Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
W
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
W
I'm not that far into the game but I was wondering if it's worth investing in improving sneaking and movement speed. If one of your characters has high move speed but the other doesn't, isn't the faster character limited to moving at the same speed as the slower one since they're moving together? Or does move speed also affect how far a character can move on a single action point while in combat?

If one character has high sneak but the other does not, won't you get spotted by the monsters anyway, so you still won't be able to sneak up on them? The only thing I've been able to do was to break the chain connecting the two chars, have one char sneak up while the other stands far away, but then the battle starts with the two of them really far from each other.

Am I missing something?

Last edited by WisdomOrFolly; 14/07/14 03:15 AM.
Why do you want to sneak anywhere?

When it comes to movement speed, the controlled character determines movement speed - so if you have a scoundrel moving at 4.00, Madora's 0.9 speed is irrelevant and she will keep up.

Generally you don't want to sneak past monsters because you want to kill them for XP, the game isn't designed to reward you for avoiding combat - it rewards you for conning monsters not to fight you with rock/paper/scissors THEN turning round and killing them!

As for group sneaking, it's more your choice of formation that'll determine where the group members will be whilst sneaking - so ensure you use a group movement that best suits your current sneakuation.

A
stranger
stranger
A
How I use Sneak:

I use sneak for every single battle. Normal battles in the field and Boss fights.

1. I position my party slightly away from the mobs, or at a choke point if there are a lot of mobs.
2. My Wizard will break chains with party and initiate Sneak.
3. I press F5.
4. I get to max range with the mobs and usually teleport a Ranged mob into two other mobs by finding the sweet spot with the teleported mob landing or cast Fireball if I can hit 4+ mobs at one time.

Using the above method will usually allow me to kill or seriously injure 2 to 5 mobs before the fight starts.

Hope that helps!

Q
stranger
stranger
Q
@Dmnqwk
so.. you don't want to sneak? You know that at least one talent to profit from that? Also its awesome for a tactical position.

To the question.. I think, the other player will be slower.. so.. yea..you actually answered your question wink

Actually sneaking is a terrible positional tool.

During the game, you'll find 2 teleporter pyramids that can take your party from one to the other:

Either invis, tactical retreat or walk in shadows to the spot you want the entire party, then have the other 3 members "beam" in - much better positioning!

That's assuming you don't just open with a fireball, special arrow, rain+lightning etc

Sure, sneaking seems a good idea but due to the ease of spotting you I can't see it being any easier than the above options, plus with the added bonus of taking more effort!

H
apprentice
apprentice
H
Originally Posted by WisdomOrFolly
... does move speed also affect how far a character can move on a single action point while in combat?

Yes.

If one character has high sneak but the other does not, won't you get spotted by the monsters anyway, so you still won't be able to sneak up on them?

You can still sneak pretty far with nominal 0-1 sneaking. But afaik, yes to your question.

The only thing I've been able to do was to break the chain connecting the two chars, have one char sneak up while the other stands far away, but then the battle starts with the two of them really far from each other.

Am I missing something?

If that's the case, and it's unintentional, you're not strategizing properly.

Everyone else has contributed a lot, but here's my 2 cents:

-If you put at least 5 points into Sneaking, the act of Sneaking in battle only costs 1 AP; combine it with Guerilla, and you have a 2x dmg multiplier for only 1AP per attack/action.

Sneaking doesn't actually have to be used exclusively for sneaking =p

Link Copied to Clipboard