Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
stranger
stranger
Started a new game, played a bit, then quicksaved - it worked. Then beated first skeletons, rescued Ishmashell and tried to quicksave again, before entering tutorial dungeon and save went into infinite loop.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Bought the game yesterday and i'm also having the save loop hang. Has happened twice so far, first time lost 30 mins, then today had a long game with no problems, and suddenly thought, oh, i haven't saved for a while...save...hang...lost 1h50... frown

Great game, but save failing? That's a game breaker. I mean most intermittent bugs you save more often to accommodate them, but when the bug IS saving, you are a bit screwed.

I'm tempted to stop playing for the moment and come back when it is fixed, does an email get sent out with the next patch or do i have to check somewhere?

I thought this may have got sorted out during the pre-release which is why i waited, tis rather annoying to not be able to play my ï½£30 game...

Thanks,

Mike.....

G
stranger
stranger
G
Also, i can't send you my report.zip as it is 36mb, and hotmail doesn't like files over 25mb.

Support
Support

Double click the report.zip file to open it in Windows Explorer, go into the profile's savegames folder and delete some of the saves. In this case you'd probably only need a couple saves what worked properly, and then any that were written but do not load, etc.

E
stranger
stranger
E
I too am unable to load my saves inside of Black Cove. The game doesn't crash, but it loads up, displays my camera exceedingly far away from the level for a moment, then tells me it had error 300 and brings me back to the main menu.

This is of course with the latest patch applied already.

R
RtM Offline
R
Originally Posted by Gothnak
Bought the game yesterday and i'm also having the save loop hang. Has happened twice so far, first time lost 30 mins, then today had a long game with no problems, and suddenly thought, oh, i haven't saved for a while...save...hang...lost 1h50... frown

Great game, but save failing? That's a game breaker. I mean most intermittent bugs you save more often to accommodate them, but when the bug IS saving, you are a bit screwed.

I'm tempted to stop playing for the moment and come back when it is fixed, does an email get sent out with the next patch or do i have to check somewhere?

I thought this may have got sorted out during the pre-release which is why i waited, tis rather annoying to not be able to play my ï½£30 game...

Thanks,
Mike.....

This exactly. It's ruining a wonderful game and the experience. I keep thinking "I should just reboot the game after I get away with 2 saves" ?!?! Nobody should have to think that about a game. It's craziness.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Originally Posted by Raze

Double click the report.zip file to open it in Windows Explorer, go into the profile's savegames folder and delete some of the saves. In this case you'd probably only need a couple saves what worked properly, and then any that were written but do not load, etc.

All of my saves that actually saved work fine. It's the fact it can't save that's the problem. I don't know if sending you a bunch of working saves will help.

G
stranger
stranger
G
So, today i tried to do it a bit differently. I saved the game manually every 10 mins, the first 3 were fine, when i saved the 4th (back over the first save i made) it crashed. I haven't had a crash before always a hang, so that might help?

I'll try it again, but seems it might be every 4th save that it blows up?

stranger
stranger
Maybe this problem was reported somewhere, but that's what I get. Everything saves just fine, but when I'm trying to overwrite existing savegame, process never stops: saving logo (with rotating circle) appears on screen, but never disappears. I waited for half an hour, but it didn't stopped. I hear music but the game isn't responding. The only way was to kill process via Ctrl+Alt+Del.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Originally Posted by Addon
Maybe this problem was reported somewhere, but that's what I get. Everything saves just fine, but when I'm trying to overwrite existing savegame, process never stops: saving logo (with rotating circle) appears on screen, but never disappears. I waited for half an hour, but it didn't stopped. I hear music but the game isn't responding. The only way was to kill process via Ctrl+Alt+Del.

I expect it was just your fourth or so save in one play session? Including autosaves.

Support
Support
I don't know if sending you a bunch of working saves will help.

The saves, probably not (though it couldn't hurt to leave one or two), but the system information and any crash dumps, etc, may help.

R
RtM Offline
R

I expect it was just your fourth or so save in one play session? Including autosaves.

This guy knows how it works. Now after 3 saves I quit the game and reboot. Stupid I know, but it's better than having to fight a long tough battle immediately after having just done it.

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
still crashing...

stranger
stranger

Double-checked everything. It seems you are right, this thing happens on my fourth saving (counting autosaves and quicksaves).

G
stranger
stranger
G

Double-checked everything. It seems you are right, this thing happens on my fourth saving (counting autosaves and quicksaves).

It's good we are slowly tracking it down. Seems it can happen on region transitions too when the locations unload. (Spoiler)... When i chose which patient to heal and the region unloaded, my game crashed then.

Main thing to remember at the moment an autosave IS a save, so don't forget and play after the 3rd save, if unsure, quit and restart :p...

The really annoying thing is, because i know the save system is unsafe i actually save more often meaning that i don't get very far after 3 saves either...

Last edited by Gothnak; 14/07/14 09:11 AM.
stranger
stranger
2 Gothnak

That's not the case for me. The game hangs or crashes on first or second save after a bit of playing the game. I never got that far as 3 saves.

stranger
stranger
I'm having the Black Cove issue - I entered Black Cove and saved several times since entering. However, I can't load any of the saves from within, only those I made before. The game returns to main menu with error code 300.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Does every single player have loading/saving issues? I dont see a single comment from anyone who dont have the problem? And if there is someone who doesnt have the problem, why do you think he/she doesnt have the problem?

Iï½´ve had it since I started a few days ago with 1.0.57.0 and problem continues. I manually save both before and after conversations, before and after barters, before and after entering caves and so on. This is the way I Progress in the game atm. It Works, but itï½´s annoying smile

I experince crashes both on manually saves, Automatic saves and quick saves and there doesnt seem to be any pattern at all. The question is why itï½´s random? For me it doesnt occur every time i load or same but every 2-7 times i load/save.

I do hope that this is a prioritised matter since itï½´s a question of being able to play the game at all, and to be honest, you could do a lot better with communicating the status of this issue either through you website, social media or steam so that the players understand that there is something being done about this problem. People who are buying this game are paying your salary and for some it might be a lot of Money buying this game.

I found the support Tool and will do my part and install it and report all the crashes i experience even though im personally against using my time, trying to fix something that should be working from the start.

D:OS is a awesome game and I have been looking for something simular since Fallout 1 and 2. I hope there will be ad-ons and sequels but next time I will wait a few weeks/months before i Invest Money and know that all the "diseases" are gone. Atleast the ones that makes the game non-playble. smile

S
stranger
stranger
S
I also have this saving issue, which really is annoying. It happens every third or fourth save, no matter where and regardless of autosave, quick save or normal save. The turning icon begins to stutter, sound does as well and gets stuck in a loop and the game just shuts down leaving me at the desktop. There is no error message, game is just gone. I lowered graphics, deactivated autosave (to not get surprised by the next crash) and reduced the quick save slots to 2, didn't help.

To a "save early, save often" game this bug hurts quite a lot.

We are aware of memory issues on 32-bit systems and are still looking into solutions.

Please try lowering the graphics settings and shut down any non-essential programs running in the background.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard