Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
As a test of the ability to overwrite existing armor designs I've created a mod that replaces the robes with cloth armor designs (normal clothes) Download it here:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/iz1vga

INSTALLATION:

Place the files in of this zip into your data folder. Normally it would be:

/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Divinity - Original Sin/data

WARNING: Do not place the files in /Documents/Larian Studios/mods as it won't work there. It must be placed in the data folder

TO UNINSTALL:

Simply delete the files from your data folder. Alternately you can delete one of the files to only have one gender use clothes for robes.

KNOWN ISSUES:

This mod cannot be toggled on/off from the mod menu, due to Divinity not currently supporting true stand alone mods that overwrite existing content. It permanently overwrites the robe models so long as it is installed.

This mod works with existing saves, so no issue there.

I have not personally tested how it works with multiplayer but others have confirmed it works without issue.

Secondary clothing such as Source Hunter Sarong won't show due to the game still considering them "robes".

Screenshot:

[Linked Image]

Special thanks go to Norbyte for showing me how to make an overwrite mod.

Last edited by MrEsturk; 11/07/14 06:57 AM.
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman

A
addict
addict
A
Very nice, thank you very much. I love them casual clothes design.
The only thing that's missing on them are sarongs.

Last edited by Aramintai; 14/07/14 10:57 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
This is nice, well done.

K
K
Props, I was thinking someone should make something like this.
Does it replace ALL robe items with the single clothing style and can you dye it?

Last edited by Kriss; 14/07/14 11:42 AM.
addict
addict
The nexus has DOS mods now! Oh look ... a nude mod. Took longer than I thought.

Last edited by LeBurns; 14/07/14 03:36 PM.
A
addict
addict
A
Female robes started to glitch after patch, unfortunately. They either revert to default look or have weird texture.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Yeah, I'm getting the same, or clothes with invisible bits. I guess maybe Larian changed some of the paths...

Hoping MrEsturk finds time to do an update, because I really like this mod. smile

Edit: ah, tentatively, it seems to be working again since today's game update to 1.0.81. At least once I updated the time on the pak file, anyway...

Last edited by Vometia; 17/07/14 12:02 PM.

J'aime le fromage.
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Vometia
Edit: ah, tentatively, it seems to be working again since today's game update to 1.0.81. At least once I updated the time on the pak file, anyway...

Could you elaborate on this, please?

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Axell
Could you elaborate on this, please?

Erm, not very usefully, I'm afraid: I used the Cygwin "touch" command to update the timestamp, but I'm not clueful enough with Windows to know how to do it otherwise. I'm only guessing that it's actually relevant anyway...

J'aime le fromage.
apprentice
apprentice
I kinda know how to update timestamps on files, but what exactly did you do? Put the time on the mod files ahead or before the other ones?

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by Vometia
Yeah, I'm getting the same, or clothes with invisible bits. I guess maybe Larian changed some of the paths...

Hoping MrEsturk finds time to do an update, because I really like this mod. smile

I've tested updating the timestamps. While 1.0.81 seems more stable and the technic of updating the mod file timestamps helps it still doesn't work 100% (especially if a large number of my armor mods are used at once).

However since it does at least seem far more stable I'll update this mod as well as my invisible sarong and sexy armor mods with the new timestamps and pak format. Over the weekend I'll be trying to look for an alternative method to make this mod by assisting Norbyte with some tests as well as seeing if any of the new tutorials/editor updates Larian provided with 1.0.81 offer any solutions.

Last edited by MrEsturk; 17/07/14 08:49 PM.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Axell
I kinda know how to update timestamps on files, but what exactly did you do? Put the time on the mod files ahead or before the other ones?

Oh, newer, on the possibly rather flawed assumption that they're loaded in date order.

Originally Posted by MrEsturk
I've tested updating the timestamps. While 1.0.81 seems more stable and the technic of updating the mod file timestamps helps it still doesn't work 100% (especially if a large number of my armor mods are used at once).

However since it does at least seem far more stable I'll update this mod as well as my invisible sarong and sexy armor mods with the new timestamps and pak format. Over the weekend I'll be trying to look for an alternative method to make this mod by assisting Norbyte with some tests as well as seeing if any of the new tutorials/editor updates Larian provided with 1.0.81 offer any solutions.

Thanks, really nice to know that you're on the case already. smile

J'aime le fromage.
V
apprentice
apprentice
V
Tested a bit too, but changing the timestamp doesn't really help at all. Yesterday I used a specific number of your texture-changing *paks, and somehow everything worked. Just started the game again, and everything is messed or not loaded at all smile
Tried re-packing etc. as, also to put them all together ..

What helped - at least for now - was to unpack every file of you and simply put them in "...\Steam\SteamApps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Data\Public\Main\Assets\.."

Sarongs are gone, weird texture behaviour = gone, and every char has the modified texture..hopefully this will lasts for a bit :P

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by valky
What helped - at least for now - was to unpack every file of you and simply put them in "...\Steam\SteamApps\common\Divinity - Original Sin\Data\Public\Main\Assets\.."

Yeah I can confirm this works every time. No odd behaviours at all. You can even use as many texture altering mods as you see fit.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
I've now done likewise. Caused a minor headache trying to figure out how to unpack the pak. laugh

J'aime le fromage.
I have to admit, I love the look of the Female version. Reminds me of that Steampunkish look - http://i.imgur.com/Pyrz3W6.jpg

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I have updated this mod to use the unpacked format by default and posted it on the Nexus.

For those of you that already went through the headache of unpacking it yourselves the new version doesn't make any major changes so you won't need to install it again smile

EDIT: Version 1.2 released. Offers the alt cloth armor designs as a alternate choice for each gender.

Last edited by MrEsturk; 19/07/14 07:55 AM.
B
stranger
stranger
B
Dont work for me =(
[Linked Image]
I'm 99% sure mod installed correctly.

A
addict
addict
A
Yay, working again! Alt clothes are nice too, good job MrEsturk smile