perception/lucky charm is high enough.

Amigo #518631 13/07/14 11:48 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
At my first playthrough up to level 4 or so i was having some problems mainly because i didnt do all the questing in the first town so i was a little underlevel and quite honestly even same-level mobs were giving me a hard time.

But after winning a couple battles (with major pride i might add!), i started to understand the elemental combinations and battle started to get easier. After a few mistakes i restarted again and the 2nd playthrough was easy. Not realy realy easy because i did have some battles that proven quite a challenge, but quite good.

Game dificulty started going downhill after my 3 mages got "glass cannon" and enough skillpoints to go into 2 elemental trees though. It's severely overpowered. My poor tank a lot of times didnt even have time to reach on foot the mobs my mages were slaughtering from a distance. Some combinations are especialy devastating like boulder+fireball.

Game is hard in the beggining while you are still learning, then goes quite balanced and fun, and then goes stale and even diminishing level after level especialy if you do every quest and are the adequate level for that zone.

Larian should probably make the game slightly easier up to level 5, then maintain scale up to level 9 or so, and then make it slightly harder afterwards. This is from my impressions, opinions might vary...

Last edited by KnightPT; 13/07/14 11:49 PM.
Amigo #518723 14/07/14 04:24 AM
M
apprentice
apprentice
M
I agree, the game gets way way way too easy after Cyseal.

Link Copied to Clipboard