Next Thread
Print Thread
M
OP Offline
M
So you can:
- Make it rain to create a puddle and then either freeze or electrocute
- Use water barrels to do the same as in above
- Use oil barrels, create a barricade, then sneak and teleport the enemy right between the barrels

What are some other creative ways of attacking your enemy using teleportation, barrels, spells, sneaking, etc? Something that doesn't require a specific environment is what I am after. You can create rain, bring barrels, etc.

W
W
Poison + fire = explosion, so fireballing an ooze barrel is nice,

or creating poison with an area including a torch creates a nice explosion..

killing certain of the elementals (not sure if it's all of them or not) creates a small surface, so e.g. killing an air elemental (through any means) standing in water/blood will electrify it, fire elemental in poison will cause an explosion etc.

I find smokescreen (pyromancy) to be a really handy spell (aside from the good blind chance with high int), delay your warrior and create a smokescreen so all of the enemy wastes their AP walking through it instead of causing damage/CC from afar (also a nice way to get ranged enemies closer to your melees).

And firefly is also great, use it to unfreeze your guys or annoying slippery terrain, burn a load of enemies at once, make the enemy think twice about running to hit your mage, and it will also create steam (which can be electrified) on the way if it hits water, and explode poison. Amazing utility spell all in all.

Far-out man also increases the range of both of these spells by 2m which is great.

O
apprentice
apprentice
O
Teleport ranged units within arm's reach of anyone with an attack of opportunity, especially if they can trigger status effects on hit. Archers don't much mind but mages seem to like to try to run a step or two away. Alternately, featherfall someone over to them if you prefer.

If you're abusing the oil puddles, just generally turn everything everywhere into a nightmare of fire and brimstone. Be sure to line 'em up and Bull Rush someone across the lake of fire, so your opponents lay around like slabs of ribs.

Create a giant puddle, wade your melee into the middle, freeze everything, then hit your own melee with minor fire damage to unstick them. Sure, you do less damage to frozen units, but you can pretend to savor their crystalline tears as they get chipped to pieces.

Stealth (or better yet, Invisible) around behind some enemy units and open the fight with a Bull Rush. Get everyone situated while the AI staggers around trying to stand up. Hilarity ensues, of whatever flavor you find most delectable.

Three (or even four!) mage team; each character with enough DEX to equip a halfway decent bow. 'Nuff said.

stranger
stranger
- teleporting enemies into lava
- using featherfall on charmed enemies to drop them into lava
- drop several enemies close by then trap them with ice wall
- also i like setting things on fire then using my ranger with poison/earth damage for explosions

Last edited by Raind; 13/07/14 09:51 PM.
J
apprentice
apprentice
J
Blood and lightning works wonders - but backfires easily

R
journeyman
journeyman
R
[Linked Image]

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
My main is rogue and he is a excellent cc/dps char. I have also air/water mage, two-handed tank and an archer. I usually start the fight with Teleportation spell and i can say this make fights so easy.

Last edited by gastovski; 14/07/14 08:00 AM.
H
apprentice
apprentice
H
Charm spam.

Charm Arrows, Charm Touch... spam until everyone's in love with you. Then ctrl-click everything to death.

apprentice
apprentice
Teleporting enemies into lava works well which is something a monster in game taught me though he did not appreciate it when I did it back to him and he died instantly. After fight cleared the lava using whirlwind spell and grabbed his loot.

addict
addict
I'm finding around levels 11-14 that things like Stun, Charm, Knockdown, etc. are just not working anymore. Either the enemy is immune or they make their saving throw. It's gotten to the point that the best way through a battle is to just forget tactics and just whack something till it's dead.

I really hate it as I liked changing things up in battle, but it just isn't worth wasting AP anymore on trying.

J
apprentice
apprentice
J
^ They do work, you just need to know which enemies are immune/resistant

As for other combos I found a simple boulder bash + fireball a crazy AOE damage combo
Also, ice elementals are great to summon right in the enemy's face, as after it dies it leaves a pool of frozen ice tripping enemies who try to advance with hilarious results

Only problem is that after the battle I forget its there and trip over myself!

Last edited by Jackal2200; 14/07/14 02:00 PM.
G
apprentice
apprentice
G
Originally Posted by Jackal2200
^ They do work, you just need to know which enemies are immune/resistant

As for other combos I found a simple boulder bash + fireball a crazy AOE damage combo
Also, ice elementals are great to summon right in the enemy's face, as after it dies it leaves a pool of frozen ice tripping enemies who try to advance with hilarious results

Only problem is that after the battle I forget its there and trip over myself!

I was going to suicide because of Hiberheim map. Full of tripping, rolling on the ground.

J
apprentice
apprentice
J
I must be nuts because I summon an ice elemental every battle!

addict
addict
This is a very specific instance, but my favorite was in Black Cove against that first abomination you come across (the water one that summons crabs). To reach it, you had to cover the vents for poison, so you could cross safely. I kept all but my archer back behind the clouds location, and initiated combat with said archer. After pulling my archer back to the line with the rest of my party, I set the abomination on fire with my caster. When it got close enough, I pulled the barrel off the vent cover, and released the poison gas. It set off a chain reaction that just continually whittled down the HP of the abomination, until it was dead. Simplest kill I ever had in the game so far.

That said, if the location of the fight has one of those vents, it makes for a great trap, since it continuously regenerates the poison cloud.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Jito463
This is a very specific instance, but my favorite was in Black Cove against that first abomination you come across (the water one that summons crabs). To reach it, you had to cover the vents for poison, so you could cross safely. I kept all but my archer back behind the clouds location, and initiated combat with said archer. After pulling my archer back to the line with the rest of my party, I set the abomination on fire with my caster. When it got close enough, I pulled the barrel off the vent cover, and released the poison gas. It set off a chain reaction that just continually whittled down the HP of the abomination, until it was dead. Simplest kill I ever had in the game so far.

That said, if the location of the fight has one of those vents, it makes for a great trap, since it continuously regenerates the poison cloud.

I teleported him to inside the room behind him. He couldn't fit through the door to get back out so I just pelted him with arrows until he was dead. Simplest kill I ever had in the game so far. smile

Link Copied to Clipboard