Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Aldaron Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
I got the staff but when I go talk to Cecil I don't get the prompt to finish the quest ("I found the staff" or something). Is there anyway to fix that?

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
I did not get this for a long time after I collected the staff, in fact I think that entry in the dialogue only appeared after I went into Evelyns secret cave.

apprentice
apprentice
I didn't enter the laboratory, I directly gave the staff to Cecil. No bug for me.
Did you have all the clues about Mr D ?

Last edited by Doublefreud *; 14/07/14 11:54 AM.

Meowmic Republic of Sin
B
stranger
stranger
B
Are you talking to Cecil with the character that actually has the staff in it's inventory?
I also didn't get the dialogue option at first and then I remembered that I wasn't talking with the character that had the staff, so I selected my other character and presto, quest completed.

Last edited by BlueFlamingSky; 14/07/14 12:06 PM.
A
Aldaron Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Originally Posted by BlueFlamingSky
Are you talking to Cecil with the character that actually has the staff in it's inventory?
I also didn't get the dialogue option at first and then I remembered that I wasn't talking with the character that had the staff, so I selected my other character and presto, quest completed.

This must be it! I'll try that when I get home.

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
If so I must admit I find that a little annoying.

I guess it makes perfect sense that different characters will have different Personality stats when talking to NPC's but it would be great if the game just used it's common sense in certain situations, such as talking to animals, and instead of the no -skilled character just standing there looking dumb it automatically switched to the character with the appropriate skill for that particular dialogue.

A very minor annoyance and I would hate to cause the game to dumb-down as it's great as it is smile

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard