Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Drethak Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
This is a quick mod I did that ups the loot tables for CHESTS only. First time making a mod for Divinity so there may be some problems but so far I haven't found any (tested up to Hiberheim start point)

This means all chests have a minimum loot of a blue item.

Most Ornate Chests have loot similar to bosses.

This mod also increases MAIN CHARACTER Movement speed by about 50%. This does not mean that you can move further in combat, it is just a quality of life upgrade to make moving around a bit faster.

Also allows 4 players in multiplayer.

You can download it here from dropbox. If the link breaks or people have issues downloading just let me know and I'll put a different link up.

Feel free to post feedback or problems with the mod here and I'll do my best to fix them. Also if anyone has improvements or suggestions for more changes just leave them in this thread and I'll look into them when I can.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Where do I put the file in?

EDIT: I just found out that you need to extract the PAK files. Anyway, Thanks for the mod. I'll give you a feedback once I'm done playing.

Last edited by RonBN; 14/07/14 05:52 AM.
O
stranger
stranger
O
how does the 4 player work?
do you neeed to pick up the henchmen before all can join up?

R
stranger
stranger
R
Question: Can I use yours and this mod http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=518031#Post518031 at the same time?

J
stranger
stranger
J
how to install? (has this game been out so long that it is common sense to install mods now?)

Drethak Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by olje
how does the 4 player work?
do you neeed to pick up the henchmen before all can join up?

yes unfortunately you need to get Madora and Jahan at least before 4 player works.

Drethak Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by RonBN
Question: Can I use yours and this mod http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=518031#Post518031 at the same time?

im not 100% sure, most reports say that you cant run 2 mods at the moment.

Drethak Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by jomoknight
how to install? (has this game been out so long that it is common sense to install mods now?)

the pak file goes in your "C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin\Mods" folder.

put it in there and it should appear in game.

Drethak Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I have discovered some discrepancies with what is giving proper loot, at the moment it seems to be located just in Hiberheim. I'm looking into what is causing it and I should post an update soon that fixes it, its nothing game breaking, more just chests are not giving correct loot 100% of the time and sometimes crates give legendaries :S

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Drethak
sometimes crates give legendaries :S

In my experience, they seem to give a LOT of legendaries! laugh

It's easy to make something difficult.
It's difficult to make something easy.
Drethak Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Lividity
sometimes crates give legendaries :S

In my experience, they seem to give a LOT of legendaries! laugh

well atleast that makes up for the chests in Hiberheim not rolling correctly :P

Drethak Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
New update is now on the Steam Workshop http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=287728879 if you have any problems let me know and I'll upload the pak file and post a download here.

Changlog:

Removed MegaBoss loot from crates and fixed MOST of the chests in Hiberheim not dropping more loot. If you are still experiencing a large amount of chests not providing the correct loot, let me know and I'll look into it.

T
stranger
stranger
T
New update is now on the Steam Workshop http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=287728879 if you have any problems let me know and I'll upload the pak file and post a download here.

Changlog:

Removed MegaBoss loot from crates and fixed MOST of the chests in Hiberheim not dropping more loot. If you are still experiencing a large amount of chests not providing the correct loot, let me know and I'll look into it.

Pls, upload somewhere else, steam workshop seems not working properly right now. I can see steam start downloading the pak file but never finish it. Tried restart game or steam several times, still not working.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Originally Posted by tassadarpaladin

Changlog:

Pls, upload somewhere else, steam workshop seems not working properly right now. I can see steam start downloading the pak file but never finish it. Tried restart game or steam several times, still not working.

Yes upload somewhere else please

apprentice
apprentice
This is currently gamebreaking. Unlike your original intent you can pull orange / legendary out of barrels, boxes, crates, etc.

I liked what you originally intended for the mod which is big chests should give big loot. Barrels and boxes? Not so much...

journeyman
journeyman
I put the pak file into my Mods folder (where I have some other mods) but the game does not recognize it as even being there to let me turn it on.

What's up with that? Anybody know?

Thank you

Drethak Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Weston
I put the pak file into my Mods folder (where I have some other mods) but the game does not recognize it as even being there to let me turn it on.

What's up with that? Anybody know?

Thank you

not sure :S

only thing i could think of is if you hadnt restarted your game after putting it there...

Drethak Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
i'll upload the file to dropbox when i get home tomorrow. sorry steam workshop isnt working >.> only reason i did that was because the recent patch said it had fixed it

Drethak Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Darkwind
This is currently gamebreaking. Unlike your original intent you can pull orange / legendary out of barrels, boxes, crates, etc.

I liked what you originally intended for the mod which is big chests should give big loot. Barrels and boxes? Not so much...

i did know about that problem, it should now be fixed. (in the build i upload tomorrow anyway)

Drethak Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hey guys my room mate was nice enough to upload the files to dropbox for me. Link is here Modified Loot. I havent had much of a chance to test it but i fixed the values as far as i know. gimme some feedback if its still acting wierd.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard